Stage 1 Remap & Carbon Deep Clean

dkingy11

SQ5 & A4 Allroad
Reaction score
Well yesterday I got my A4 Allroad remapped along with a carbon deep clean... was just doing a bit of research & turned out they were around my area doing another job so just bit the bullet & went for it. Was through Northern Performance & got a combo deal for £280. I haven’t done much testing as of yet, but initial thoughts are that although it does seem like a MASSIVE change, the car IS quicker, much smoother & pulls in all gears compared to previous. 1st time I’ve ever had a remap so was unsure what to expect, but overall I’m happy. Just with getting both done at same time, not sure how much of the improvement is based on the remap or the carbon clean?? Hopefully the MPG will improve a bit (once I’ve had a bit play about)! I would recommend the company, answered any questions I had, seemed knowledgeable & everything was done on my drive.

Would anyone recommend a new air filter following Stage 1? I had a look in tonight & the 1 in there is Hengst. Is this as good as the rest... or better toreplace with another make?

Well yesterday I got my A4 Allroad remapped along with a carbon deep clean... was just doing a bit of research & turned out they were around my area doing another job so just bit the bullet & went for it. Was through Northern Performance & got a combo deal for £280. I haven’t done much testing as of yet, but initial thoughts are that although it does seem like a MASSIVE change, the car IS quicker, much smoother & pulls in all gears compared to previous. 1st time I’ve ever had a remap so was unsure what to expect, but overall I’m happy. Just with getting both done at same time, not sure how much of the improvement is based on the remap or the carbon clean?? Hopefully the MPG will improve a bit (once I’ve had a bit play about)! I would recommend the company, answered any questions I had, seemed knowledgeable & everything was done on my drive.

Would anyone recommend a new air filter following Stage 1? I had a look in tonight & the 1 in there is Hengst. Is this as good as the rest... or better toreplace with another make?
You should really do your mods then get it live mapped on a dyno to suit the individual car and mods. Personally I wouldn't get any company to stick a generic map on without live tweaking on a dyno as it could do more damage than good.

You should really do your mods then get it live mapped on a dyno to suit the individual car and mods. Personally I wouldn't get any company to stick a generic map on without live tweaking on a dyno as it could do more damage than good.

Sounds like good advice but assuming this would come at a bigger price? I’m not an expert on this type of thing but the explanation given to me seemed reasonable for what I wanted. This info from the company seems to explain it better than I could...
“Remapping is ‘non invasive’ in that we don’t have to actually dismantle or replace any engine components, just plug your vehicles’s ECU into our laptop, so it’s easy for us to work at your home or workplace.

These findings are analysed before we upload new software to your ECU with new settings parameters; in two hours or often less depending on make and model, your vehicle’s performance is transformed.

The software we load onto your ECU is created especially for your car based on your needs; it’s not an ‘off the shelf’ copy of software for your vehicle type.”

They do have a rolling road available if willing to travel but for what I was wanting, this seemed like a good option to me. Maybe I am being a little bit naive about the ‘mobile remapping’ but I suppose only time will tell. Like I say, 1st time i’ve done anything like this to any of my cars, therefore I based my choice on a bit of research & customer reviews.

Hi, I know this post is from nearly a year ago but how you been getting on after the re-map?
Cheers

Hi, I know this post is from nearly a year ago but how you been getting on after the re-map?
Cheers
1st time on here in a while sorry... To answer your question, I've had no problems at all & it still pulls nicely in all gears. Yes it hasn't been on a rolling road so don't know the true increase etc. but it does for me! You thinking of getting it done?

Reactions: weth82