STAGE 3 - Can't get the power down!

FKPhoto007

Reaction score
APR STAGE 3 TTE700 on 95 file
APR STAGE 3 TCU tune

I'm seriously struggling for traction from a launch (3500rpm) and spinning up big time in first and second which is killing my 0-100 (3.3) and 1/4 time (11.1 @120mph). 100-200 7.7sec.

Currently running PS4S on BC Forged 19inch RZ21 square setup 245/35/19.

Thinking I may need to go over to a semi-slick tyre.

Any suggestions to get that power down better?

On launch mine has that issue. Feels like it picks up to 40km/h real quick, stutters for a bit till it gains traction and then it's off. I thought it was because of my tyres since they were relatively worn so I put on a new set of 255/35/19 mps4s and the problem still persists. Haven't tried it on a fully prepped drag strip but I think I'm going to opt with some cup2 tyres next time. Most videos I see online don't have this issue which frustrates me.

Originally thought it could maybe be the haldex causing the slip but after a checkup and service I'm convinced it just can't put the power down since it's fine if you just put your foot down from 0 and go without launching.

Reactions: FKPhoto007
On launch mine has that issue. Feels like it picks up to 40km/h real quick, stutters for a bit till it gains traction and then it's off. I thought it was because of my tyres since they were relatively worn so I put on a new set of 255/35/19 mps4s and the problem still persists. Haven't tried it on a fully prepped drag strip but I think I'm going to opt with some cup2 tyres next time. Most videos I see online don't have this issue which frustrates me.

Originally thought it could maybe be the haldex causing the slip but after a checkup and service I'm convinced it just can't put the power down since it's fine if you just put your foot down from 0 and go without launching.
I'm struggling to get any traction in 1st or 2nd loosing a lot of grip and time. My ps4s are only about 5months old. I'm also leaning towards the cup 2s but really want to be sure they will help. I'm aware you need to get some heat in them before they perform at their best.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Is it possibly a heat issue? Have you tried going for a fast drive then doing a launch when your tyres are hot to see if it still happens? Might just be cold tyres and pressures

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Is it possibly a heat issue? Have you tried going for a fast drive then doing a launch when your tyres are hot to see if it still happens? Might just be cold tyres and pressures

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
Did a few runs before launching deff not a heat issue. Pressures were good too. Just too much ooofff I think for these tyres

Reactions: AJB-RS3
Trap speed seems very low for your 1/4 mile given the power you must be making. Are you peddling it to find traction?

smaller wheels and sticky tyres with some side wall should help tremendously of course, but you might need to look at upgrading the differential and a haldex controller to dial in the traction a bit better. Check out vancity Audi on YouTube it might be helpful to see his journey to the low 9s on a stage 3 tte700 rs3

Trap speed seems very low for your 1/4 mile given the power you must be making. Are you peddling it to find traction?

smaller wheels and sticky tyres with some side wall should help tremendously of course, but you might need to look at upgrading the differential and a haldex controller to dial in the traction a bit better. Check out vancity Audi on YouTube it might be helpful to see his journey to the low 9s on a stage 3 tte700 rs3
It's low due to the ****** launch 1st and 2nd are useless. If can just hook up better on the launch I think I'll be in the 10s for the 1/4

With that power I'm thinking smaller wheels (and brakes), drag radials, a syvecs haledex controller and maybe a limited slip diff. Should be capable of 9's with some practice.

The trap speed is a bit perplexing though. Usually spinning will net a higher trap speed albeit a worse ET, but if you re peddling it on/off that might explain it. The fear though is that there may be some clutch slippage as well and you'll want to rule that out before you put sticky tyres on it.

What is your 60' time? It could tell us quite a lot.

I'd also suggest you launch without building boost and see if that helps maters. I dropped by 0-60 from 3.1 to 2.9 just by changing the launch technique (thank to the above mentioned channel for that tip). Will be interesting to see what difference that makes in the 1/4, but not had the opportunity of weather for a full pass to try it yet.