Stage3 500hp

RedRS3Reilly

Reaction score
I had a goal to reach the 500hp mark!
From a 2.0 litre 4pot I thought it might be a bit of a task but 12 months down the line I'm pleased to say that the car has achieved it. I used Mrc tuning in Banbury to do the custom software.
My shopping list over the last few months to get to where it is:

MRC custom software mapping
Apr dsg map
Apr turbo muffler delete
Gfb dv+
Dte pedalbox
Forge intercooler
Miltek decat
Turbo technics intake pipe
Vw r600 intake
Turbo technics gen2 hybrid turbo

Reactions: S3_RYAN, Bristle Hound, Daveheson and 10 others
From a 2.0 litre 4pot I thought it might be a bit of a task but 12 months down the line I'm pleased to say that the car has achieved it. I used Mrc tuning in Banbury to do the custom software.

Apr dsg map
Apr turbo muffler delete
Gfb dv+
Dte pedalbox
Forge intercooler
Miltek decat
Vw r600 intake

View attachment 102922 View attachment 102923
That's a lot of power mate....Congrats..:respekt:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, SW14NY'S, Scottyg and 2 others
Wow epic work - well done that's mind blowing !!!!!

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and pburv
Wow epic work - well done that's mind blowing !!!!!
Lol...Bet the turbo was blowing some also...Ha Ha...
This thread giving you ideas Rob??

Reactions: S3 Turbo, SW14NY'S, RedRS3Reilly and 1 other person
Lol...Bet the turbo was blowing some also...Ha Ha...
This thread giving you ideas Rob??

LoL 500bhp with 1520 kerb weight will eat supercars for breakfast 0-60. I'm looking to get close to 400bhp so will probably go stage 2 at some point really need the Revo TCU software release though. After the cars second service in March maybe good timing - perhaps get the intercooler done next as that's supposed to benefit stage 1 also.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, MikeParkin, S3 Turbo and 1 other person
LoL 500bhp with 1520 kerb weight will eat supercars for breakfast 0-60. I'm looking to get close to 400bhp so will probably go stage 2 at some point really need the Revo TCU software release though. After the cars second service in March maybe good timing - perhaps get the intercooler done next as that's supposed to benefit stage 1 also.
Apr have a tcu map so do Mrc
I had my car at the drag strip last Sunday when it had 400hp and it left everyone for dust, 400 hp is defo a quick car

Reactions: MikeParkin, Scottyg, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Apr have a tcu map so do Mrc
I had my car at the drag strip last Sunday when it had 400hp and it left everyone for dust, 400 hp is defo a quick car
Unicorn also have the tcu map. I have Apr on mine tho. Should imagine ricks is just as good
Quick question dose the car need the dfb dv?
This is a mod I have been on the fence about.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, pburv and Rob2k68
Excellent work. Can't wait to see a video of this down the strip.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, RedRS3Reilly, pburv and 1 other person
Unicorn also have the tcu map. I have Apr on mine tho. Should imagine ricks is just as good
Quick question dose the car need the dfb dv?
This is a mod I have been on the fence about.
It does on stg3
I didn't bother with it before on stg1 & 2

Reactions: Rob2k68
What down pipe do you have fitted out of internet ? Was de-cat a requirement or are you sport cat ?

Excellent work. Can't wait to see a video of this down the strip.
Next month I'll be at crail raceway so I will post plenty of vids, got a blackvue 2 channel camera in the car so it will be hd videos I can post

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
Well done,and great results.

Torque curve looks nice as well,with good preservation until well up the range.

It does on stg3
I didn't bother with it before on stg1 & 2
Think I will fit one anyhow less to do when stage 3 comes.
Dose the decat make much difference to the sound inside the car?

Really liking these TTE525 power graphs.
Well done!
Looking forward to video.

Can you give us a rough total price from everything you've done. Would be good to give it a go depending on price

The cars handling & ride can't even handle 297bhp....nevermind 500 bhp hopefully your going too sort that out?

I just don't get this need for Speed in a car that's not manufactured for it....

You can never have enough straight line performance...
:redrs4::grinning:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Yeah until the engine and gearbox...blow up....lol

I think you'd be surprised.

Built properly,the old engine is good for up to 700bhp,and whilst no-one has yet tested the new engine to that,the only real reservation is cylinder wall thickness.

The DQ500 from the RS is good for 600lbs....

Handling,ride and braking are,like the engine,doable if you pay attention to the right parts,and,of course,pay the appropriate price...LOL:moneybag:

My point is that much of this can be done,if you choose the parts correctly.

Reactions: MikeParkin, Rob2k68, S3 Turbo and 2 others
Well done! @RedS3Reilly. I'll get there eventually. It's good to see these cars with plenty horses, I'll see how I get on with 400bhp first. Again just keep on adding plenty of info.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and S3 Turbo
I think you'd be surprised.

Built properly,the old engine is good for up to 700bhp,and whilst no-one has yet tested the new engine to that,the only real reservation is cylinder wall thickness.

