1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Stall - start stop does work. Garage lying or not?

Arnott Feb 3, 2017

1. Arnott

Arnott Registered User

So today I took my Audi A3 Saloon 2.0 tdi sline into the garage as when I stall the car the start stop functionality seems to stop working.

So I stall, put the clutch down and in neautral and the engine doesn't start.

Should it?

A technician told me there is a 3 second limit and to get the gear into neatral and the clutch down before it required a manual restart with the keys.

I think the technical is talking rubbish but I know little about cars.

Anyone able to help?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RichardT

RichardT Registered User

I would think it quite likely that the car would not start automatically after it stalls.
    If the S/S otherwise works OK I wouldn't look on this as a problem anyway. Stalling is presumably a very rare occurrance.

4. deanshaw24

deanshaw24 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Just don't stall it?

My Mrs gtd restarts after she stalls it.

josul and Richierich37 like this.
  5. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Pretty sure mine re-starts if i stall it. In fact I'm 100% sure it does. i don't put it back in neutral though to be honest. this might be the problem? if i stall in 1st then put clutch down immediately, with it still in 1st and it re-starts. If you stall and you go back to neutral aren't you doing a bit of a "drivers test" or L-plate driver style re-start? stall, put handbrake on, back to neutral, turn off engine, restart engine, etc etc! sounds painful.....

Arnott likes this.
  6. Whitestar

Whitestar Registered User

My previous manual 8P would restart automatically after stalling as soon as I pressed the clutch.

Arnott and Ormesome like this.