Standalone ecu

You can rescale the VE map to suit your real world readings... mine sits at around 28kpa on overrun and 50 ish on idle
Screenshot 2018 10 10 at 091354

My current adaptions and trims...
Screenshot 2018 10 10 at 092409

Vacuum on overrun....
Screenshot 2018 10 10 at 093055

Vacuum on idle...
Screenshot 2018 10 10 at 093204

<tuffty/>

Reactions: badger5
Thanks for the answers Tuffty!

Yes, OEM VW/Audi MAP sensors can read vacuum, in the 1.8T-s they are just fitted to the intercooler (or intercooler piping) where no vacuum is produced by the engine. The lowest reading (checking various logs) for the 300kpa one is around 13.8 and for the 400kpa one is around 27.5. Very light load cruising (where it would actually matter) MAP is usually between 30-40kpa, but this also depends on the cams (overlap) used.

Reactions: badger5
Well that's very handy as that is the sensor I already have 03k906051 = 0281006059. I did realise that on overrun the injectors would be off so not going to make much difference there but wasn't sure about idle vacuum or the resolution. I presume the best thing is to get a boss welded to the manifold , I would of thought somewhere in the middle of the manifold to pick up an average reading.
Thanks for the screen shot Paul that looks very user friendly. Might not be sticking with comfortable throttle response :) .
I have bought some of the 1000cc Bosch injectors 0280158040 would they be one of the injectors in the selector list as I believe that's what you run Paul. And I know Bill sells them.

Last edited:
@baliszoft, just seen this in the website “Ignitron ECU is a plug and play standalone engine management system for the VW/AUDI/SEAT/SKODA 1.8 20V Turbo engines running BOSCH Motronic ME 7.5 ECU (also fits other platforms up to six cylinders, like VW/AUDI 2.5/2.7/2.8/3.2L after slight modification of the loom). “
can you shed some light on what the light modifications are? Also on how/where I’d connect the wiring for the n75 valve

Depends on if you want to use it in a genuine r32 or in an ex 1.8T with an r32 engine installed. If the later, you hardly have anything to do, except for wiring in an IAT, MAP and N75 into the original r32 engine harness (the one with the small plug). R32 has its IAT in its MAF and has no MAP/N75 at all. Is it going to be a NA or turbo setup? I would suggest the ignitron for turbocharged r32 (with a single turbo) setups only.

Yeah it will be a tt 3.2 gt3582 turbo in a s3 shell, if I have to wire that into original harness will the ignition come with a schematic so i know where to wire them to?

Yes, i can provide you with the pinout. Not much to change really, Tuffty does the same procedure at the moment.