Stage 2+ Dyno readings.... Hmmmm any input?

Compkiler

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have just had my car on the Dyno and am shocked and extremely ****** off with the results!
Can any of you big wigs here give me any idea what the feck is going on as my readings are showing i have less than a stage 2 map on!

My hardware is in my sig below and im running Revo Stage 2+

I have been in touch with the tuner briefly who put the map on and im going to have a long chat with them monday and i will phone up Revo direct too.
My car was data logged at the time the Revo map was put on and everything was fine!

Here is the graph with the figures!!

Scan0003_zpsmokraqgi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Scan0003_zpsmokraqgi.jpg

First thing I'd say is nice flat torque curve,but then you look at the actual figures,and they are significantly lower than you would expect.

FWIW,mine on Stg2+ was producing 360bhp and 360lbs,which were pretty much average for the time.

I think that Revo seem to have frozen development of their 8P maps,whereas others like APR,Unicorn and others have been pushing forwards,and higher figures should be possible.

Yours needs a trip to be logged and to find out where the limitations are.

Well im at AMD next saturday for the Dyno day so maybe i need to go to the tuner this week coming before hand if i can get there and they can fit me in as no point in me going if im going to be depressed and ****** off!
Ive spent an absolute fortune on her and she repays me by under performing! :banghead:

If i go to my tuner and they see nothing wrong when data logging, which in all fairness, they had the car all day from 9am til 530pm and took her on several trips up the road and she was fine... then im gona ask for a refund from Revo as the figures im getting are no where near what they are forecasting on there website!

For the record, my car has full history, been maintained regardless, has only done 38K miles and had its last full service in October.

I know what you mean.

Initially my car just about made stock power when it went for a Stg1 remap,and consistently just about made what it should do,but I think Revo's maps are now very conservative,but it should make more than it has on yours.

It's possible that they simply haven't turned it up much,and there is room to tweak it a bit.

Ye but 323bhp for stage 2+? maybe stage 2 ye but even thats a bit low for stage 2?? and even when i had my Celtic Tuning stage 1 map, the lads at the tuning company took her out and couldnt believe how fast she was with the stage 1 map as it was really aggressive! Apparently tho it was running lean with that stage 1 map so needed changing. I thought to myself, 315bhp to 360-370bhp must be a massive difference really especially with what everyone's been saying about going from stage 1 to stage 2+.
I have noticed a difference mid range as she just keeps pulling now to the red line, so i thought that the car was running ok, but i have nothing to compare her too...

I do agree,but if the boost and/or timing settings are conservative,there may be more to come.
Other than that,it may be a matter of a different map.

have you disconnected battery in the mean time? because it would revert everything to basic stage 2+.
those figures are pretty low. i'm also under impression that revo lost interest into 8p platform owners, while the others are pushing the limit even further they seem to have no interest or what so ever into developing it further.
what a shame...

Reactions: S3Alex
have you disconnected battery in the mean time? because it would revert everything to basic stage 2+.
those figures are pretty low. i'm also under impression that revo lost interest into 8p platform owners, while the others are pushing the limit even further they seem to have no interest or what so ever into developing it further.
what a shame...

I think that losing sight of where the bulk of your customers are is a mistake,if that is the case.
Yes,the 8V will in time take over in terms of numbers,but right now,there is a lot of development for the 8P,and other companies are responding to that.

Don't get me wrong,they did well for me over the yrs and I would still recommend them,but if you want the most from the car,others have stolen the crown.

Reactions: S.
I havnt disconnected the battery but the battery did go flat once when my alarm kept going off. this was about 3 months ago when my rear washer leaked.
I asked about this with my tuner and he said as long as you didnt disconnect it it will be fine? no?

If the battery has been disconnected or gone flat at any time,the settings will be lost.

That said,most of us may not notice a difference in peak power of a few percent,but loss of midrange torque is usually pretty clear.

