Stage 1 Remap - effect on premium ?

sixlargebeers

Reaction score
Thinking of a stage 1 for my PFL s3.

What sort of premium hike have others experienced when disclosing to insurers ?

Mine wasn't much with Admiral, I can't remember exactly, but <£50 from I think, though I'm not sure how far through the year I was, so kind of meaningless.
I suppose with insurance though, different for everyone!

Reactions: sixlargebeers
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all or would like a quotation then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

It depends on the % of BHP. Mine was between 10 & 20%. They charged me £48 including admin fee.

Use Adrian Flux, actually got quoted cheaper with mods than normal compare meerkat etc without mods!

Just got my renewal courtesy of Dan at Adrian flux. Got to thank Dan for a stella price. With all my modifications it was only £67 more than my original renewal with no mods. Adrian Flux should be your first port of call if you've modified your car.

Thanks Leevr,

I'm glad that we have been able to provide you with a competitive premium for your modified car.

Many people are surprised when they realise that premiums can in fact be lower for modified vehicles than those that are standard. In many cases the owners' of these vehicles are enthusiasts, who have the experience of handling their cars and statistically are often involved in fewer claims.

Many thanks,

Dan

Reactions: sixlargebeers, Adam14, TonkS3 and 3 others
Thanks all.

Going to DH Automotive in Falkirk on Friday for them to give me a proper quote for the stage 1 and any other recommended mods. I won't be doing anything beyond what they recommend as necessary for the stage 1 remap. An uprated (hybrid?) turbo I believe will be required.

I'll certainly be on to Dan at AF for a quote.

Thanks all.

Going to DH Automotive in Falkirk on Friday for them to give me a proper quote for the stage 1 and any other recommended mods. I won't be doing anything beyond what they recommend as necessary for the stage 1 remap. An uprated (hybrid?) turbo I believe will be required.

I'll certainly be on to Dan at AF for a quote.

Dave is a good guy so will keep you right.

But i doubt he will be suggesting a new turbo if you only want stage one.

If you’re a manual he might suggest a clutch as precaution as we know it starts to slip.

The turbo suggestion was something to do with the impeller blade being too close to the turbine (?) - was told that by an Audi indie who is a client of my business when i mentioned i was thinking of a remap....

I'll feedback after I see Dave tomorrow.

Thanks for all input.