Stage 2+ S3 thats started in tragedy

Samuealle

Reaction score
I bought a stage 2+ S3 8l from a member on here (minimatto).

Spec as follows:
Port matched head
Badger 5 TIP
Forge 007
Phenolic gasket
IE rods
Relentless v3 Manifold
BB k418t turbo
3 Inch downpipe with decat
2.5 inch exaust
Polybushed front ARB
600x300x76 FMIC
Devils Own WMI.
Bosch 550cc injectors
Sachs 4 paddle clutch
Bilstein B12 Suspension
Power flex yellow engine mount (I changed this to a black one)
Generic Brand inline fuel pump (bosch copy)

I was happy. Matt was unhappy that his pride and joy was gone. But he seemed happy knowing it was going to a good home.

However 5 days into owning it. Someone pulled out in front of me. This happened. I smashed it up avoiding them. They drove off. The car behind drove off. I had to pay 150 for the fence to be repaired. (One month on the guy has not even touched it, money grabbing at my expense) What a **** and 300 to get it back home.

11115861_10155457351425037_4406433171737255367_n.jpg

This gave me a choice. Obviously I could not go through the insurance as they would give 2k for that car despite the mods being declared. So I take a hit of 1500, loose all my no claims and have a total loss claim on my insurance for the next 5 years. Or I could get hold of another S3 shell and put everything into it.

The latter option was chosen. Its taken me a month to get it all sorted due to being in so much pain. I fractured C3 and C4.

But the engine is in the other car I also bought from minimatto.

However I'm having some issues.

The issue is that the harness from the old car is an APY harness. As the old ecu is mapped to suit the engine spec it really has to be used for the moment.

However its running like tosh.

Vagcom is throwing:

Fault 00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30
Lambda fault.

The car will idle okay for 5 mins now. But starts trying to stall out and is only saved by ignition advance. 30+ BTDC.

Now the supply voltage one is baffling me. Does anyone know the diffrences between the BAM and APY looms. I want to know if i can keep the injector/coil side and put in the BAM lambda loom.

I say this as this is where the loom connects into the cabin. I'll happily swap the injectors over and that side of the loom and take it up for mapping. But ideally id like to drive the car as I have jury service at the end of the month and my car. A mk1 cupra the turbo has started to go.

No way! That sucks big time dude!
What a first post, I hope S3 ownership gets better for you from here on in...:crying:

Absolutely gutted for you! Hope you can get it all straightened out! Including your fractures.

Ok first off my condolences. So BAM and APY differences would be BAM has VVT and APY doesn't. APY is narrow band and BAM wide band which means different O2 sensor. That is about what i know of it. But im still hoping that my APY is wide band somehow magically :).

So in my humble opinion no go. But i aint that wise in the ways of the ECU ... yet

Ive put the narrow band looms in the BAM car. Fixed the issue with it throwing the really annoying flashing red screen at me.

Now for the running issue.

The car idles consistently from cold to temperature with the throttle unplugged.

Ran a throttle adaption. Nope.

Time to swap the throttle then i guess and re run an alignment.

car%20issue%201_zpsatmcoskt.jpg

Unplug the throttle and it idles fine.....Well like **** but consistent at least.

74F4E0B0-F2CB-4944-BE33-863BB89D94F3_zpsp0zpeqhq.jpg

Well Its on its toes at least. Has an issue with the brakes and this idle issue. Then that's it. I hope to god its not the master cylinder!

Got it running.

Turned out to be the ****** throttle pedal!

Now to the brakes. Nightmare once more.

11148424_10155767841835037_5040629174543413136_n.jpg

More calibration resolution, 8 injectors and staged injection en route.

Link G4+, is that the plug in and play model?

I just purchased a Vi-Pec ECU (Vi-Pec is owned by link and the ECU's are very similar).