Stage 2+ on Wednesday!

Granta

Reaction score
I don't have a build thread as progress is slow with me and car looks standard ATM! So thought i would post this as I'm like a child at xmas, i am booked in for a stage2+ map on wednesday morning at R-Tech!!

specs are
2007 S3 55k
REVO intake
Milltek turbo back with sports cat
Autotech internals
standard clutch + DMF :think:

currently on R-Tech stage1, looking forward to it!

Reactions: RS3dan and Dean_T
Xmas comes early!

You'll love the results.

I'm sure it is! i will let you know on wednesday bit worried about the clutch though..

Oooo let us know what you think....

Im buying all my bits after Crimbo :)
Autotech HPFP
Powervalve TBS
And Sach Organic Clutch

Im on Revo stage 1 with a Revo CAI and my clutch already slips slightly in 4th :(

Im planning a mammoth weekend session with my mate bolting all the bits on and fitting the clutch along with a new thermostat and then get get booked in on the Monday for stage 2+ software... Cant wait :)

I'm sure it is! i will let you know on wednesday bit worried about the clutch though..

Fair to say the clutch may not last...my original one made it to Stg2 and gave up immediately.

Ooh the famous power valve system. I think that's half the fun getting all the boys and fitting them. clutch won't last long hopefully won't give out on Wednesday just to get through the map.
Are you fitting the hpfp bits yourself?

Reactions: S3DUST
Ooh the famous power valve system. I think that's half the fun getting all the boys and fitting them. clutch won't last long hopefully won't give out on Wednesday just to get through the map.
Are you fitting the hpfp bits yourself?
Yep I'm going for it :) I'm taking over the living room for the evening with a gallon of IPA ;-)

Did you do yours?

The powervalve system is expensive but looks awesome, plus the car is the wife's daily runner so she will not be happy if she sounds like a boy/girl racer.... :-S

I have a cunning plan on putting a valve in the actuator pipe so it can be locked off when needed ;-)

Reactions: RS3dan and Granta
Stage 2+ FTW :arco:

Reactions: Granta and S3DUST
yes i did all the work on mine, my exhaust was 2nd hand, it has a swappable cat section so decat can be fitted if i want.
I would like a powervavlve system, well i suppose everyone will but came down to money at the end of the day, stage 2+ is an expensive addiction and i don't think it gets any cheaper from now on!!

i would love to put my wife in a quick car but she has absolutely no interest in speed and torque! we recently bought her a qasqai 1.6 petrol and she loves it (suppose if she did like boost it would be costly!)

Lol, well I conned the wife into an S3, basically I took her Citroën C4 Picasso to a garage, part ex it and came back with a S3 at first she was not happy but now she loves it :-D I actually don't get to drive it that much as I have a company car. I just nick her car for the late night emergency milk run :-D we seem to always need milk theses days ;-)

ha ha thats what its all about!

Set off at 6 and took 3 hours with a bit of traffic. Car being set up on dyno

Reactions: KentKid and S3DUST
First time I have ever seen MPG like that?!! And probably the last!

Currently at 353 BHP, stopped for a tea break!

Reactions: S3Alex and S3DUST
Just got home done about 400 miles round trip, been to see my dad, his birthday and as I had the day off I thought I must!

Right to the map..
Very very happy with it!
Figures 357BHP
Torque 385lb/ft !

Reactions: s3_trev and S3DUST
Niki from r tech was pretty concerned that the clutch was standard and has only seen a handful make it through a stage 2+ map without slipping! And mine made it. With an updated clutch and RS4 fuel pressure valve he was very confident the torque figure will reach 400 so once sorted he will tweet the map for a pack of job nobs and box of beers!

Reactions: Compkiler
What's the advantages of the RS4 valve?

Feel wise it's quick and very torquey. (Is that a word?!) gets going at 2 k and pulling strong at 3 and at 4 it takes off and peaks. The map is very linear ie not too aggressive but more progressive and builds and builds ( almost the way an M3 gets going if anyone have driven one) chose this map to be a bit nicer on the car and clutch!

Reactions: Gfermer and S3DUST
Nice, my clutch is dead with S1 :-( it's a costly game going to S2+ with that too do :-S

Nice figures, can't wait to get mime moved from stage 2 to stage 2+

It's definitely worth it.
Rs4 pressure valve is basically the fuel pressure valve that's fitted to the rs4. Uprating the fuel pump produces more fuel in the rail, the rs4 valve if I'm correct lets it hold 4bar of fuel pressure in the rail where as the standard s3 is 3 bar so when you boot it and the injectors open you may have a shortage of fuel just because the rail can't hold enough where as with the rs4 one it allows it hold hold more therefore supplies your injectors with more.

Reactions: S3Alex
Rs4 pressure valve is basically the fuel pressure valve that's fitted to the rs4. Uprating the fuel pump produces more fuel in the rail, the rs4 valve if I'm correct lets it hold 4bar of fuel pressure in the rail where as the standard s3 is 3 bar so when you boot it and the injectors open you may have a shortage of fuel just because the rail can't hold enough where as with the rs4 one it allows it hold hold more therefore supplies your injectors with more.

Ah I see.... Better add that on to the bits to buys then :D don't tell the wife :s

he does indeed! and when you think you are happy with your car, he tells you a little more and tempts you to go get the bits so he can map it again! what did yours make dean?

I'm yet to see what mines making
Anyone wana arrange another rolling road day at amd?

Reactions: leshkin and S3DUST
I'm yet to see what mines making
Anyone wana arrange another rolling road day at amd?
I was literally just thinking about this! I would definitely go! Should be S2+ by mid Jan :)

As far as I can remember its actually the high pressure fuel rail it sits in and allows the rail pressure to run at around 145bar.

If I remember......

i was close then with my 3 and 4 bar guess!! ha ha way off