Standard s3 18" wheel cost?

Bradks3

Reaction score
I have had my car just over a week and am loving it. However, unbelievably after 18 months of 'curb' free motoring in my previous gti I have gone and curbed the front nearside wheel!! I now feel a little sick.... Anyone know the cost of a single wheel from Audi or know where one could be sourced cheaper? I know it's gonna cost but a new wheel must be found. Thanks guys. I'm off to have a little cry..

I believe the going rate is in the region of £600. :anguished: I think I'd have the little cry and then just resign to either leave it, go over the scuff with a brush and some touch up paint or get a mobile alloy wheel smart repair done. I know the cars cost us a hell of a lot in the first place, but there's a lot of things I'd spend £600 on before replacing a scuffed but otherwise structurally sound wheel.

Is it diamond cut? If so it will take around 3-4 days to repair (they go back the bare metal). How bad is it? Do you have a picture?

To be honest the damage is not too bad. It's only on the rim and less than an inch long.. But I know it's there!!!
£600 is a bit much. I was expecting around £400. I found a place on eBay splitting a set, £380 each delivered. I think I'll go for that, then have a go at repairing the damaged one myself. I have repaired a few in the past and made a fairly decent job of them.

Had the same issue about a year after getting mine. An unfortunate steering error when on my dads driveway caused a bit of a bad scrape to passenger side front and back as I slipped off a curb!

Emailed my local dealership the day after and got quoted £668.29 incl VAT per wheel. This was for the 10 spoke 18" wheels. Flagged the message so I would remember to talk to them next time I was at the garage, spoke to my aftersales guy and he recommended they get refurbished instead as the damage isn't too savage and he recommended a company called Pristine Wheels which seem to have a few agents around the country. Haven't got mine done yet, will be getting a quote from them early next week! Will make sure to come back and let you know if I got the work done and for how much etc!

I was speaking to one of the master technicians a little later when we took my car out to ensure the issues were fixed, he said Pristine Wheels are a very reliable company that he has personally used before, he seemed to think i would be looking at no more than £85-100 a wheel.

Last edited:
I have used Pristine Wheels based in Milton Keynes in the past to respray a set of wheels for me. The ones that came on the particular A3 were the same as a previous A3 were were two tone rather than a single colour. I preferred the single colour and Pristine resprayed them. I was very happy with their service and the quality of their work.

On my current A3 I took out a 3yr Alloy Wheel cover from ALA when I purchased my GAP insurance from them. Don't think their insurance covers diamond cut wheels though.

@h5djr thanks for the information, that would be my local dealership. Good to hear a review from someone not earning commission :p

I did this recently with my car too. But after several weeks past I don't give a hoot anymore. It's hardly noticeable.

iHuimp6FgmlmF.jpg

front driver wheel.

ibhZFplr5n1sPp.jpg

Besides these aren't even the stock wheels, their aftermarket 18" replicas of the 19" A3 5-arm wing anthracite wheels.

If push ever came to shove, I'd just find some over-the-counter product to mask that scratch and deal with it until I replace these wheels out with my stock wheels that I have winter tires on for winter.

I can price up a Set of the standard S3 hb/sb wheels on monday for you if you want, i work at an Audi dealership

I have had my car just over a week and am loving it. However, unbelievably after 18 months of 'curb' free motoring in my previous gti I have gone and curbed the front nearside wheel!! I now feel a little sick.... Anyone know the cost of a single wheel from Audi or know where one could be sourced cheaper? I know it's gonna cost but a new wheel must be found. Thanks guys. I'm off to have a little cry..
I'm selling a brand new set of s3 wheels and tyres if your interested, I took delivery of my car in the 30 May and I've put a new bigger set of wheels and tyres on the car, I'm open to offers