Stage 2 s3 8v facelift

Dunkz

Reaction score
Hi all, looking at getting my s3 8v mapped soon. I already have a revo intake, just ordered scorpion decat downpipe and I will order a turbo elbow also before mapping. So the question is, is it really worth the extra £ to get an uprated intercooler before mapping? On a bit of a tight budget so any info would be great thanks.

It is advised to get a FMIC for stage 2 - if you are prepared to go to Stage 2 then IMO you best be safe than sorry and take all precautions to ensure the safety of your car.

I have:
  • Forge FMIC
  • Forge throttle pipe

It is advised to get a FMIC for stage 2 - if you are prepared to go to Stage 2 then IMO you best be safe than sorry and take all precautions to ensure the safety of your car.

I have:
  • Forge FMIC
  • Forge throttle pipe
Thanks mate. Yeh I'm trying to jump the gun really so I can get it all done quicker but you're right il do the cooler too cheers mate

Hi all, looking at getting my s3 8v mapped soon. I already have a revo intake, just ordered scorpion decat downpipe and I will order a turbo elbow also before mapping. So the question is, is it really worth the extra £ to get an uprated intercooler before mapping? On a bit of a tight budget so any info would be great thanks.

A tight budget! Haha I’ve heard that before.

Always better to have a FMIC but you can get away without, especially in the colder months. MRC get good results with out a cooler.

Reactions: Dunkz
We are in the same boat as you...I can do it now without the cooler, or can wait a couple of months and get the cooler and do a "proper" stage 2.

What cooler are you going for? Im going down the Wagner route

Wagner is the best option in my opinion, I have one and I didn’t want to change it again at a later date so got the best.

Just missed out on a wagner . Maybe going airtec I think. Been using them for years now and always had great results. Often better than the more expensive brands.

I think the results are very similar with any brand really, just depends on what your wanting really.