Start up missfire

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Happy bank holiday all, wish I was chilling with a few beers but the car needs attention.
For a while now iv had a missfire on start up on Mondays and when go back to it after work.
Sparks plugs all was changed but long ago so first chance I get is today to look into it.
First I need to do my richer cover gasket as can see it's leaking,
Next I see some carbon collect by the injectors, in the picture below.
Could these be a cause, a leaky injector seal?
35f27463cbafce8cbf52044df9d7d8c6.jpg
a812034a2edeb0d9646967c49d893b06.jpg
1807de66ddbe575d79cd9f217419b12b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does look like it, if you've not changed them it can only do good things changing them :)

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Yes exactly my thinking to, doing them this afternoon with the rocker cover gasket

Reactions: fanta
Yes exactly my thinking to, doing them this afternoon with the rocker cover gasket

You're leaking boost, replace injector o rings and clean the injector seats. Usually when the rocker cover leaks the crankcase ventilation system is clogged, remove and clean it as the rocker cover will leak again if you don't, weakest point and fails first every time.

You're leaking boost, replace injector o rings and clean the injector seats. Usually when the rocker cover leaks the crankcase ventilation system is clogged, remove and clean it as the rocker cover will leak again if you don't, weakest point and fails first every time.

That's what I did, was very dirty and the seals where not spilt but just dirty.
All clean up now! Still got the missfire though

Ok so I am specious that my head gasket is leaking slightly.
I'm looseing water internally it seems, missfire when left to stand and white fumes from exhaust.
Another issue is went to check the sparks and one seems to have its tread stripped so it's just spinning, any tips on getting it out?

if you decide to do you head gasket you will be able to get it out then.

mine misfired in the morning - I changed the head gasket last year and it has started misfiring again in the morning. - but I have other issues now too.