Start button

stuart scott

Reaction score
I collected my 2018 s4 on Saturday but since then when i go to start it ,i put my foot on the brake pedal which is solid push the button and it doesn’t start it switched the ignition on but won’t start unless i pump the brakes really hard ,any ideas

Hi

Have the brakes been serviced lately?

And it’s a stupid suggestion, but have you tried to hold the start button down for a fraction longer? “Hold-to-start”

A brief click only switches on the accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glasgow Audi have just replaced the front discs and pads
It says please press the brake pedal even though im stamping on it

Reactions: Mr Olympik
How recently?

A brake and disk change shouldn’t involve messing with the fluid. And the car is quite new so I’d rule out brake fluid contamination.

How is the car to drive, or rather more specifically to brake? Is it stiff there too?
Could be a sign of brake booster failure or vacuum loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brakes were done last week
The brakes are pretty vicious compared to my 2012 s4

If the car is in warranty still, take it back and have them investigate it. Brakes are kind of important, you want them working properly :p

Put you foot firmer down on the brake pedal. Tap firmly on start. There is a slight difference when turning on ignition and starting the car. I rem that happening to me when I got the b9.

Reactions: stuart scott
Just got my car back from the dealers its to go back in for a few things (ambient door lights ,and to get the passenger seat re-covered)but the break pedal on start is a leaking oneway valve in the breaking system £462 to fix lucky everything is covered by the warranty as its well over two grand