Stage 2 tomorrow

sweet ive got a standard a3 1.8t agu engine k03 turbo and wondering what roots to go down for 220bhp

that'll go very well indeed with that spec Dave :)

Can't wait to hear your results. Is it going on the dyno too?

Nope no dyno which is a pitty. And tuners over here take the p!$$ when it comes to charging for dyno runs. Gonna get it done as it is only gonna cost 60quid to do. Then in the future will get it custom mapped.

Good luck with it, should make awesome power :)

How did you find the IC fitting? Bumper is a bit of an **** isn't it?

Just had mine upgraded to Stage 2. You'll love the drive back. Similar mods to mine bar manifold and FMIC.

@Sam.
Yeah was a bit tight getting the bumper back on after fitting the intercooler, but managed to without any cutting etc. Although it doesnt sit 100% true, but I will sort that out when the weather gets better(a few months but who knows in this country)

Mines the same, the bottom is pulled forward so the panel gaps near the wheels don't meet my OCD standards. Going to have another bash over christmas I think.

Got the new software on. Not much of a difference to be honest, pulls a little harder but not as much difference between standard and stage 1. Measured 217g/s what ever that equates to. Will keep it like this for a while then I guess it will be wmi and a custom map and higher comp pistons and proper rods.

That's about 270bhp but it's more about the torque at stage 2.

Nope no dyno. 270 seems a bit low would'nt you think with all the parts i have as well. I would have expected at least 280.

i have similar mods to you and also now running stage 2 revo.

I get G/S readings of about 225 when logged so supposedly 280bhp but i too have not had mine dyno`d either yet as i just had the stage 2 software bunged on for the £60 upgrade cost.

My revo settings were set to similar values but i have since bought and SPS box off ebay that lets you adjust those settings so i am gonna see what boost 9 gets me at some point lol as i can set 3 different combo`s on the SPS box and then swap and change using that with in the car.

I believe to get the best results possible from your car you will have to go see one of people who can give you a proper custom map like badger 5 or R-tech.

Irishdave, joe power in dunshaughlin is a genius and also got a positive thumbs up from badger!
He also has rollers on site for after a customer map. Well recommended.

Boost 9, Timing 6, Fuel 9 turned mine in to a turbo beast. The different between 7 and 9 on boost is very noticeable.
Just make sure you have the cooling and upgrades for 9-6-9

I have mine set to B7-T6-F9 until I get my FMIC and rods.

My 2pence. These generic maps arent cut out for the bolt on mods of late. Manis and 80mm tips totally change the game on whats possible. and the generic offerings dont take that into account.

And dont just go turning your boost to 8million, keep an eye on egts when ******* around with that.

Reactions: Westy
The Revo SPS switch comes with instructions showing/explaining how to set the settings correctly using VAGCOM logging as to not cause problems, or potential damage.

Its not just a case of set and go. You do need to read in to it.

Also remember you could potentially see huge rod bending torque spikes but putting it on boost 9, Westy saw >320lb on bills rollers iirc which also tend to read lower torque figures than most

So how much more power and torque can be pushed out when getting a custom map with rods being done before hand ?

Wow aiming for 570-590bhp, Jesus I didn't realise the 8L S3 could become so fast. How much money spent though? Anyone know the weight diffrence between the 8P3 & 8L S3?