Stage Three Build

Reaction score
I’m currently waiting for my car to arrive, build week 23. My plan is to drop the car off to Awesome GTi on collection day to handle my stage three build. Trying to gather as much knowledge as I can before selecting exactly what I’m going to go for in the build. So any information big small would be grateful, if you could just list what your ideal hardware would be for the build & why if possible. No worries if you can’t be bothered to explain I will look it up. Just trying to determine what the best hardware would be.

Main hardware components I want to know are listed below. Obviously add anything in you think I have missed. My knowledge is not great on modifying so bear with me

Turbo
Intake
Intercooler
Exhaust
Wheel choice & size
Tire choice & size
Breaks
Suspension choices, springs or coilovers

Styling, front splitter, diffuser, side skirts

Thank you in advance

You dont wanna drive it for at least a month to make sure its not a faulty car in some way?

You got balls instantly voiding your powertrain warranty like that.

Reactions: JonnyS3
You dont wanna drive it for at least a month to make sure its not a faulty car in some way?

You got balls instantly voiding your powertrain warranty like that.
I’m going to roll the dice on that one, should be fine be my 4th car from new. 3rd Audi sport model they all been fine so far

Depending on who’s mapping the car will determine which turbo you can run.

Admire the stones to the wall approach going stage 3 off the bat.

Have you had a chat with awesome yet? They have made great strides with their (I presumed Apr mapped) hybrid tte 700 stage 3 ttrs. Tbh I'd start off being guided by what they recommend has worked well for them if they are handling the build for you - I used them ages ago and found them (awesome) very helpful. There are not many people objective about the component choices for stage 3 aside (I would guess) from the shops that may have fitted a few different bits or had their own build - even then you may get a bit of a conflict of interests if they have a preferred supplier. Personally, I'd still rather have a shop fit bits they know than bits they don't...

Or pick up the phone to MRC for the same.

Iroz motorsports in the USA is pushing some big performance from big turbos if you want to import.

Then take your time with the wheel and tyre choices and cosmetics. Although I love the idea of stage 3 with bone stock body. Maybe when my warranty is up...

I'd love to see a build thread when you bring it all together.

And have a look here:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/latest-mod-to-my-rs3-8v-2.385151/#post-3404188

Last edited:
Admire the stones to the wall approach going stage 3 off the bat.

Have you had a chat with awesome yet? They have made great strides with their (I presumed Apr mapped) hybrid tte 700 stage 3 ttrs. Tbh I'd start off being guided by what they recommend has worked well for them if they are handling the build for you - I used them ages ago and found them (awesome) very helpful. There are not many people objective about the component choices for stage 3 aside (I would guess) from the shops that may have fitted a few different bits or had their own build - even then you may get a bit of a conflict of interests if they have a preferred supplier. Personally, I'd still rather have a shop fit bits they know than bits they don't...

Or pick up the phone to MRC for the same.

Iroz motorsports in the USA is pushing some big performance from big turbos if you want to import.

Then take your time with the wheel and tyre choices and cosmetics. Although I love the idea of stage 3 with bone stock body. Maybe when my warranty is up...

I'd love to see a build thread when you bring it all together.

And have a look here:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/latest-mod-to-my-rs3-8v-2.385151/#post-3404188

Thank for the reply, if you have Instagram the page for the car is M27JOR will be updating that for now, as it’s easier. Then will do a more detailed play by play. Have talked to awesome GTi quite extensively & Iroz motorsports. I was really liking the idea of the big turbo set up, but I think the lack of support being over here could turn into a real issue if I had problems or wanted things changed. Have not talked to MRC unfortunately most the people I know have had bad experiences with them so staying away from them. Not to say they are a bad tuner, customer service is just lacking from what they have experience.

Depending on who’s mapping the car will determine which turbo you can run.
I would like to imagine they will put whatever turbo. I want on the car as I’m paying for it. But I think TTE700 will be the turbo used

Thank for the reply, if you have Instagram the page for the car is M27JOR will be updating that for now, as it’s easier. Then will do a more detailed play by play. Have talked to awesome GTi quite extensively & Iroz motorsports. I was really liking the idea of the big turbo set up, but I think the lack of support being over here could turn into a real issue if I had problems or wanted things changed. Have not talked to MRC unfortunately most the people I know have had bad experiences with them so staying away from them. Not to say they are a bad tuner, customer service is just lacking from what they have experience.

