Standard grill swap for black edition (8v PFL)

stho28

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a 2016 S3 Sportback which has the standard grill with the chrome on. I’m looking to see if it is possible to swap it out for the black edition version as I’m not the biggest fan of the honeycomb grills.

If anyone could help with this by either pointing me in the direction of someone that could have with this or even letting me know if it’s possible along with sending the part number that would be amazing!

Spoke to Audi and they suggested I research this myself as they didn’t know if it could be swapped.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gloss black horizontal slats with chrome surround - 8V3853651 VMZ
Gloss black horizontal slats with black surround - 8V3853651A VMZ
Matt black horizontal slats with chrome surround - 8V3853651F CKA

Keep in mind there are 26 part numbers for black front grilles. 80-100 part numbers for grills in total, it anyones guess as to which would actually fit your car as it will be slightly different if you have cruise control radar, or front parking sensors for example, afaik you can move the parking sensor brackets over but you will need the radar cut-out if you have the radar
easiest way would be if you could check your existing part number, this way I could just tell you the black version of that number

Gloss black horizontal slats with chrome surround - 8V3853651 VMZ
Gloss black horizontal slats with black surround - 8V3853651A VMZ
Matt black horizontal slats with chrome surround - 8V3853651F CKA

Keep in mind there are 26 part numbers for black front grilles. 80-100 part numbers for grills in total, it anyones guess as to which would actually fit your car as it will be slightly different if you have cruise control radar, or front parking sensors for example, afaik you can move the parking sensor brackets over but you will need the radar cut-out if you have the radar
easiest way would be if you could check your existing part number, this way I could just tell you the black version of that number

Apologies I meant to add those details above. All I have that would affect the grill would be the parking sensors.

I can’t get behind the grill to find the part number unfortunately but I believe it is 8V3853651BC.

in that case just add CKA to the end to get the black version, so 8V3853651BC CKA nevermind, thats wrong
a little trick to confirm your current part number is call your local dealer and tell them youre looking for a new grille, and once they look it up ask them for the part number
as for the swap its definitely do-able and theres plenty of honeycomb grill swap videos out there, you can follow the same steps

in that case just add CKA to the end to get the black version, so 8V3853651BC CKA nevermind, thats wrong
a little trick to confirm your current part number is call your local dealer and tell them youre looking for a new grille, and once they look it up ask them for the part number
as for the swap its definitely do-able and theres plenty of honeycomb grill swap videos out there, you can follow the same steps

I did try doing that but they told me that they aren’t allowed to give out part numbers unfortunately. Yeah I thought those videos may help me along once I manage to get my hands on the correct grill.

Don’t suppose you know the correct part number for the black version?

I really appreciate the help!

i could find the black version for you if i knew which grill number you had currently, but without knowing which one you have right now i cant be sure, chances are that alot of the grilles will fit on anyway, not 100% sure what the differences are between all the part numbers, id say your best bet would be just find one that looks the same from the front and has all the holes in the right places for sensors ect and get that, theres so many part numbers for black front grilles and im sure all of them would fit on, just with subtle differences

Thought i posted this a few hours ago but just realised i got an error and it never posted, :p

i could find the black version for you if i knew which grill number you had currently, but without knowing which one you have right now i cant be sure, chances are that alot of the grilles will fit on anyway, not 100% sure what the differences are between all the part numbers, id say your best bet would be just find one that looks the same from the front and has all the holes in the right places for sensors ect and get that, theres so many part numbers for black front grilles and im sure all of them would fit on, just with subtle differences

Thought i posted this a few hours ago but just realised i got an error and it never posted, :p

So I found an identical grill to what I have on eBay and managed to confirm the part number which is 8V3853651.

I don’t suppose you know anywhere in particular I could look for one other than eBay as the only one I’ve found on there if from china.

All I seem to see when looking is honeycomb grills. I’ll keep looking and hopefully I’ll get something sorted!

Thanks for the help :)