Started my car and it kept cutting out and coming up with safe?!

jaysonD

Reaction score
Just parked up for five minute didn't get out my car talking my mate when to start it, started the cut out Instantly, tried starting about 3 times it done the same think and the trip mileage area came up with safe?!
Anyone know why this happened!

sounds like the immobilizer has activated?, as to why? could it be a duff battery in the key?

The battery in the key does not affect immobiliser there is a little chip in the key that is read by an immobiliser ring around ignition barrell try spare key if that fails vcds and see what fault comes up could be pick up ring on ignition barrel

The battery in the key does not affect immobiliser there is a little chip in the key that is read by an immobiliser ring around ignition barrell try spare key if that fails vcds and see what fault comes up could be pick up ring on ignition barrel
Tried my spare key a couple of times and so far so good

So basically if it does start doing it again get a diagnosis? What should I do if it's the key??

It maybe dodgy chip in key or chip reader id get it plugged in now its running it should have logged a code on immobiliser

if the spare key works fine then likely the clock has corrupted or the immo chip damaged as suggested. I can test chip, reader (unlikely to be damaged) and clocks if required. I can also supply and reprogram new chips, and program clocks etc.