Stage2+ complete . BIG THANKS TO R-TECH

Jonni

Reaction score
So after the last few mods ive had done it was off to R-tech to get Stage2+ remapping done to my car.
As I have said before in other posts I will not go anywhere else for a remap other than R-tech

So after a quick 30minute drive I was there as I stayed down there after having my exhaust fitted. Upon arrival I was greeted by HAPPY as ever Nick and Ben . So after we got the important stuff out the way ( CUPPA TEA ) it was on to the rollers. Stage one I was running 302BHP. After my first run with no mapping and just the recent mods. Which where AMD intake , THS front mount intercooler , LOBA fuel pump and BCS turbo back exhaust I was running 321bhp. Was happy that I was getting some extra ponies after doing all them mods.

So after that it was time to get the STAGE 2+ software on my car. Nick was also gunna remap the DSG box to offer faster shifting , no kick down in manual and 4000rpm LAUNCH CONTROL. The results are as follows . The car made 365bhp and 386 FT LB. The car feels totally like a new car now. It picks up so well and it is so smooth all through the gears.

As I have said for the last 5 years these guys are AMAZING when it comes to remapping and there customer service is absoultey outstanding. Thanks Nick and Ben really happy with the results and once again an amazing service

All comments welcome

Reactions: sliced
All spot on.

What does he charge for the DSG software out of interest? PM if necessary..

Very impressive dyno results :icon_thumright: Nikki does seem to eek out good figures

Yep I'm v happy with the figures . This is the way it shud have left the factory lol

Nick is a really knowledgeable guy with these engines. Mine made 353bhp / 400ft/lb. Its amazing how quick it is! How you finding the DSG map. Launch control is amazing lol

Yerh loving the launch control. The map is so smooth aswell

Silly question probably, but why is it on a 2 wheel rolling road? I've had mine on the rollers recently but am not making the power that was expected so I am scratching my head at the minute, although the power delivery is still amazing

Silly question probably, but why is it on a 2 wheel rolling road? I've had mine on the rollers recently but am not making the power that was expected so I am scratching my head at the minute, although the power delivery is still amazing

They remove the "fuse" from the Haldex unit and so there is no drive to the rear axle. In this way a 4WD car can sit on 2WD rollers.

Jonny,
I was at R-Tech about 6 weeks ago having the treatment on our Mk IV GTI 1.8T and I mentioned that I had a 2007 S3. The chaps were keen to get me to bring it in for a live map but I was worried that the front splitter would touch the rollers as the front wheels are let down onto the rollers before the action starts. Whilst your car is the facelift model was there any chance that the front end hit anything as it was going onto the ramp or rollers either before or after the mapping? I do not even want the underside crunched!!
Thanks,
Peter

They remove the "fuse" from the Haldex unit and so there is no drive to the rear axle. In this way a 4WD car can sit on 2WD rollers.

Jonny,
I was at R-Tech about 6 weeks ago having the treatment on our Mk IV GTI 1.8T and I mentioned that I had a 2007 S3. The chaps were keen to get me to bring it in for a live map but I was worried that the front splitter would touch the rollers as the front wheels are let down onto the rollers before the action starts. Whilst your car is the facelift model was there any chance that the front end hit anything as it was going onto the ramp or rollers either before or after the mapping? I do not even want the underside crunched!!
Thanks,
Peter

I understand how they turn it into 2 wheel drive, I was just wondering why? Is it because the power readout would be different for some reason, or is it just because there aren't many 4 wheel rolling roads about? Cheers.

You can sometimes get strange readings from a 4WD dyno as the Haldex system struggles to decide where to send drive to. Also as its not permanent 4WD it can cause damage to the Haldex, so I've read. I'm sure APR do all there mapping and calibrations in 2WD mode.

Your car won't touch if its on standard springs, mines on coilovers and I lifted them right up but it was still lower than standard and mine never hit.

You can sometimes get strange readings from a 4WD dyno as the Haldex system struggles to decide where to send drive to. Also as its not permanent 4WD it can cause damage to the Haldex, so I've read. I'm sure APR do all there mapping and calibrations in 2WD mode.

Your car won't touch if its on standard springs, mines on coilovers and I lifted them right up but it was still lower than standard and mine never hit.

Thanks for the info, I will have to look into that more tomorrow. I hope it is a way forward because my car has been checked over extensively since the upgrades and we've come up empty, it is performing brilliantly on the road, so was surprised when the figures weren't what we expected.

Thanks for the info, I will have to look into that more tomorrow. I hope it is a way forward because my car has been checked over extensively since the upgrades and we've come up empty, it is performing brilliantly on the road, so was surprised when the figures weren't what we expected.

