1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Starting issues

ElSpoooel Jun 12, 2020

1. ElSpoooel

ElSpoooel New Member

Hi guys,
    I’m after a little advice. I have an A4 20.L TDI B8, 58 reg and for a few months now it’s taking longer and longer to start.
    I push the fob in with the clutch down, the car does what it needs to then starts turning the engine for a while till it decides to fire up!
    It seems to be worse when it’s either freezing cold or boiling hot.
    Originally I assumed it was the glow plugs so I swapped them for a new set which seemed to make a slight difference for about a day then it slipped back to doing the same thing. It recently had a new battery fitted too as it was taking so long to turn over sometimes it would flatten the battery.
    It’s due it’s MOT end of next week and I was going to get Audi to check it out but I thought if anyone might have any ideas I could try beforehand that’d be great.
    Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Colin Sutton

Colin Sutton Member

My 2000 A3 had a problem like this .Advised on here to change 109 Relay . Problem solved.

ElSpoooel likes this.
  4. ElSpoooel

ElSpoooel New Member

Nice, thanks for that. I’ll give it a try

5. Colin Sutton

Colin Sutton Member

Don't know where yours is , mine was on a board under steering wheel lower panel . Good Luck .

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  6. ElSpoooel

ElSpoooel New Member

Cheers for that, I’ve just been trying to find mine and couldn’t find it. I’ll try the same place as yours!