Ill pop her into LVS next week hopefully before our rolling road day at the weekend!

Reactions: Dean_T and S3Alex
Good idea....just get it looked over.

Reactions: grchmason
If all the tuner will do is change 3 settings... ie boost timing and fuel again... should i just buy the sps switch and do it myself then?
Reason i ask is because its gona cost me about £50 in fuel to get there and back anyway....

If all the tuner will do is change 3 settings... ie boost timing and fuel again... should i just buy the sps switch and do it myself then?
Reason i ask is because its gona cost me about £50 in fuel to get there and back anyway....

I would, you've got it for future if your battery ever dies or needs changing then.

However I've seen a few threads recently about disappointed revo owners and APR getting rave reviews with big power figures.

Well if i have the datalog done to see, and everything comes out ok, and its not that ive lost my settings with the battery being flat, then ill ask for a refund from Revo and go APR.
Ill hopefully get my car checked out next week before the ASN group rolling road day at AMD and then compare figures then to what i have now in front of me!

Thinking about it, the Torque only being 293 seems extremely low anyway and the cars pulling power hasn't changed at all since i had the stage 2+ remap done so i very much dout anything has changed as the car feels exactly the same now as it did after they remapped it??

That makes me think she's always been well underpowered than she should be!

That makes me think she's always been well underpowered than she should be!

Well yeah, regardless the torque figure you've got is pretty much stock figures with the mods you have.

There's a graph here of stock software with stage 2+ mods and it's the same torque figure as yours.

Well yeah, regardless the torque figure you've got is pretty much stock figures with the mods you have.

There's a graph here of stock software with stage 2+ mods and it's the same torque figure as yours. View attachment 56463
I thought rtech would have at least got 360bhp out of a stage 2+ s3

This thread worries me. Really would like mine on the rollers now to see just what its making, and if im getting anywhere near Revo's claimed figures.

I guess the standard FMIC is holding it back

The stock intercooler works fine at Stg2+ and won't hold the car back a huge amount.

A bigger intercooler dies help in long power runs or hot days and is a must for big power cars.

I had my S3 Revo stage 2+ and although the car went ok I never felt it was rapid.
I logged my airflow readings and it only calculated about 325-330 bhp using the .80 sum.
I forwarded my logs to Revo who said they looked healthy and would be achieving 360 bhp+
I've since sold that car and running a standard 340 bhp RS3 which is far quicker than my S3 was!
This is about the 5th time I've heard of S3 Revo stage 2+ making less than 330bhp in a matter of weeks!
If you can get your money back and go elsewhere

You have actually made 331 bhp, which is about right for a Stage 2+ Revo.

The corrected figure is lower, but SAE correction does not work on turbocharged cars, especially modern ones. You have a dyno cell temp of only 11 degrees, and very high pressure of 102mbar plus. This leads to the software reducing power from the actual measured.

Two reasons why this is incorrect.

1. SAE does not apply to turbocharged cars. Unfortunately there is no correction factor that works accurately on turbocharged cars and so you are much better looking at uncorrected. This works quite well in the UK as we are all around sea level, and the temperature doesn't vary much. It is the pressure factor that is the main issue, so applying a factor for hot temperatures is ok. The reason SAE doesn't work is complicated, but it's to do with the fact that at lower pressures, the compressor ahs to do less work to generate a certain pressure ratio.

2. Modern ECU's are designed to give the same power on a hill on hot days, as in the winter at sea level. They vary the boost and timing in order to do this. This means that a degree of correction for ambient conditions is applied. For anyone that has studied basic Physics, think of the ideal gas law and pV=nRT

I suggest you check the SPS settings and then run it at AMD to compare the figures.

Rick

Reactions: Mario8P
Hi guys, i have just had my car on the Dyno and am shocked and extremely ****** off with the results!
Can any of you big wigs here give me any idea what the feck is going on as my readings are showing i have less than a stage 2 map on!