The DQ500 from the RS is good for 600lbs....

The DQ500 is an immense transmission, far superior (performance perspective) to the new DL382. But there is clear indicators inside the DL382 that show there could be a much higher power version of it at some point.

500hp and you didn't put mahoosive tail pipes on, kudos to you buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3Alex, S3 Turbo and Rob2k68
The DQ500 is an immense transmission, far superior (performance perspective) to the new DL382. But there is clear indicators inside the DL382 that show there could be a much higher power version of it at some point.

Well I've got a lot riding on the DQ500 and it was chosen specifically for what I need next.

The ECU was designed with running a DSG in mind so my fingers and everything else is crossed that my car doesn't put up its usual resistance.

The car returned over 600bhp on setup but the old Milltek was too restrictive to run for any length of time so it's been running "only" 550 for a bit too long now!

Once Syvecs release their ECU for your car you'll have some real development prospects.
That ECU released 60+bhp over the stock ECU on Storms 700bhp TTRS at lower boost so that's something to look out for.

@RedS3Reilly ... Watch that space!

And again,seriously well done.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and Rob2k68
@RedS3Reilly - Great to see someone successfully modding the S3 to this level, hope it stays reliable for you. Looking forward to seeing some videos :)

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, S3Alex and Rob2k68
Fair play to you mind! I'm always nervous about modifying mine, would love for it to have 400 + bhp but I just don't know what strains it's having on other parts that weren't meant to be put under that pressure initially. However if you know what your doing and confident in the parts your buying, it's a awesome project to be working on.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, S3Alex and Rob2k68

Very impressive - well done. Given the dynamics of an S3 I doubt increasing the hp from 300 to 500 will result in a tire smoking monster.

Upload 2016 9 12 13 34 44

Interested to hear about how it drives on the street.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and S3Alex
Impressive figures

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and S3Alex
Welcome to the 500 club Mark :welcoming:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, RedRS3Reilly, S3Alex and 1 other person

Apr dsg map
Apr turbo muffler delete
Gfb dv+
Dte pedalbox
Forge intercooler
Miltek decat
Vw r600 intake

View attachment 102922 View attachment 102923
@RedS3Reilly - Impressive figures mate
Like others on here, looking foreword to the videos

Reactions: S3 Turbo, RedRS3Reilly, pburv and 1 other person
Fair play to you mind! I'm always nervous about modifying mine, would love for it to have 400 + bhp but I just don't know what strains it's having on other parts that weren't meant to be put under that pressure initially. However if you know what your doing and confident in the parts your buying, it's a awesome project to be working on.
Yes I agree, there's always a risk when modifying but there's been quite a few 500hp cars now that have been proven to be reliable, I think putting any more through the stock internals wouldn't be a good idea

Reactions: j0nny2013, S3 Turbo and S3Alex

Thankyou, yes I'm just using the stock back box, linked up to a miltek decat downpipe

Yes I agree, there's always a risk when modifying but there's been quite a few 500hp cars now that have been proven to be reliable, I think putting any more through the stock internals wouldn't be a good idea

Torque is the real problem.

Most,if not all of the ones I'm aware of aren't using massive turbos,and no-one has Syvecs yet,and both of those add a bag load of torque compared to the hybrids currently available.
WMI would also add to that....

If you're running up to 500ish bhp but "only" 450lbs,there is no reason from past experience why that shouldn't be reasonably safe long term,with a good smooth map to avoid torque spikes.

The other thing is being the first to do something!.....that always carries a big risk.

Reactions: S3 Turbo and RedRS3Reilly
Thankyou, yes I'm just using the stock back box, linked up to a miltek decat downpipe

Take a trip to BCS....Nige and Dave could make you a serious set of pipes....nothing showy,but plenty of flow.

Torque is the real problem.

Most,if not all of the ones I'm aware of aren't using massive turbos,and no-one has Syvecs yet,and both of those add a bag load of torque compared to the hybrids currently available.
WMI would also add to that....

If you're running up to 500ish bhp but "only" 450lbs,there is no reason from past experience why that shouldn't be reasonably safe long term,with a good smooth map to avoid torque spikes.

The other thing is being the first to do something!.....that always carries a big risk.
Yes i agree, always pushing boundaries though
Mine is at 643 nm which is about 475ft lbs

Reactions: S3Alex and Rob2k68
There's a 0-60mph on Instagram by dougatmrc

Yes i agree, always pushing boundaries though
Mine is at 643 nm which is about 475ft lbs

I can appreciate that.... The old engine would reliably run 450lbs day in,day out and I stopped there before a full rebuild as no one else had tried for more.

I'm sure the map and how that is delivered is at least as important in not bending anything but thankfully I never had to find out.

Each time the engine had been in bits all of the parts were within OEM tolerances so the original parts are pretty good.

If/when the Syvecs is available I wouldn't try that on stock parts!

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly and Rob2k68
@RedS3Reilly Very impressive. I'm only at Stage 1 but your development has been really encouraging. Can't wait to see your vids from Crail :)

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly