Standard Exhaust quality?

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Reaction score
I was thinking today that when I have to admit to the missus that I have spent £1500 on an exhaust, that is if she finds out???
What sort of excuse can I use to soften the blow?
It then came to me that the original exhaust will need to be replaced sooner rather than later and the new one comes with a lifetime guarantee.
I was just interested if anyone has any quality issues with there original system? How old it is how many miles you have racked up sort of thing.

Never understood this. You are your own person, why do you have to make excuses? Be a man ***!

This will spoil your plans!
My Mk 4 Golf GTI 1.8T that I bought in 1998 is still on the original system at 110,000 miles.

Reactions: audismart
I would say that you've been a bit unlucky for your system to just about last 10-years. Over the years, I've seen definite proof that cars based in either coastal towns (salt air) or somewhere like Scotland (more salt on roads for longer) often suffer more from corrosion. I'm surprised that you needed a whole exhaust, it's usually the rear section that goes earlier.

This will spoil your plans!
My Mk 4 Golf GTI 1.8T that I bought in 1998 is still on the original system at 110,000 miles.
Lol, yeah I know, my mate has had two mk4s now and both had there original system on, 18 years on the same original system is a long time, a new BCS powervalve turbo back is going to hold a bit of value to the car as well I hope.

I would say that you've been a bit unlucky for your system to just about last 10-years. Over the years, I've seen definite proof that cars based in either coastal towns (salt air) or somewhere like Scotland (more salt on roads for longer) often suffer more from corrosion. I'm surprised that you needed a whole exhaust, it's usually the rear section that goes earlier.
Nothing wrong with my system bud, Just justifying a BCS Powervalve.