My hardware is in my sig below and im running Revo Stage 2+

I have been in touch with the tuner briefly who put the map on and im going to have a long chat with them monday and i will phone up Revo direct too.
My car was data logged at the time the Revo map was put on and everything was fine!

Here is the graph with the figures!!

Scan0003_zpsmokraqgi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Scan0003_zpsmokraqgi.jpg
We seem to be in a similar situation mate. My power is similar to yours (mines around 335 bhp) but my torque is 335 too. Mines a DSG.
Been doing some logs and it seems to me I have fueling problems.
Arranged a booking with my tuner but couldn't make it as i fell ill!!
How does your car feel on the road? You never know there might be an issue you don't know about.

Car feels brilliant on the road just like it was when it was remapped to stage 2+ that's the thing... If it was actually making the 370nhp and 380 torque, then I wonder how much more impressed I would be??
This is there was definately an improvement after the remap from stage 1 but I had the hpfp fitted at the same time as the stage 2+ remap so maybe that's what I'm feeling?

Ive always thought that myself before i found out it was around 335bhp. Thought there must be something missing.
I went from stage 1 to stage 2+ myself. Stage 1 i used to feel it pulling hard top end whereas now with 2+ its mid range. Top end now drops off.
Where are you from? Could compare if you like

My advice... Ditch Revo and go Apr

Reactions: Marshy
What? 331 bhp is right for Revo stage 2+? Do you mean wheel horse power or did you mean to say stage 2?
I'm pretty sure Rick means stage 2+ engine power mate.

What gets me is that Revo put on their website saying something like 330-370bhp when obviously the higher number isn't achievable.

Yeah and @S3_Sanni has spent a fair few quid, not to mention time and effort, convinced his 2+ S3 is down on power when 335bhp could well be spot on.

Yeah and @S3_Sanni has spent a fair few quid, not to mention time and effort, convinced his 2+ S3 is down on power when 335bhp could well be spot on.
Spot on Julian.
I do have a little problem with mine though if you still remember.. The squealing noise.
Don't know if that can be an issue but once I've got it checked, ill be going from there

I wouldn't worry too much if it feels good on the road. I remember taking a previous car from 1 rolling road to to another in the space of a week and it put out 50bhp less on the 2nd. These things can all be down to operator, ambient temps, airflow, tyre pressures and the dyno itself and how well it's strapped down. All of these cars will be putting out similar power in the same conditions (give or take) due to a difference in mods and fuel quality. Yes, cars maps will adapt and maybe one has a bit of extra carbon buildup but in reality there isn't going to be a huge difference in the map.

Reactions: S3Alex
I wouldn't worry too much if it feels good on the road. I remember taking a previous car from 1 rolling road to to another in the space of a week and it put out 50bhp less on the 2nd. These things can all be down to operator, ambient temps, airflow, tyre pressures and the dyno itself and how well it's strapped down. All of these cars will be putting out similar power in the same conditions (give or take) due to a difference in mods and fuel quality. Yes, cars maps will adapt and maybe one has a bit of extra carbon buildup but in reality there isn't going to be a huge difference in the map.
One of the lads on the forum changed his map from amd to Apr and he said it made a massive difference. Was shown from his 1/4 mile times as well.
Sometimes it can be the map. And sometimes it could be the car itself having a few small issues, not producing the power allowed from the map.

Rolling roads are a real lottery.

Whilst it's not accurate,the "bum" dyno tells a lot about the way a car is performing,and whether or not something has made a difference.

I have no doubt that the current revision APR maps are offering increased power and torque over some of the maps available,but you also have to remember that even if one map turns out 400bhp at peak rpm,compared to another that "only" produces 360bhp,that this amounts to around 10% at peak rpm.

Torque is far more important in the mid range,and again,APRs maps seem to do well here,likely down to their timing strategies.
I know they were VERY interested in Revos timing settings a few years ago.