stage 2+ down on power

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
I recently bought an S3 8P with a so say stage 2+ map from ARP,The guy didn't really know anything about the car as he bought it already tuned. Since driving it over the last week or so i just didn't think it felt like 350+bhp so i took it to a rolling road to check it was running ok and to its full potential.
The dyno guy said it was fueling perfect and had a nice power curve, other than a little dip at around 4500rpm. The car put out 315.1 with a torque figure of 305.0. I now need to find my lost 50ish horses.
Any thoughts would be good, also where do you plumb in a boost gauge on these?
Im going to get a revo guy to plug it in and see if its their map or not as he's local to me if not ill have to find an ARP guy to plug it in and see what it says.
The car came from a guy on here put I've checked his posts and he only posted about a boost hose coming off. Does anyone know the car, its an 08 in black with RS front brakes, loba hpfp, full millek and oz ultraleggera wheels. reg number (LA08 NXZ)
thanks..

heres some pics of the car to see if it jogs any memories lol..

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    810.8 KB · Views: 178
Boost gauge is usually run from the intake manifold,as here.

Forge make an adapter.

As to the car.....firstly has someone disconnected the battery at some stage?

I'm confused mate so it's APR or Revo mapped ? and they are stage 1 figures you have there

Forge make an adapter.

cheers Alex, ill look into that.

I'm confused mate so it's APR or Revo mapped ? and they are stage 1 figures you have there
This is the problem mate, I'm not sure, the guy thinks its ARP but it could be REVO as theres REVO parts on it. I need to get it plugged into the correct tuners laptop to see what map its running. The seller told me it was stage2+ and running around 330ish bhp but new nothing of the LOBA hpfp and was just going on about an rs4 injection bar or something like that.. The power its giving is that of a stage 1.

Reactions: grchmason
amazing wheels sorry for OT :D. Remove that REVO PCV its useless and can cause some problems. Then find someone who has Revo SPS to see if the car is running REVO map. Where are you based?

This is the problem mate, I'm not sure, the guy thinks its ARP but it could be REVO as theres REVO parts on it. I need to get it plugged into the correct tuners laptop to see what map its running. The seller told me it was stage2+ and running around 330ish bhp but new nothing of the LOBA hpfp and was just going on about an rs4 injection bar or something like that.. The power its giving is that of a stage 1.

To check if its Revo just post up your location and see if anyone local has a SPS Switch I have one your welcome to plug in if your around Berks mate

Otherwise try ringing both in morning with reg of car and go from there :)

Reactions: Starry
amazing wheels sorry for OT :D. Remove that REVO PCV its useless and can cause some problems. Then find someone who has Revo SPS to see if the car is running REVO map. Where are you based?
What sort of problems will the pcv cause? I'm in Bristol if anyones near by with sps. A
s for the wheels they're for sale (-;

To check if its Revo just post up your location and see if anyone local has a SPS Switch I have one your welcome to plug in if your around Berks mate

Otherwise try ringing both in morning with reg of car and go from there :)
i will call them tomorrow, thanks

Forge make an adapter.

Not sure on the battery being removed, will it lose its map?

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah, agreed that RR very but at 12% we're still below 350.

I agree.

Rolling roads are a lottery,but not usually by that amount.

The map settings need checking,and if they're ok the car should be logged to find out what's happening.

lovely wheels mate. i have the same they look great on both black and white s3.
hope you'll get your issues sorted.

Reactions: Starry
Update. Just spoken to the tech guy at Apr, as I don't have cruise control the car won't revert back to standard if the battery is disconnected , this will only happen on switchable map. He says book it in to a dealer and see what map is on it.

Right, book in at Gwent VW for next Friday, going to plug it in and see what's what. The guy says as its had a change of owner if the map needs putting back on or it's the wrong map there will be a charge.

Right then, update...
Took the car to Gwent vw who are APR agents, the guy drove the car and confirmed it felt mapped but it was not up to stage 2+ power and more interestingly the the ecu was showing as not being 'burned' and was definitely not APR, All very strange. Anyway rather than spend time trying to get to the bottom of it all i just said put the APR 2+ on there, the guy said if i was not happy with it he would take it off and there would be no charge. Only downside was the car would then revert to stock 265.
Anyway i took the chance and I'm so glad i did, the car has come to life now, it pulls all the way through the rev range and even at 120mph your being pushed into your seat.(did i mention my mate has a really long driveway which i tested it on).....

Reactions: RedDejavu