Star button on steering wheel.

James 123

Reaction score
Evening all,
I know this is posted in the wrong section but it’s quite a generic enquiry, and I’ve always found this the best place to find what I’ve been looking for. I used to have a pfl rs3 8v. On the steering wheel I was able to use the star button to skip my music tracks forward a song rather than nudging the volume button near the gear stick sideways. However in my new purchase ( rs5 67 reg ), using the star button, i can only seem to make it switch from media to radio and vice versa rather than pressing the star button to skip an actual track on my media playlist. I can obviously see the list of alternatives, meaning I can use the star button to Flick through to dynamic, or comfort etc, but when it comes to music I can literally just see the one option which enables me to change from media to radio and radio to media ( this is the very last option on the list ). Can anyone confirm that this is just how it is now, or if I’m doing something wrong. To access the list of options for the star button, I just hold it down for a couple of seconds and the above mentioned list appears. If anyone can guide me in the right direction it’d be greatly appreciated. James.

Is that not because the newer Audi’s have a forward and backward button in the steering wheel

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, seanbeckerleg, OliS3 and 1 other person
Upload 2019 4 16 17 53 36

These buttons

Can’t believe I was so blind. Just been out and found em ha ha. Thanks again.

Reactions: OliS3, Audi Bairn, TYb and 3 others