No worries, I'm sorry I wasn't more use as it seems you have the bases covered. I think awesome are using APR for mapping the tte700 are they?
I'd love to do a build like this, so will be following with interest - I'm not too far out from awesome gti either so would be good to get a feel for how they bring things together for you. Are you planning on keeping stock engine internals and clutch packs with dsg remap?

You will probably need to factor in a set of upgraded, secondary injectors as this seems to be fairly standard on a TTE700 build.

Shouldn’t you be running it an at least? :/
I have never run any of my cars in, surely modern engines don’t need running. They must come ready from the factory, all my cars have been fine anyway

Reactions: AudiNutta
No worries, I'm sorry I wasn't more use as it seems you have the bases covered. I think awesome are using APR for mapping the tte700 are they?
I'd love to do a build like this, so will be following with interest - I'm not too far out from awesome gti either so would be good to get a feel for how they bring things together for you. Are you planning on keeping stock engine internals and clutch packs with dsg remap?
Yeah far as I know it be bolt on hardware mainly, yeah for sure I’ll post the date I’m booked in for & just get in contact more then happy to meet other owners

You will probably need to factor in a set of upgraded, secondary injectors as this seems to be fairly standard on a TTE700 build.
Yeah injectors will be changed far as I know, not sure what too but I remember seeing TTE recommend a certain one

I would like to imagine they will put whatever turbo. I want on the car as I’m paying for it. But I think TTE700 will be the turbo used
Yes unless you go with APR which is all awesome deal with so they will prob only have the map for the tte700.

Yes unless you go with APR which is all awesome deal with so they will prob only have the map for the tte700.
I see, would there be another turbo you could recommend that I could look in too. That has not been mentioned

I see, would there be another turbo you could recommend that I could look in too. That has not been mentioned
Not really unless you go iroz motorsport big turbo, I’m waiting to see if APR are going to bring out mapping for something bigger

Got message from the sales guy this morning saying the car has been built, took 7 days & is on its way.

Reactions: FBF01
Few updates on the build, the car is finally on its way. Hopefully arrive early July in which case I will just take it then. Have ordered & received my TTRS steering wheel
59461864cbc3078a051d16b94a801914.jpg

Some custom RS mats for the front, back & boot from Auto Style. Should be here start of next week & will look like this
d2e7a2498f0c6fba6ea475af7d6e2780.jpg

Black AUDI rings directly from Audi through my local dealership
3460f189a63a4305d0e0b7e010421424.jpg

f00ba94ce262bbb8b750597094e8bf1e.jpg

I have also ordered some new wheels, same fitment as the staggered setup O•Z Ultraleggera hlt. I had some centre lock caps made, that look beautiful. I think once they are on the car with the wheels & the white AP racing calipers it’s going to be something else. Got my rubber ready to go on as well. Caps & wheels are on their way in the post. I will upload more photos if anyone wants to see them
60cf8290b0da2b09517b96866dc40b60.jpg

2c6ee84b0aebdd0d377607120aad3ccf.jpg

b8d37ca4d94fe7ff401360d489e045c1.jpg

I have also order a Horsch Carbon front splitter v2 & side skirts v2, that should really set the car apart, not seen many over here with that kit on, should look like this but with better wheels
18d0895fb4538b8ba0e667120b0e22d9.jpg

Last thing I order was the start never stop keyring
4a7f5480ce34d97e5fef815656ff59fc.jpg

Next on my list is the handling MSS springs or KW, as I want to keep the ability to adjust the softness through the magnetic ride. I will also get a anti roll bar as well. I’m currently waiting for Awesome GTi to get back to me with what’s available for my car because as it turns out with the new filter nothing at the moment is available. Think they said the APR intercooler & maybe the intake. Eventuri is working on a revised version that is compatible with the new filter, hopefully that will be out when the car comes as I really like that one. Was really hoping to get the exhaust sorted straight away but looks like I’ll be waiting a little longer for that. More time to research I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Np1389, Jefecito, D0C and 1 other person
Looking forward to see how this build develops. I’ve just fitted the ps4, 255/30 all round, Great upgrade.

Reactions: Jermaine
Looking forward to see how this build develops. I’ve just fitted the ps4, 255/30 all round, Great upgrade.

I'm also interested as to how you're finding these. Are you running stock staggerd setup on stock ridehight/suspension? Any traction control or clearance issues?

How are you finding them, I was told to go 245/35 all round.

I haven’t had a Good drive on them yet, the first thing I’ve noticed is that steering response is much sharper and they ride a bit better on bumps.

The 245/35 are a good option as they are more commonly available and cheaper, and also they have a wider tread than the p zero 255. I just wanted a fatter look and max contact patch with the 255s.

I'm also interested as to how you're finding these. Are you running stock staggerd setup on stock ridehight/suspension? Any traction control or clearance issues?

I’m running the stock 8.5” wheels front and back. I just bought 2 used 8.5 “ wheels.
The Michelin 255s would probably be better on 9” wheels as there is a little bulge on the 8.5”, but not too squirmy so all good. Steering feel is much sharper.
No traction control or clearance issues. I have lower springs about 15mm drop front and 10mm rear.

Reactions: JWAM
Quick update guys the car arrived at the dealership today, Bristol Audi. Fitted my O•Z wheels & Michelin tyres. When I left they was removing the interior to fit the dash cams. Topaz detailing are picking it up tomorrow to fit the PPF & ceramic coating. Should be back at the dealer for next week Friday, ready for Collection. Starting to get a little excited now, car looks way better in person then I was expecting. I’ll post a little preview of what the wheels will look like when they finish as well

d93066a737614b0ae36721a47c922415.jpg
f2d67b8e58730e2be8dd90e25384933a.jpg
41a8fa71c205f538687198d14eda57b3.jpg
77baecd94d081b1884500b05597c2314.jpg
c4a8fe92c2f2ee618c690395992afa24.jpg
d27054fa735b7825f48b6177f5de040b.jpg
2263b9e225c9f417ef7396e6fa49eab4.jpg
29c6206cf8152c0655f0916320e17853.jpg
a68cc1f7c55b93a8d20746b6c3cc4086.jpg
34d4107eac664042858885c33d969bb6.jpg
da8d64209fccc9ae5f32e4bc92e57b1f.jpg
2ead9ad53f8d08e8a2a0465473fb5297.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta and Callum66
Stunning car what you doing with the stock wheels they for sale ?

Stunning car what you doing with the stock wheels they for sale ?

Thank you, it’s really starting to come to get now

Nothing planned, would sell them if it was a decent price. If not I’ll just keep them & put them back on if I change car or feel like a change. Forget to post the photo of the wheels as well

90311a0c78a5fdcf1e4f4f828758ee9d.jpg
d91860bf40ec2901af15f4126bf812a9.jpg
a7303b7e0d13d9ebc81c88ad72c004f7.jpg

Reactions: Dan_DJT, JWAM, FBF01 and 1 other person
Those wheels with the centre caps... sweeeet!

Looks good

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick update guys the car arrived at the dealership today, Bristol Audi. Fitted my O•Z wheels & Michelin tyres. When I left they was removing the interior to fit the dash cams. Topaz detailing are picking it up tomorrow to fit the PPF & ceramic coating. Should be back at the dealer for next week Friday, ready for Collection. Starting to get a little excited now, car looks way better in person then I was expecting. I’ll post a little preview of what the wheels will look like when they finish as well

d93066a737614b0ae36721a47c922415.jpg
f2d67b8e58730e2be8dd90e25384933a.jpg
41a8fa71c205f538687198d14eda57b3.jpg
77baecd94d081b1884500b05597c2314.jpg
c4a8fe92c2f2ee618c690395992afa24.jpg
d27054fa735b7825f48b6177f5de040b.jpg
2263b9e225c9f417ef7396e6fa49eab4.jpg
29c6206cf8152c0655f0916320e17853.jpg
a68cc1f7c55b93a8d20746b6c3cc4086.jpg
34d4107eac664042858885c33d969bb6.jpg
da8d64209fccc9ae5f32e4bc92e57b1f.jpg
2ead9ad53f8d08e8a2a0465473fb5297.jpg

You’ve always got Bristol looking after you really well!! Is all of that being done FOC?

