Stage 1

Pazzer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am considering stage 1 on my 07 plate s3, I live between Brighton and Gatwick.

Is there anyone here that lives in the same area that could recommend a garage?

Many thanks
Dan

If you want revo I'd recommend TC garage in copthorne. Had mine done there and they are a good bunch of lads.

Reactions: Pazzer
If you want revo I'd recommend TC garage in copthorne. Had mine done there and they are a good bunch of lads.
Ah ok I had looked at them. If you don't mind me asking how much was it?

I'd have to dig out the receipt as I can't honestly remember, I had the group buy discount and think it was circa £500.

Rabbid in Basingstoke, custom mapping, bloke is s genius

As suggested above you've got AMD Tuning in Essex, you've also got Storm Devs which is a just a bit further to the West of London near Reading. Revo are good but a second rate map nowadays and so I'd recommend APR/AMD or custom mapping above Revo or anything else.

AMD offer a generic stage 1 remap at £400, Storm Devs (and other tuners) will offer a custom stage 1 remap for £250.

My two recommendations are for Storm Developments,and AMDTuning,and I can vouch for both personally.

Thanks all,

Very helpful as always on here. I got a quote for a revo remap but it was nearly £600. I will be swerving that. (No pun intended!)

£600 sounds far too steep; exactly right to swerve it. I would hope it costs half of that.
I went with R-tech at Hinkley for £290 (albeit not in your neck of the woods).

So I've since found out that my insurers won't cover me for stage 1, had a shop around and it's quite a bit more expensive to get insured with the stage 1 declared. I must say I'm a bit gutted! Probably won't bother now.

So I've since found out that my insurers won't cover me for stage 1, had a shop around and it's quite a bit more expensive to get insured with the stage 1 declared. I must say I'm a bit gutted! Probably won't bother now.

If you haven't already done it,try people like Greenlight who only deal in modified cars for a quote.

I know I'm ancient but my premium with everything declared is now down to under £500

If you haven't already done it,try people like Greenlight who only deal in modified cars for a quote.

I know I'm ancient but my premium with everything declared is now down to under £500
Yeah maybe I need to keep looking. How old are you Alex? 95?!

Yeah maybe I need to keep looking. How old are you Alex? 95?!

Never give up looking.

My worst ever was £2.5k for one of my Cosworths.

Not quite 95 but working on it ....
Seriously it is worth going through people like Greenlight,sky and others as they can get rates that most companies won't offer directly.

Never give up looking.

My worst ever was £2.5k for one of my Cosworths.

Not quite 95 but working on it ....
Seriously it is worth going through people like Greenlight,sky and others as they can get rates that most companies won't offer directly.
Blimey that is steep. Thanks for your help I have contacted greenlight, just waiting for them to get back to me.

Reactions: S3Alex
Sky insurance, adrian flux and chris knott are worth a try too.

Adrian Flux did a good job for me. Albeit I'm 40 years old with a crash in the last year. Hopefully you are not as old and daft...

Sky insurance, adrian flux and chris knott are worth a try too.

Definitely....it always pays to shop around,and play a quote off against others,and Chris Knott were pretty good for me previously,but Greenlight have served well for the last 2 yrs.

I agree, I'm in no rush to get stage 1 but I do want to do it in time.

Yeah I've got a lotus with Chris Knott and they were considerably cheaper than elsewhere. Quite a personal service too and they actually use common sense when quoting which you just don't get with larger companies who often have a computer says no method of working.

Been with greenlight previously for my Golf but again this year they could't touch CN.

Reactions: S3Alex
Been with greenlight previously for my Golf but again this year they could't touch CN.

It's interesting how they differ for different cars and drivers.

I found Greenlight were able to put a package together that suited me very well after the last round of mods although CN were previously very good.

Greenlight gave me a good quote, they said what the excess was but didn't state what was compulsory. Question is will the car be harder to sell with stage 1?!

No of course not pal, if your worried about selling, don't mention it simple as

Greenlight gave me a good quote, they said what the excess was but didn't state what was compulsory. Question is will the car be harder to sell with stage 1?!

I think most people are quite happy with a well looked after car....keep the servicing bills etc,and you should have no problems.

Reactions: Pazzer
Seriously thinking about doing it now, I just want my car to feel more urgent! Coming from a lighter civic type r you do notice it a bit

Honestly a map totally transforms these cars, I never really am a so called street racer however had a play with a m135i and shocked myself and that with a stage 1 map, the car just becomes so much more lively