I wouldn't worry too much about dyno results, you'll get a different result on another dyno. For example I had my old Evo on 3 different dynos, there was a 40 bhp and 50 lbft difference between the dyno results.

I wouldn't worry too much about dyno results, you'll get a different result on another dyno. For example I had my old Evo on 3 different dynos, there was a 40 bhp and 50 lbft difference between the dyno results.

I agree in principle however I do want a printout of my cars performance and I want to confirm that it is doing what Revo is saying it will do. I'm not number chasing but I have invested a lot of money into it and it only recorded 331Bhp with Stage 2+ which I found to be much lower than the advertised figures, If it is because the car is confused on a 4wd rolling road I'm surprised that they didn't know that. But not that surprised lol.

I honestly wouldn't worry try another dyno and I'll bet you'll get a different result, especially with the weather getting colder.

I agree in principle however I do want a printout of my cars performance and I want to confirm that it is doing what Revo is saying it will do. I'm not number chasing but I have invested a lot of money into it and it only recorded 331Bhp with Stage 2+ which I found to be much lower than the advertised figures, If it is because the car is confused on a 4wd rolling road I'm surprised that they didn't know that. But not that surprised lol.

Try not to worry too much about figures but I was the same mine still only make 353bhp I wanted 370+ but now realise with 400ft/lb of torque that makes up for the missing hp lol

What year is your car?

Try not to worry too much about figures but I was the same mine still only make 353bhp I wanted 370+ but now realise with 400ft/lb of torque that makes up for the missing hp lol

What year is your car?

2011 with 13000 miles. Mine only achieved just over 300 ft/lb of torque so it did seem under performing in all aspects!

Bet your loving it now!! Makes such a difference. I went from stock straight to 2+ when i had my S3. That was a good day :)

2011 with 13000 miles. Mine only achieved just over 300 ft/lb of torque so it did seem under performing in all aspects!

That is quite low. Have you still got the standard intercooler? If you ask revo they'll probably tell you it's fine but it will have plastic end tanks, not like the earlier S3's with all aluminium intercoolers. They don cool as well and the don't flow as well as either the all aluminium or a aftermarket one.

What intake are you running?

Also has it been set up properly? With a SPS, by the tuner who installed it as I know that's the best way to get results from revo

That is quite low. Have you still got the standard intercooler? If you ask revo they'll probably tell you it's fine but it will have plastic end tanks, not like the earlier S3's with all aluminium intercoolers. They don cool as well and the don't flow as well as either the all aluminium or a aftermarket one.

What intake are you running?

Also has it been set up properly? With a SPS, by the tuner who installed it as I know that's the best way to get results from revo

I have the pro alloy intercooler + integrated throttle charge pipe, Revo cold air intake + all the other goodies required (It's all listed in my garage) so don't know what's going on. The road performance seems exceptional, which leads me to think the haldex pump gets confused on a 4 wheel Dyno, but not sure. The guys @ bespoke performance are looking in to that so will hopefully find a way forward soon.

You've got really good hardware so that can't be the problem! I'd say its to do with the dyno. If they run it in 2wd make sure they disconnect the Haldex plug on top of the Haldex, to the right (if stood on the passenger side looking at the propshaft from that side has to be done on a ramp for easy access) rather than just the fuse as this can cause trouble also. They will probably know this though.

I agree, so will have to arrange the Dyno run soon, thanks for the tips, the last thing I want is for it to go tits up after all this hassle lol. Will keep you informed on the outcome. Cheers pal

Nice one, I'm interested to know the results so make sure you let us all know.

Just to throw a small spanner into the works, i had my car Dyno'ed at the weekend on a 4WD rolling road and it made just over 280BHP with 296Ftlbs of torque.. totally standard.
Haldex system didn't flinch, the tuner i went to used to have a stage 2+ Revo S3 stronic and made no comment about the haldex system playing up using his Dyno...

That's just it, for some people a 4WD dyno is spot on. I think it must have something to do with the dyno/ operator. But with adz having the trouble he is I'd say its part of the reason, I'd like to think that wen he has it dyno'd in 2WD (or a different dyno) he will see really good numbers.

I'm sure it's APR and GIAC that always have the argument about this, one runs in 2WD the yet in 4WD. Both great companies but with very different views, if I remember right it's APR that say to do it in 2WD so not to damage the Haldex system.

I bet that is a nice drive now. My friend in the Golf community swears by R-Tech and it's where I'll be booking my car in once it is serviced.

Aye its a total diff car now.

Don't no what boost I'm running low no gauge