Standard to Sline steering wheel swap

M90KKL

Reaction score
any advice on swapping from a 4 spoke to 3 spoke s line steering wheel? Picked up a s line bag and wheel from eBay and going to attempt to fit next week to my B8 SE. I'm sure Iv seen on his it's a simple job.

But would like a little step by step or any advice.

Thanks

K

I've just swapped my s line wheel for the flat bottom r8 wheel. I followed a guide very similar to the one above, making sure I disconnected the neutral terminal on the battery and left the ignition and lights turned on for around 20 minutes to fully drain the battery. Had no probs at all. I did lean my face away from the bag tho whilst doing that bit, just being a bit para ha. Take your time and it's a doddle really

I've just swapped my s line wheel for the flat bottom r8 wheel. I followed a guide very similar to the one above, making sure I disconnected the neutral terminal on the battery and left the ignition and lights turned on for around 20 minutes to fully drain the battery. Had no probs at all. I did lean my face away from the bag tho whilst doing that bit, just being a bit para ha. Take your time and it's a doddle really

fingers crossed!! I take it the 3 spoke airbag fits the flat bottom R8 style wheel too?

I had to get a new airbag aswell. The one I had was like a shield shape and the new one is round.