I need a good dealer with a good sensibly minded tech :( Can’t trust any of them tbh.

You’ve always got Bristol looking after you really well!! Is all of that being done FOC?

I need a good dealer with a good sensibly minded tech :( Can’t trust any of them tbh.

Yeah free of charge, my guys down there are the real deal. Hoping my front splitter & side skirts come in time so they can install those as well. Car got picked up yesterday by Topaz detailing, apparently the best in the world. Getting full front PPF, side skirts, rear arches & ceramic coating the lot after. Got a video of it leaving hopefully back Thursday next week, I’m going over to check out their facilities on Wednesday

My Instagram is M27JOR if anyone wants to see more update, like that video of it being picked up

Yeah free of charge, my guys down there are the real deal. Hoping my front splitter & side skirts come in time so they can install those as well. Car got picked up yesterday by Topaz detailing, apparently the best in the world. Getting full front PPF, side skirts, rear arches & ceramic coating the lot after. Got a video of it leaving hopefully back Thursday next week, I’m going over to check out their facilities on Wednesday

My Instagram is M27JOR if anyone wants to see more update, like that video of it being picked up

That’s unreal, wish I had a service department like that :/ Do you just have a good contact with sales or service as well? Fed up of the battle on the enthusiast, it’s exhausting.

Reep Midlands installed my PPF, I only found out about Topaz Bristol because of you.. had no idea they had one there must be new, might go one day for a look around if they’re ok with that? I have followed Topaz London for some time and it’s all proper. Reep Midlands are amazing as well can’t fault it, they use Llumar PPF though whereas I believe Topaz use Xpel?

Already following your Insta ;) Loving the delivery content already.

That’s unreal, wish I had a service department like that :/ Do you just have a good contact with sales or service as well? Fed up of the battle on the enthusiast, it’s exhausting.

Reep Midlands installed my PPF, I only found out about Topaz Bristol because of you.. had no idea they had one there must be new, might go one day for a look around if they’re ok with that? I have followed Topaz London for some time and it’s all proper. Reep Midlands are amazing as well can’t fault it, they use Llumar PPF though whereas I believe Topaz use Xpel?

Already following your Insta ;) Loving the delivery content already.

Thanks man appreciate the support, yeah bought two previous cars from them S3 & RS3 both new. So guess a combination of knowing a sales guy, the guy who the sales guy goes to talk to in the room about the numbers (can’t remember his job title) & one of the technicians as well. But it’s my sales guy that sorts it all out really, can message or call him 24/7 as well yeah I think Topaz Bristol is a new branch. I got a friend that did his training at there London branch, told me they the best & seeing as they are in Bristol just went with them. Plus I got a really good deal 3k plus of work for 2.5k.

I’m not sure what PPF they use but I was told the finishes is unreal & there quality control is out of this world. Plus if you look on there page it’s like they only do supercars. Greg is the manager at the Bristol one I’m hoping to meet him Wednesday lunchtime when I go see there facilities & my car before they drop it back to Audi. They are putting on all the black badges & number plates as well

Main hardware components I want to know are listed below. Obviously add anything in you think I have missed. My knowledge is not great on modifying so bear with me

Turbo
Intake
Intercooler
Exhaust
Wheel choice & size
Tire choice & size
Breaks
Suspension choices, springs or coilovers

Styling, front splitter, diffuser, side skirts

Thank you in advance

What do you want to achieve from it? Track, fast road, daily driver? Where you go with brakes and suspension would determine the best choices. I'll give some thoughts on my experience with my '18 TTRS. Bit more info @ross_ott

I can't comment on styling as I'm in a black TTRS where everything is kinda hidden, so other than wheels it's all OEM. Love your wheels, and PS4S are awesome.

If you want to go hybrid, that says ~650hp on 99RON so you are looking at TTE700 or IMS710H in my opinion. I've seen performance figures on the upcoming Unitronic Stg3 tune for TTE700 and it's ridiculous fast. I would be a bit hesitant with some of the figures at 800nm+ that I've seen on tuners posts without forged rods. You absolutely want a DSG map, it really improves the driving experience, and you'll kill clutch packs without it.

For all the money invested, you want the most out of it, so intake/intercooler/exhaust shouldn't be compromised. Personally I wanted a sport-catted option that didn't introduce much extra noise for Daily Driving and went with Integrated Engineering. Likewise, they have the best intake currently available for the platform, and my logs stack up to the claims. I fitted the regular Forge intercooler but they do have a larger one recommended for Hybrid options, on request.

I'm very pleased with the MSS Track Pack for suspension - retaining MagRide was important and I wanted to lower it about 20mm for an even arch-gap - if wasn't a Daily car I would probably have gone coil overs. You definitely want some other supporting mods, for instance don't bother with that much power without fitting Dogbone mount inserts and probably change the pendulum mount too. I fitted subframe inserts and plan to fit trailing arms - just about getting as much direct feel out of it without introducing any extra NVH.

Stock brakes are fine for even some extended bursts of fast-road driving, but the pads will start to scream a bit after 10-15 mins. I'll upgrade pads at some point and replace with aftermarket discs, but not rush on that right now (I say that now).

I actually upgraded Injectors so I could run the E85 tune, a bit excessive for a few tanks a year lol but I don't regret it. It is unreal. The Uni injector kit at $500 is Bosch EV14s, 1000cc I suspect but not certain. It supports their upcoming hybrid options, I know that much.

There are other options decent options that will meet your requirements of course, that's just my experience. I have Unitronic Stage2 tunes as I wanted the flash@home options, been very happy, but it is off-the-shelf vs custom.

Enjoy the car!

What do you want to achieve from it? Track, fast road, daily driver? Where you go with brakes and suspension would determine the best choices. I'll give some thoughts on my experience with my '18 TTRS. Bit more info @ross_ott

I can't comment on styling as I'm in a black TTRS where everything is kinda hidden, so other than wheels it's all OEM. Love your wheels, and PS4S are awesome.

If you want to go hybrid, that says ~650hp on 99RON so you are looking at TTE700 or IMS710H in my opinion. I've seen performance figures on the upcoming Unitronic Stg3 tune for TTE700 and it's ridiculous fast. I would be a bit hesitant with some of the figures at 800nm+ that I've seen on tuners posts without forged rods. You absolutely want a DSG map, it really improves the driving experience, and you'll kill clutch packs without it.

For all the money invested, you want the most out of it, so intake/intercooler/exhaust shouldn't be compromised. Personally I wanted a sport-catted option that didn't introduce much extra noise for Daily Driving and went with Integrated Engineering. Likewise, they have the best intake currently available for the platform, and my logs stack up to the claims. I fitted the regular Forge intercooler but they do have a larger one recommended for Hybrid options, on request.

I'm very pleased with the MSS Track Pack for suspension - retaining MagRide was important and I wanted to lower it about 20mm for an even arch-gap - if wasn't a Daily car I would probably have gone coil overs. You definitely want some other supporting mods, for instance don't bother with that much power without fitting Dogbone mount inserts and probably change the pendulum mount too. I fitted subframe inserts and plan to fit trailing arms - just about getting as much direct feel out of it without introducing any extra NVH.

Stock brakes are fine for even some extended bursts of fast-road driving, but the pads will start to scream a bit after 10-15 mins. I'll upgrade pads at some point and replace with aftermarket discs, but not rush on that right now (I say that now).

I actually upgraded Injectors so I could run the E85 tune, a bit excessive for a few tanks a year lol but I don't regret it. It is unreal. The Uni injector kit at $500 is Bosch EV14s, 1000cc I suspect but not certain. It supports their upcoming hybrid options, I know that much.

There are other options decent options that will meet your requirements of course, that's just my experience. I have Unitronic Stage2 tunes as I wanted the flash@home options, been very happy, but it is off-the-shelf vs custom.

Enjoy the car!

First of all thank you for the detailed response, that’s exactly what I was looking for

I’m not to sure what I really want but reliability is definitely above everything

I think it will be hybrid turbo for sure TTE700, I have talked to the Iroz guys got prices for a few kits. But after thinking about it realistically, if something goes wrong I want to be able to talk to someone face to face. Don’t want to be going back & forth to resolve simple things or more complex things. Awesome GTi/APR seem to be giving me the best vibe at the moment & most of my friends & people I know have used them. Service seems exceptional from them.

In terms of hardware I’ll just go with what they recommend, keeping in mind what is getting the best results, as I know there have a lot of there own hardware & software.

I will be going for the MMS springs as I want to keep the functionality in my drive select, just looking in to getting the orange bits powder coated white, along with the ARB. The other bits you mention in regards to suspension & handling of the car. I have not got to looking in to yet but will.

Brakes are being done straight away, was going to wait to they was done to post but I’ll give you a sneak preview, of what the caliper it will look like. AP racing 6 piston World Radi-CAL 2 Calipers front, AP 4 piston world Radi-CAL 2 Calipers rear & R8 external electronic parking brake. Should look & be the business
3f43ca32c4d8bdf75b11fc5eaaa7942f.jpg

Reactions: JWAM
Well I don't think there is any worry about the level of hardware you'll fit, that caliper/disc set-up is as good as it gets on this platform and certainly capable of heavy track action, should you need it.

Few photos from Topaz today. PPF is on really amazing job, if I didn’t tell you what to look for you wouldn’t be able to notice it at all. It’s really close to the edges, I can only tell because they told me where to look to see it. Ceramic coating is still to go on, then they will drop it back to Audi later today ready for collection Friday

I have a video on my Instagram that shows it a lot better

https://instagram.com/m27jor?igshid=1kw6w5rh6o4hf

26b5f8c425187db0db4d9b8fc7a71345.jpg
93c2b691b289d869525b8235050545c3.jpg
2ce3ce394d2509c8d27cf60f33adc41d.jpg
5d719276d0e7d7ed1f48b2320c33865a.jpg
1cefc8f02a119c03120ea5eaf93edf20.jpg
2b3ef0257a5a2b3b3b4143e79656a63a.jpg

Reactions: FBF01
Had the car PPF & ceramic coated by Topaz Detailing in Bristol. The service was phenomenal, no attention to detail was missed. Arranged everything by email with Greg (GM) who talked me through the whole process & everything they offered. Car was picked up from Audi & returned for collection a week later. The finish of the PPF is amazing you can’t tell it’s on there at all. They also talked me through the after-care process to keep it looking fresh & provided a booklet with everything I need. The tour of the facilities & meeting the team was much appreciated as well. Really makes you understand & appreciate the work that goes into the process.

They also provided some photos of the work being done, change over all of my badges to black ones, quattro logo on the front to white, protected my interior, protected the wheels, provided a booklet of the Topaz way to wash the car with 14 steps & 14 different products for each. I also have a complimentary wash in 4-6 weeks to inspect the PPF & ceramic coating to ensure it has settled & cured properly. Bit on the pricey side but would highly recommend these guys. The service is out of this world
fb3f9e9154cd19829ab1aee52ec84d6d.jpg
f852220788350d0016e8e87354fe4684.jpg
940c2306bdfdda77de8efb77a9817b56.jpg
82f0de2cdd16c454d0dcc71272d0bc72.jpg

Reactions: Phil3, hawesy25, Dan_DJT and 1 other person
Update on what’s been happening, first of all I bent one of my wheels after two days of having the car, obviously contacted O•Z who told me it was not covered understandably. So will have to go down the route of claiming from the council, when I get time. Went over a dip in the road would not say it was a full on pot hole, still should not have happen so easily. Went to ordered a replacement wheel & notice the company that supplied them originally had given me the wrong ETA. So my centre locks I had made don’t sit as nicely as they should. I never noticed in the beginning, so not really a big deal. After realising this I just ended up ordering two new front wheels instead of the one with the right ET. You should be able to see the difference from the two pictures.

d39293d2e6e78adb4878f753c2d13b80.jpg
7c51c88b35a2813fc615ce08d5433630.jpg
7a76d093523f91a363a4cfd343d026ee.jpg
730760036a42c4bd325f47e3857f4c64.jpg
97bbb791915243c1b08a82b66905b060.jpg
819a4f34d899c7952376ccaf70cdd716.jpg
d5b8f2115abf26af3f0b92916be3d759.jpg

My thoughts on the car so far (facelift OPF) definitely quieter then my pre-facelift. No crackles, pops or bangs, all of the fun stuff in my eyes gone. The car by no means sounds terrible, it’s still a great sounding car with lots of character. I just miss all the excitement on the over run. Handling definite improvement, having lighter wheels is helping as well, but the car feels more agile for sure. When I had to put the original wheels back on it did not feel as agile & nimble in the corners but more than capable. Looking forward to having the lighter brakes on as well, along with the springs & anti-rollbar. Car seems to change gear when I want it to in automatic or manual doesn’t really matter, have no complaints there.

Think I drove around with it standard for about a week maybe two, then I got the APR stage one. Just by coincidence it came out just after picking up the car, would have been rude not to get it. First things I noticed, the rev limiter had been raised, the car was way more responsive & felt quicker. I was not really getting that push you back in your seat feeling when the car was standard, I’m getting more of that feeling now. It’s not fully there yet but I’m on the right track, hopefully stage two will give me that feeling. After driving the car for a few weeks more I was able to really have a play. It’s a definite improvement over standard the way it picks up speed now just puts smiles on my face. I think in standard form the car was definitely capable, just didn’t feel as special especially without all the excitement from the exhaust. I really have to make sure there is nothing in front of me because when I put my foot down it’s almost a instant response. The first few gears are really long as well.

My replacement wheels from O•Z finally turned up after a few weeks, in that time I had also received my Horsch v2 front splitter & side skirts. This company is based in Australia & the work they do is phenomenal. At first I thought it was a bit pricey after seeing the offerings from manufacturers we can easily get over here. But after doing a little research, I could see what they produced was of a far better build quality. It came flat packed in a custom wooden case secured by nuts & bolts inside. They provided everything to fit it, including instructions, only thing they should have said is to use somewhere with a two post ramp as it makes the job easier. Did the front splitter first, instantly gave the car a more aggressive look but subtle. Then the side skirts a few days later once I found somewhere with a two post ramp. Really transform the car as you will see from the photos. There is a little gap on the side skirts where there is a washer between the bottom of the car & the skirt. I Believe this is to drain the excess water when it’s raining or dying, nice little touch. The fit of the front splitter is amazing, seems really solid as well.

8a7a4691e5b349807d23398c10640304.jpg
8edf9eb1cfa35b05ded9bd243e46772c.jpg
6c0b209e09b1c7e3b5ed01668193e838.jpg
ef8d8652f56b0e0971ec5d7a28b4ec3f.jpg
9a365999d9dada710e7e58ef21f808f8.jpg
3dcf71e3988f80f526c691917eb3d92e.jpg
27ef0ebc2092ee5835ee7c3562573d0a.jpg
5d2fbd4d8c3489970599d29ae8a92935.jpg
425132b06169559dfaefeb7ddf3964e8.jpg
6743070b811409aee72795345e493c91.jpg
a2ae2526d206a145b32db81254f5f4e8.jpg
db04af39a5e0e2d8a3ceaee159b16184.jpg
0b4024e0d0a67817c695c964e52e2ed6.jpg
1e32385169231747d954f55eb9850079.jpg

Had my first maintenance wash back at Topaz, they also PPF my front splitter & side skirts & checked on the work they had carried out before. I had a little accident with the power washer went to a car wash just for them to wash some dirt off with water only. They ended up getting to close & messing up the PPF lesson learned. Topaz sorted it out free of charge & told me off for being so inpatient. I was waiting for my jet washer to arrive but there was a delay in receiving it, hence me just popping into the local car wash

