Stage 2 upgrades

I’ve heard nothing but good things about it from those that have installed and run them.
Still annoying not to have the pre drilled holes.
I went with the AWE option which is complete overkill but works well and looks decent.
The kit awe make is by far the best out there for the b7. Real nice piece of kit.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I have read previous posts on this matter but just wanted to check with everyone here.

I'm looking to upgrade my car to a stage 2 tune over the next few months. At the moment the car has just had a service, new clutch , new cam follower and I'm about to fit new Koni shocks and H&R springs.

Things I'm looking to do for the stage 2 if people are in agreement.

-New coilpack and injectors
- Silicone turbo hose
- Upgraded exhaust system (I haven't found a clear answer on what's best for this)
- New PCV breather valve
- Carbon clean

The engine is a 2.0l BUL code at 217bhp stock with 80k miles.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I would'nt be in too much of a rush for an exhaust to be honest at this stage.
sort out a HFC and downpipe, downpipes vary a bit but it can work out cheaper to get one fabricated.
I have a 3" at the cat end down to 2.5" for the midsection joint and it is spot on
The biggest restriction in the B7 tfsi exhaust is the cat and down pipe.

Reactions: eel
Any issues with cooling Rob given its quite a tall IC.
None at all thankfully. Just looked back at these old pictures and it’s been fitted over 5 years now…
132DA7F5 59A8 4880 ABD5 C73E82E09006

33FE9D34 2F43 40A1 A891 AA013606D23E

Reactions: Charlie Farley
sort out a HFC and downpipe, downpipes vary a bit but it can work out cheaper to get one fabricated.
I have a 3" at the cat end down to 2.5" for the midsection joint and it is spot on
Brilliant for the info. I've contacted someone for a custom HFC and downpipe to be made for me.

The only thing that puts me off is the fact the modified crash bar doesn't have holes pre drilled for the bumper supports. You'd expect it to have them for the price it runs at.

This is what I have

801459d66e70cc2cf6a998a332ca1860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With hindsight I’m not sure I’d go with the 034 HFC again. I wanted to keep things as legal as possible hence not fitting a test pipe. But after 5 years it’s shot and failing the emissions anyway. Agreed it’s the most restrictive part but I’d do it with the down pipe and exhaust. Speak to a local fabricator as they maybe able to do the whole system for you. The off the shelf solutions are good but too expensive most of the time

This is what I have

801459d66e70cc2cf6a998a332ca1860.jpg

Has the paint started to chip and flake away on it mate? My last front mount was black and after a year all the paint was battered which made it look terrible.

Has the paint started to chip and flake away on it mate? My last front mount was black and after a year all the paint was battered which made it look terrible.

Luke
Yup it has . This is after I gave it a little spray and changed the hoses but this is what it looked like before
f159a639f161c7a01a0d017fe9e3d2a6.jpg

Luke
Yup it has . This is after I gave it a little spray and changed the hoses but this is what it looked like before
f159a639f161c7a01a0d017fe9e3d2a6.jpg

Ahh that's annoying. If I do go for it I'll probably get the silver one then.

Ahh that's annoying. If I do go for it I'll probably get the silver one then.

I don’t blame you
Obviously I didn’t have the choice but as my car is black it hides well and only needed a quick spray over with paint
There was a metal stamped plate on the bottom which said 2015 so 7 years

Hi all,

I have read previous posts on this matter but just wanted to check with everyone here.

I'm looking to upgrade my car to a stage 2 tune over the next few months. At the moment the car has just had a service, new clutch , new cam follower and I'm about to fit new Koni shocks and H&R springs.

Things I'm looking to do for the stage 2 if people are in agreement.

-New coilpack and injectors
- Silicone turbo hose
- Upgraded exhaust system (I haven't found a clear answer on what's best for this)
- New PCV breather valve
- Carbon clean

The engine is a 2.0l BUL code at 217bhp stock with 80k miles.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have the OEM PCV setup or migrated to a PCV delete setup.

I was just going to keep the OEM set up for it and just renew the valve and gasket. Is it worth getting a delete?
Do you have the OEM PCV setup or migrated to a PCV delete se

Okay I'll have a look for a PCV delete set up as well.

depends , do you want to go full or part delete with or without a catch can?

have a read here. :icon thumright:

have a read here. :icon thumright:

I have awesome do a full catch can delete which I will look to go with in the future. Will sort it out after these first upgrades I'm going to do

For the custom exhaust system I think I'll bite the bullet and upgrade it now. I have two options.

A Full Twin Exit System in 2.5" with a new 200 Cell Free Flowing Sports Catalytic Convertor

Or

the front section (up until it Y's off into Twin pipe) built in 3"

Any thoughts?

For the custom exhaust system I think I'll bite the bullet and upgrade it now. I have two options.

A Full Twin Exit System in 2.5" with a new 200 Cell Free Flowing Sports Catalytic Convertor

Or

the front section (up until it Y's off into Twin pipe) built in 3"

Any thoughts?
Option one sounds good :thumbs up: