Standard Front Grille

PigPen

Reaction score
Hello All, picking up a new RS3 on Saturday. It was one of the last ones into the country and already built so has no options however I have managed to get the dealer to install the black grille to the front at cost. Would there be a market to sell the standard grille to get some of my money back I'm guessing someone would only want one if they had been in an accident or bought a used one with a black grille and wanted to put it back to standard. Best place to try on ebay?

nope, post in classified section on this website...... S3 owners will be cutting each others throats to get to you:laugh:
post in S3 posts for maximum bites, pictures always get people going. Enjoy you're RS3....

Reactions: PigPen
Any idea what it is worth though?

Last edited:
edit this post..... remove figures and let everyone else do the bidding..... should get more IMHO

Thanks for the advice do we pay to put an advert in the classifieds section?

Free to put an advert in classifieds ;)

Evening Pigpen :)

Welcome to audi-sport.net pigpen. Put your grille in the classifieds section please. You will have plenty of interested members. Enjoy the new car when you get and enjoy the forum. :) x

Need to stop meeting like this................!:kiss:

Unless you're a female, the kisses can be for sandra lol.

Enjoy the RS3! This grille will be gone in no time lol!

Hope so might ease the blow with the wife!

Reactions: RYes3
I'll let you have one Sandra but keep it quiet. My wife doesn't know about either yet will have to be just passing 220 miles away!

Reactions: RYes3
Talking of grills!...I'm going to ask a silly question, but ya never know!

Does anybody wish to exchange their black front grill for a titanium/silver one?
As my car was from stock I did not have the option, and someone might be in the reverse situation to me? :think:

Talking of grills!...I'm going to ask a silly question, but ya never know!

Does anybody wish to exchange their black front grill for a titanium/silver one?
As my car was from stock I did not have the option, and someone might be in the reverse situation to me? :think:

You can buy and have them fitted by Audi, that is what I have done but not cheap!

I was charged £600+ for the grille and three hours labour to fit this and the black tail pipes. I haven't seen it yet so worried about the post above I assumed it came with everything but I suppose they may have taken bits off the original one? Uhoh!

I think so and just replace the standard ones. Haven't seen parts or car yet! These were the easy bits I could do from the Black Styling Pack.

£44 each. The only other reference is to the rear diffuser but from everyone else I spoke to these are all gloss black now anyway so no one could understand what the brochure was referring to. I'm still hoping I can get a reasonable price for mine to cover the costs it has also be subsidised by the HQ as well!

Last edited:
£44 each. The only other reference is to the rear diffuser but from everyone else I spoke to these are all gloss black now anyway so no one could understand what the brochure was referring to. I'm still hoping I can get a reasonable price for mine to cover the costs it has also be subsidied by the HQ as well!

Cheers!

I think that's it then in terms of the black styling package, grill and tail pipes?

I think that's it then in terms of the black styling package, grill and tail pipes?

Black optics pack also includes colour coded door handles and colour coded rear spoiler wedge sections....... pretty sure it
also covers gloss black diffuser and tinted windows

Tinted windows / privacy glass is a separate option as is the internal door handles. External door handles and spoiler edges are part of the aluminium style package and also include the edges to the front and rear diffusers.

Black pack from what I recall from the brochure is;

Black optics front central grille and surround
Window surrounds
Rear valance
Exhaust tips.

Alu pack gave;
Front side air vent surround trim
Lower front splitter in aluminium
Door handle accents
Rear boot mounted spoiler side winglets
alu strip on rear valance

Pretty sure with current model / brochure window surrounds are black anyway otherwise all as above.

IIRC it used to be that they were polished / shiney as standard and IIRC the alu pack made them matt and the black pack, formerly known as optics pack made them black.

I'll try and dig our my brochure pdf to see what it says.

'Rear boot mounted spoiler side winglets'........ winglets eh...... Learn something new everyday. What was wrong with calling
them wedges! ha ha..... that made me laugh

I am thinking of getting mine wrapped black in the areas where the alu pack would have gone, i.e. black winglets/underside of spoiler (lol) and front splitter. not sure on the top of the door handles yet.