Standard steering wheel buttons

peterw47

Reaction score
The brochure and the online builder show different images for the standard steering wheel buttons. Just wondering if someone could post a pic of one in the flesh?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If standard S-line is good then see attached...

Mine is the same as above and it a standard s-line. I think the buttons depend on what options you have. I think Virtual Cockpit gives the left, right, back movement buttons, as well as nav on the steering wheel.

I also think selecting flat bottom steering wheel gives these buttons.

See the fourth picture down on the first post. The extra buttons appear on the round s-line steering wheel, but again I think this is due to the Virtual Cockpit.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/post-pics-of-your-a4-b9-in-here.273543/

Quite annoying really having the above steering wheel has no way to go back a music folder on the DIS. I can't find a way anyway. I'm having to use the back button on the centre console.

s-line Virtual Cockpit

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 921
I think my 2014 A3 saloon has only one button missing from that, the view button...

Yeah I did mean S Line actually, forgot to mention that. I can see why there is confusion now, didn't realise it was dependant on the dash. Since I won't be going for virtual dash, trying to figure if I'll miss the extra buttons (coming from A3 flat bottom with lots of buttons)...

Cheers for posting the pics up, great help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you spec the flat bottom steering wheel without the virtual cockpit you still get the extra buttons

I should think the forward, back, return buttons on the left will work on the DIS regardless. So should the *,Phone, and Nav buttons as they all worked on both my A3s and A1s, which is why I find it annoying that they're not standard on the A4.

The multifunction steering wheel above interestingly shows the centre console mouse buttons on either side of the ok rotary button, as well as the track forward and back buttons on the either side of the volume rotary button.

I should think the forward, back, return buttons on the left will work on the DIS regardless. So should the *,Phone, and Nav buttons as they all worked on both my A3s and A1s, which is why I find it annoying that they're not standard on the A4.

The multifunction steering wheel above interestingly shows the centre console mouse buttons on either side of the ok rotary button, as well as the track forward and back buttons on the either side of the volume rotary button.

That's probably because you can access Telephone and Navigation using speech. Just press the Voice button and say 'Telephone' or 'Route Guidance' so need need to find and press buttons.

AFAIK it isn't dependent on you having the virtual cockpit, the multifunction wheel with the extra buttons comes with the Technology Pack. The buttons then work the display in the DIS as above.

The voice control is soooo slow though :(

And it doesn't get my Scottish accent either.

Disappointed at the lack of buttons on the basic "multi-function" steering wheel but the main controls are tactile enough to be able to use without taking eyes off the road.