Stage 2 S3

Allman45

Reaction score
Currently my mods are decat, filter, dv and custom map. It made 340 bhp, is this classed as stage 2?

What do I need for stage 2+?

Also does anyone know if this power is safe on the standard fuel pump or will it be running lean?

Cheers

You need fuel pump and arguably a cat back.

Currently my mods are decat, filter, dv and custom map. It made 340 bhp, is this classed as stage 2?

What do I need for stage 2+?

Also does anyone know if this power is safe on the standard fuel pump or will it be running lean?

Cheers

Few things I would say here. Firstly you need an uprated HPFP as this is the only difference between stage 2 and stage 2+, filling in the midrange with lovely torque. But you said you have a custom map so I am not sure how that fits into the "stages" as the "stage 2+" is a Revo/APR thing as far as I know. Shark's stages are labelled differently, and custom maps dont really work to stages, or at least arnt labelled as such I dont think.

So to answer your question, if your custom map has been mapped to the standard pump then you will be fine. If you upgrade the pump then you will need a new map to take advantage of the higher fueling you car will be capable of. So this will effectively be you going from stage 2, to stage 2+ but as I said if you are running a custom map im not sure how this compares.

And as has been said, you could be doing with a full TBE and decent induction kit, as I'm not sure what you mean by "filter".

Reactions: Allman45
All of the above.

We tried keeping the stock induction system on mine a long time back,and just going with a Pipercross filter in the stock system.

In short,it didn't work.....we got a high rpm misfire,from the stock system strangling the engine airflow.

A simple filter will cause problems,and the only real solution is a proper full CAI kit,as from Revo,AMD,and ITG for instance.

All of the above.

We tried keeping the stock induction system on mine a long time back,and just going with a Pipercross filter in the stock system.

In short,it didn't work.....we got a high rpm misfire,from the stock system strangling the engine airflow.

A simple filter will cause problems,and the only real solution is a proper full CAI kit,as from Revo,AMD,and ITG for instance.

I have a silicone cold air feed with a mushroom filter. As good as the £400+ branded ones but at half the price ;)

I have a silicone cold air feed with a mushroom filter. As good as the £400+ branded ones but at half the price ;)

Picture of said cold air feed and mushroom filter?

There is a reason why Revo, ITG, VWR cost a fair bit as they actaully work, with proven increases. Just ask a few of us on here.

IMG 2294

There is a reason why Revo, ITG, VWR cost a fair bit as they actaully work, with proven increases. Just ask a few of us on here.

Reactions: Jonneh and s3_trev

IMG 2302

Reactions: s3_trev
Yeah looks like it'll do the job well, just not a fan of bright colours in the engine bay, I like subtle.

bd8083074dbee5be15961dcc275822af.jpg

Reactions: s3_trev and Allman45
Do you find the OEM cover helps with the darth vader noises of the intake?
It's just a cover, so doesn't really dampen any noises. Just drive harder to stop them noises

Reactions: s3_trev
No complaints there then.
You got a good result at a good price

I'm happy with the ITG but then I bought that when not only was it the best around but also about the only one that would do the job properly.

Thankfully now there are a few to choose from.

No complaints there then.
You got a good result at a good price

I'm happy with the ITG but then I bought that when not only was it the best around but also about the only one that would do the job properly.

Thankfully now there are a few to choose from.

Pipe work was £160 and filter was £20. Bargain

Pipe work was £160 and filter was £20. Bargain

By comparison yes.

Mine was around £400 but they did a fair amount of custom fitting for me so I couldn't complain.

Reactions: Allman45
It's just a cover, so doesn't really dampen any noises. Just drive harder to stop them noises
I have found driving with the cover on/off actually does make a noticeable difference to engine noise. Not sure specifically about intake noises though. Im not that keen on the darth vader noises but I do like the performance that comes with lol.

Reactions: grchmason
I have found driving with the cover on/off actually does make a noticeable difference to engine noise. Not sure specifically about intake noises though. Im not that keen on the darth vader noises but I do like the performance that comes with lol.

Darth vader noises?

some intakes make a darth vader breathing sound, bit of a marmite thing...