Stalker Finally Posts

S1 4 Tony

Reaction score
Hi All
Well I have been stalking this forum for a while. I'm a Kiwi living in Aussie and have kicked off my mid life crisis with the "Little Stinger" my kids call it. Thank you all so much for the info as you can imagine they are not a very popular car here ( I'm still yet to see another one on the road)in Aussie.
Couple of questions
Is anyone running spacers? I was looking a SCC ones to compliment, bearing in mind I'm running H&R springs.

What is the maximum SD card size that anyone has used for their tunes?

I think I might look at removing one or both of the front exhaust resonators, just for that little more volume. Anyone running that sort of set up have problems with fault codes coming up?
Cheers All

Attachments

• IMG_3566.JPG
    IMG_3566.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_3567.JPG
    IMG_3567.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3568.JPG
    IMG_3568.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 194
Reactions: voorhees, kevin lewis and ChrisG.
Welcome to audi-sport.net.lively looking car. Hope you enjoy taking part in the forum. :) x

hi , hubcentric spacers - any thing less than 12 mm wont fit on the rear due to the hub lip , im hoping eibach 10 mm will go on the front , ill find out tomorrow

10 mm eibach spacers do fit on the front
ive got mine sitting perfect imo
eibach springs , 12 mm spacers on rear and 10 mm on front

Thanks ginger, I would be right in thinking those spacers are on 18 inch rims. Good to see some photos of how they sit?

last pic is without spacers , just after had springs put on

They look great, now just have to pick brand and then try and get that magic price. Cheers

They look great, now just have to pick brand and then try and get that magic price. Cheers

as far as im aware some brands of 10 mm spacers wont fit the s1 , the 12 mm ones i got from ebay but are really good quality

gnj motorsport take some beating on price and service

Does anyone know about wing mirrors folding option? I don't have this option ,is it a matter of re coding via VCDS because the hardware is already there?

Hello to another Kiwi living in Oz with an S1.

What state are you in? Edit - just saw you are in WA.
You need to check your state laws. Even where permitted the rules generally the wheels cannot go past the outside of the wheel arches.
Spacers are illegal in Queensland (my home state) so I have no experience of them.

The folding wing mirrors require hardware and a fair bit of install work. In the UK the package (including install) is advertised for about £700 - £1000. My car also came without them but I can't justify the cost on retrofitting.

Last edited:
Cheers Bro
If it takes hardware with the mirrors a definite no go for me too.
Just fitted the GFB dv+ yesterday, seems a little more responsive , but definitely a more sturdy design and install was straight forward .
Off to get one of the resonators deleted tomorrow just to get a little more volume.
Thanks for the info.