starting cut off

sahkel

Reaction score
I have just taken ownership of a 1996 A4 1.8 with 148,000 miles on the clock. The car runs like a dream,but it has one niggle, which I feel someone must have had before. 9 times out of 10 the car start first turn and runs without any problems. However every now and then when I try to start the car it fires and dies. This only happens when the car is at normal temperature. If you keep trying and give it gas its starts.

Any Idea's from you Audi Guys.

If it’s the problem I am thinking of then it’s your car immobiliser. In a4's this is common fault to check I am right. Check that when you turn on the ignition the key sign should go off then you ok to start the car. If it’s flashing on your display it’s mean car not reading the key code & the car will not start. The car sounds likes there is no fuels. You have to take key out & keep trying till key sign go off. I have got same problem with my a4 & my other friends so you are not alone in this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Your right, it seems to be the same problem you have been talking about.

Is it a costly one to repair, or do you think i should not bother with it because its starts evntually once the key error message does not come up.

cheers

My friend went to Audi to solve this problem & paid about £140 but after while the problem came back & Audi told him it’s a common fault they cant do anything about it. So you shouldn’t worry about this & enjoy your car or you can go to your nearest dealer & mansion all this to them let see what they are saying about it. If they saying they can solve this problem tell them you want your money back if the problem come back again in future.Best of luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif