Starting to get a little worried!!

Djdenzil

Reaction score
I am a newby to this site and would greatly appreciate some honest advice.

I currently have a £250 deposit paid on a new A4 S Line Black Saloon 177 Tdi in Misano Red for delivery on the 8th MArch.

I currently drive an Octavia VRS CR 170 tdi which does on average 45 - 48 mpg and goes like the wind.

The quality difference between the two vehicles is easy to see however some on the threads on here about engine performance and mpg are worrying as I do in excess of 20K a year. Should I really be considering fitting a tuning box to a brand new car??

Any comments greatly received before I hand over a cheque for £30K.

Regards.

Depends really as you could go for an economy remap but the 177 should see you returns of 45-50mpg depending on your driving style for motorway.

My 2012 177 A4 Avant Quattro was Ruturning 39mpg on a decent run at 70-80mph.....and only 9000miles on the clock, Was led to beleave that it gets getter Mpg after 10,000+ miles as it loosens off! Also the Quattro has a good bit more weight which will reduce the Mpg over a Front Wheel Drive....

I have this car in the Quattro version and I am seeing the following :-

@ 60 you will hit 50+ and @ 70 I am seeing 47/48 mpg both on cruse, as for speed the car seems fast enough but the trade off with hard acceleration is lower mpg ...

This is the first TDi I have ever owned as my last car was a 54 plate A4 1.8T this car now has 267000 miles on it as in the past 5 years I have been doing 35000 miles a year and that the reason for switching to the TDi ... In terms of speed the TDi feels quicker than the 1.8T.

Is that actual mileage measured against fuel used or using the DIS computer.

Sounds like I need light feet.

My commute up and down the A19 prohibits me going much above 70 anyway.

This is using fuel used but the DIS is not that far off at all on constant trips its the round town bits it gets wrong as far as I can see..

my trip to work is A174, A19, A1M, M62 ( only for a few miles thank god ), M1 most of my trips are 60 to 70 on cruse and so far I am doing ok, but compared to the 1.8 petrol I am 30%+ better on mpg but it is an old one and its done quite a few miles :)

No matey, the company I work for has an eco policy that prohibits car users (car allowance) to use vehicles above a certain tax band.

*ankers!!!

So the Front wheel drive Audi's are a good bit better on Fuel than the Heavier Quattro so u should be ok with ur MPG ......They get better MPG with Mailage ....