3d9ef370e990b9652bd3ad3227207db6.jpg
59ecbc06151b2b5ddcfaa81d3ac578a4.jpg

Yesterday I went & had the PCW exhaust modification done. 2.5 hour drive to what seems like the middle of nowhere, little sign saying this way & I pulled up to a garage with a ramp, friendly little chat with the owner. Who told me not to expect any crackles, pops or bangs. Which I knew beforehand but guess he was just making sure I knew. I had a interesting conversation with him, I was under the impression the OPF was the cause of not having them. But he told me Mercedes & BMW have them & some of their cars still do it. A example he gave me was the BMW 140i doesn’t crackle pop or bang as standard but if you have it in sport mode & turn the traction control off it will do it for a couple seconds then revert back to default. So Audi have just mapped it out hopefully it will return once I get stage two from APR. Had a look at the OPF looks very restrictive. Exhaust came off pretty easy, he cut it open & did what he had to do then welded it back up popped it back on & said start it up let’s hear it. Instantly noticed a difference filled up the garage with a deep sounding growl. Made a video of before & after can view it on my Instagram M27JOR even on the video you can hear the difference. Wish I would have made a longer video now, in the car it seems like I was revving it for longer. I cycle through comfort & dynamic. To my surprise comfort is even quieter now, he did say this but I did not believe him. The drive home was very enjoyable, despite the heavy rain I could really hear the exhaust now. As far as modifications go to the back part of the exhaust he told me this would be the best I could do. Even if I bought a different back box it would only produce the same results sound wise. He modified my back box & cats as you can see from the before & after photos. Would highly recommend this modification if you’re after some more sound.

755b69a4f36cf42bec153ab26c8aea86.jpg
b28c60a5377998ff52977508f49146bd.jpg
b51b1a3c0f0a10f3c75a8cbde4f52237.jpg
acb7e7176b1400dc0ab148179e4ca5a4.jpg
15929686709cb800be62c8ba8ad92de3.jpg
35d14dd48baea8a86f7fd420c0fac6a5.jpg
cb4d97652fd6be6a77872d4849605772.jpg
f708b89ffb887d21bffe07a89f952687.jpg
6fdec0cc0736a4bbff5e74e00f9ac96d.jpg
d3290d748af523c6d01c214e8fd6dbb4.jpg
16761638c9ba3255058b3913b8cc8678.jpg
f32cc95abe1507373a80c122d45ffbda.jpg

Update on my other modifications I have going on in the background. Springs & anti-rollbar was going to get powder coated but the factory caught on fire I was going to have it done at, so not sure when that’s going to happen now as awesome GTi don’t want to use anyone else because it took them a few try’s to find one as good as them. AP racing brake kit, my front kit is near completion. BG development have had it months now but they did say they have upgraded the bell design to further improve cooling & reduce weight. They could not get hold of the rear external electronic hand break but I sourced it from Infinity Performance (Aoon). BG development would have received it on Monday so when the guy that’s dealing with my kit comes back from holiday he will get to sorting that out he said. BCS automotive have had a break calipers going on maybe 10 weeks now, was told initially 9 day lead time. But some complications arose first one was glacier white coming out a grey colour, provided them the paint code from Audi not sure if that’s resolved it yet, as they have not updated me with any photos as of yet. Then the Second was a problem with stencilling my logo, I’m not in a rush for them so don’t really mind at this stage. But I would like them done for when I go up to Awesome GTi for the APR stage two, get everything fitting at once. My catch can from Iroz motorsports has not turned up yet, think that’s going on 6 weeks now. Will have to drop them a email maybe they have forgot I have paid for it & waiting on delivery. My TTRS steering wheel still not finish modifying yet but am assured it is close to completion. Think that’s going on 10 weeks now as well. After seeing one installed on a S3 i noticed the buttons lit up red & my buttons in my car light up white. So had to order button set from a R8 non-plus addition. As them lighting up red would have annoyed me

b1dfac62de58bcdcaffe185ec1a790b6.jpg

Reactions: JWAM, hawesy25, Callum66 and 1 other person
Great read! Going to be a hell of a car. Follow you on insta and there is a noticeable difference in the noise from your trip to PCW Be tempted myself if I wasn’t all the way up here in Scotland. Looking forward to following the build