Standard TQS exhaust

Nick101

Boost fiend
Reaction score
Where can I buy a new or second hand original TQS back box?

the one fitted to my car is for a normal 1.8T I think as it hasn't got the larger bore tailpipes, I have out chrome tips on but still looks abit naff.

cant seem to find any used or new ones anywhere!

Ebay/breakers for secondhand or if you've won the lotto then new from an Audi dealer. I gave up looking for an OE type one, every motor factor I tried said that they weren't listed. I just settled for a full Jetex stainless system, a bit louder than OE but ££££'s cheaper.

There is one that looks like the correct one on eBay, but it looks really scruffy.

how much did you pay for Jetex system? Been thinking about going to Longlife for a custom s/s system.

I paid about £370 for the Jetex. It fitted pretty well too.

I had to get a new downpipe from the cat as well, and that was a bit of a faff due to the different sizes as the downpipe I got was an OE type from Ebay, but it all worked out ok in the end.

I guess Longlife would be more expensive but you could get them to do you a new downpipe in the same diameter as the system.

Not too bad then! Is the Jetex mild or s/s?

I meant to day downpipe back, saying that my flexi is looking a bit ropey so would replace at the same time, prob get a standard one on eBay depending what I was quoted if I was to go to Longlife.

aragorn - what kind of nick is it in? And how much would you be looking for?

I'll get some photos of it, its 12 years old so its certainly not in perfect condition, but that said its still solid and wasnt leaking etc. Wont be wanting much for it though. Tenner plus postage money perhaps?

I recently got the exhaust done on my saloon, i used a standard S4 system, chopped before the Y section and then a new 2.5" pipe run from there up to the downpipe. The guy didnt replace the downpipe, but he did cut the flexi off and weld a new one on as it was blown.

The S4 system was £40ish, and it cost me £200 for the guy to fit it and weld in the new flexi etc.

Gonna do the same thing on the avant, but i'm thinking about putting a sport cat on that as well.

I have thought about doing the same with an S4 system, just I'm only really tidying up the back end as my tailpipes currently look pants.

Maybe I will go s/s in the future.

ill have it off you mate as long as its solid, hangers and all and the tailpipes themselves are still in ok condition, I.e not rusted and will clean up with a good polish.

I have a standard TQS centre section to go with Aragorns Back box