Stage 1 Remapping

Rowan88

Reaction score
I was looking into getting my A4 Stage 1 remapped. I can get it done for about £400 and I will go from 170BHP to about 200-205BHP.

Is there a noticeable difference from a stage 1 remap?

I've heard horror stories of clutches breaking down rapid and turbo's sometimes going altogether. Is this all myth or is it normal to happen?

I was looking into getting my A4 Stage 1 remapped. I can get it done for about £400 and I will go from 170BHP to about 200-205BHP.

Is there a noticeable difference from a stage 1 remap?

I've heard horror stories of clutches breaking down rapid and turbo's sometimes going altogether. Is this all myth or is it normal to happen?

I've had my A4 B8 mapped at Awesome GTI in Manchester and that was 150 to 185 (****, I know). I did notice a big difference afterwards! People have said watch out on the clutch but not the turbo. I don't think I need to worry about my clutch as much though as it's probably the same in a 170 A4, you on the other hand might have to be carful if your going over the 200 mark but I'm not completely sure. You would be best asking the garage that will be mapping it.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this a Diesel 170?
Mine was remapped to stage 2 on original clutch, with the torque kept a little lower to prolong the clutches life.. DMF blew in 2k miles lol but it was on 125k to begin with so no real shock.
TBH now I have the new clutch and DMF i dont mind, as i was prepared for the day mentally that it would go as a result of getting the map, i just hoped it wouldnt be so soon
So just mentally prepare and maybe put a little aside a few pennies (allot of pennies) for new a Clutch and DMF further down the line if its high miles :)
not heard about turbos as a result though

oh and HUUUGE difference, but it did skip a stage.
Worth considering egr and dpf deletes and going straight to a 2 if you think you might want more from it in the future, save you an additional 400 in software.