Stance coilovers

S3STE1977

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the stance coilovers on there S3 8l on here? I know they're cheap and I know they won't be as good as a good set of shocks and springs but I am on a bit of a budget.
Plus my Mrs would hate the car on coilovers so I'm definitely going down that road.

They are still coilovers so your misses won’t like them i wouldn’t bother with cheap, I just replaced my rear with standard like Koni str temporarily I think from larkspeed was only about 130 for the pair they are sweet as also I think Bilstein do oem like for like for pretty good money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785
They are still coilovers so your misses won’t like them i wouldn’t bother with cheap, I just replaced my rear with standard like Koni str temporarily I think from larkspeed was only about 130 for the pair they are sweet as also I think Bilstein do oem like for like for pretty good money

Yeah I hear what your saying pal but that is just for the rear shocks. Once you add in front shocks and lowering springs it starts to add up. I had some cheap crap ebay 1ns on a skoda vrs I had. The lad I got the car off had them wound right down. It was almost undriveable, but once I raised them up they didn't seem to bad.

I’ve got cheap front coilovers on at the moment that came with the car think they are called FK proper cheap found the kit the other day, rusting to **** now obviously kits like kw I believe won’t as they’re made from decent material don’t quote me on that. Depends what you want the car for and what your intentions are with it

Buy cheap buy twice as the saying goes. The Stance kits are just the same as the likes of the JOM powder coated a different colour and then another £50 added on.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Haha they do say buy cheap by twice but what I have to say is buy cheap because I have a crazy wife 3 kids and no money . I've read a couple of reviews of people putting them on mk1 TTs and they were saying that they were not as harsh or as crashy as they were expecting and they were surprised overall. they seem to be popular with the bmw drivers and they reckon they're a huge improvement over tired standard shocks and springs.
I know there not going to be brilliant but for the moneys they've got to be worth a bash.

Think about changing the rear tie bars first if you’re lowering as it pushes the camber out on the rear wheels and ends up mashing up the bushes on the rear shocks and the rear tie bars snap as they’re old

I hear ya

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200228_154300_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228_154300_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 294
Ouch lol I done mine recently before it went costly but all worth it

Was just thinking ste as I wanted decent coilovers anyway if you were interested in my rear Koni dampers let me know only a month old I just needed some quick time to do a track day I had booked and wasn’t in no shape to do one

Interesting thread as i also pondered putting these on my TT but i think im going for 40mm lowered springs on standard shocks instead. I too read about a crashy ride where the shocks aren't good enough to on damping and is prone to bottoming out too easily.

ALot of B roads round my way so im cautious about using them otherwise i too would be opting for a pikey set of coilovers.

Saying that it seems the next level up is AP Coilovers but i too can't afford them due to life wrecking kids etc. One day.. anyway please let me know how you get on with them good luck.

Reactions: Asim1
OK a quick update on the stance coilovers. I bit the bullet and ordered a set on Monday. They came yesterday and I fit them today.
I've had a few cars with coilovers before but this was my first set I've fit myself. They didn't come with any information or instructions but they were pretty straight forward and took about 3 hours.
Out the box they were wound all the way down which did make it easier to fit. Once on the car I raised them up a fair bit because I didn't want to go to wild but it still sits really low.
I have to say I was really surprised how good the ride is to say how low it is.
Overall I'd say for the money they feel pretty good.
Screenshot 20200820 191719 comandroidgallery3d

Reactions: mephisto
Just out of interest did you go with the stance+ Street or ultra option

Thanks
OK a quick update on the stance coilovers. I bit the bullet and ordered a set on Monday. They came yesterday and I fit them today.
I've had a few cars with coilovers before but this was my first set I've fit myself. They didn't come with any information or instructions but they were pretty straight forward and took about 3 hours.
Out the box they were wound all the way down which did make it easier to fit. Once on the car I raised them up a fair bit because I didn't want to go to wild but it still sits really low.
I have to say I was really surprised how good the ride is to say how low it is.
Thanks for the detail, interested to hear they don't seem as bad to you as other people say. Have you found your car bottoming out at all. You are running them v low i would be a good 15mm higher, is the ride similar to before?

Yeah it was never my intention to run them so low. I wound them up 30mm on the fronts before I put the wheels back on but obviously wasn't enough.
The car drives great I've been on a few **** roads and its no worse than before.
The problem I had was the car felt very floaty at high speeds (above 80) and I was having to fight it.
It feels completely different now at high speeds nice and flat.
I don't think I'm doing a great job explaining it so if anyone is in the Bradford area and wants to come see for themselves I'm more than happy to show them .

Reactions: Asim1 and mephisto
any updates on these coilovers and where did you get them from?

Any issues with rust or ride quality as time has gone on?