Stage 2 tune on order.

Awwww she knows I'm hopeless with that stuff. Thats why she leaves post it notes on the laptop so I can get to files. Think I'll change my name from chucky to crj1959. Twas a good decade.

Reactions: xpoweruk and jdp1962
Nice one Chucky, sounds like its putting a smile on your face.
Can't wait for more info

Well. I'm over the moon guys. There are too many little and BIG differences to start telling you guys yet. The cars the same but completely different. Brutal acceleration if you want it but still soft around shops etc. Supercharger whine just a little bit more when you accelerate just as I was hoping for. What is different is the exhaust note on stock set up. A real bark I hadn't heard before when you mash it. Its a serious bark!! And the carbon fibre intake OH BABY!! Very happy. More to follow.
Nice Chucky. What company did you go with?

IMG 0041
IMG 0048

Reactions: Chop., xpoweruk and Keef
Well guys I must say I am impressed. This is all you can see re this serious treatment to my S4. The pulley looks OEM but just measures smaller. The rest of it, IS IN THE COMPUTER so to speak. The car echos all that Warren says about his S5.

I am extremely happy that the SC sound is just a little more. Not much. This is due to the boxed construction of APRs design rather than the Ram Air design. Its a soft throaty sound which is kind of sexy, (in my mind anyway). Yeah, give it the full beans and there it is, along with an insane exhaust note, which took me by surprise, but the rest of the time you choose to bring it on, or not.

The tune. When you are just up at the shops there isn't really any noticeable difference until you want to go a bit quicker. The way way more extra power is always there. Throttle response is a lot more immediate when you ask it, but as an every dayer its no less civilized than before. The increased kWs makes it a lot quicker off the line and more Nms just keeps it going. It really is without a doubt a WISC now. Had to slot an acronym in for jdp.

Just got one more bit of bling to go. A mate is going to sell me an R8 coolant cap when he sells his car. He'll just put the original one back. I was gifted an oil cap and it'd be nice to match them up. All done under the bonnet.

Reactions: mcfc1987, scotty76 and Keef
Thought you'd be more than happy with the upgrade.

Transforms the S4 to a beast when needed :)

Reactions: chucky1
jdp it really is a Wolf In Sheeps' Clothing now. S4s are anyway, just a bit more now.

Reactions: jdp1962
nice job mate this deff sounds worth the cash, its not very often you get a car as great as these are and can make them even better as easily as that, have you got any figures yet ?

intake looks the Bizz too

Reactions: chucky1
Hey Chop. I've never put a car on a dyno. So when I get a chance to get out of the city I'll play around doing speeds up and above 100kmh. How quick it does it, rolling speed gains etc. Fastest I can really do around here at home is 80kmh on some stretches legally. Problem is there are normally other drivers around so I can't really give it to it to the point I want to. Get outa town and the game changes. Suffice to say though the bum dyno rates it highly. And thanks, the intake is gorgeous.

Reactions: Chop., Shrek5 and xpoweruk
i hear what your say bud, its already 100+mph too fast in these things to enjoy it as much as you would want to ( so i'v heard ) in a standard car never mind stage 2

keep us posted how you get on sounds braw

Oh why couldn't I find a used S5 with the options I wanted? If I had I'd be having stage 2 fun as well!

Finally all blinged up with the R8 caps. Oil is perfect. Coolant has a minor issue in my mind, but I don't think it will cause a problem. The blue cap screws down then "locks" in with a final click. This doesn't. Keeping an eye on it make sure it doesn't unscrew. I doubt it, it takes about six full turns to reach the end of its travel. Still getting used to the tune etc. Its like a slingshot. The extra power is a blast, and loving both the sexier supercharger sound and the extra exhaust crackles, pops and barks when you ask something of it.
IMG 0060
IMG 0059

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
Hey Chop, thanks. The R8 caps are really fancy, (closest I'll come to owning one). As I said, got them on the cheap/gift so rather painless. Totally unnecessary auto bling.

Reactions: Chop.
jdp yes, they are pretty similar. Just rounds things off.