Start / Stop can't be disabled ? (A7)

Batmike

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

just wondering - I had an A7 rental and I disabled Start / Stop - yet it seems it still does that no matter what the button is set to ? Is this some fancy tech I don't get, is the button useless etc ?

VCDS or OBDELEVEN can be used to truly permanently disable Start/Stop, or memory function which always remembers the button state.
Does the light turn on and off on the button itself?

It's hit & miss disabling SS on different chassis tbh, numerous settings & not necessarily successful as it is controlled by a variety of systems.

VCDS or OBDELEVEN can be used to truly permanently disable Start/Stop, or memory function which always remembers the button state.
Does the light turn on and off on the button itself?

Not really an option - as I mention .. it was just a rental but I am in the market for one later this year so wanted to see if its stuff that is 'normal' or just broken in this particular model. The light was off when I assumed it was off - but it SS on either setting.

It's hit & miss disabling SS on different chassis tbh, numerous settings & not necessarily successful as it is controlled by a variety of systems.

Yea wonder if it has something to do with the drive select. I THINK (only had the car for a day) it didn't SS on Dynamic ... But I would expect it only does that on ECO but even on Comfort the button was useless.