Stage 1 remap advice?

Gavin96

Reaction score
Hi folks remap is definitely something i want doing. stage 1 is what i am interested in, what hardware parts are necessary for stage 1. Also what company's are good for a custom map. cheers. Gav

Nothing needed for a stage1. Where are you located?

Advice: Do it

Hardware: None required but there are several inexpensive mods you can do without spending money to increase air flow (that's if you are in a S3)

Companies: me personally I would go for a reputable company like Revo/APR/MRC, what ever is handiest to you for support. Cheap maps bring problems.

Yes its for my pfl audi s3. And im based in sunny Manchester ;)
Do you have a link for these inexpensive modifications mate anything i need to know modification wise with the s3 ? Cheers

If you go custom it's going to be a remap that's suited for what ever hardware you have on rather then a "stage" map.

The likes of Revo and APR have "stage" maps.

Either way I don't think you will be dissatisfied.

Reactions: lucaslfc
Will you be looking at going stage 2 in the future?

Aren't you lucky being in Manchester. Have a word with Rick @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. , They are in Stockport.Have a look at the number of S3's , Golf R's he's mapped. His dyno isn't one of those that tells fairy tales either.
https://www.facebook.com/UnicornMotorDevelopments/

what he said /\

i took mine there, and got some top legit figures with only small mods i had done on the car before hand, mine came out of there at 395bhp rolled at 325 on the 1st power run. there maps are custom to the car rather than a "staged set map"

even went back week later got them dial it back to 380bhp till me sach clutch installed in 2weeks time, greats guys there an its a great day out tbh enjoyed it.

the difference will shock you mate thats for sure. i will be going back to them for another remap once i got me intercooler and down pipe purchased and fitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeParkin
Like above have siad. Rick at Unicorn would be best bet. I'd say to do ECU/TCU tune with inlet pipe like turbo technics and panel filter in stock air box with snow grate removed. That's the best bang for buck combo you can do with best proven results.

That combo good for around 375hp and close to 400lbs torque.

Cheers for the replys above chaps, i am definitely impressed by unicorn tuning and it helps there on my doorstep. Might get a cat delete pipe fitted before i send it in tho, also how do you folks find the maps feelm is it low down power gains or mid/high?

I find mine great in all aspects really I'm not going to get into a detailed review. All I will say is my car runs very well now.

I was quite impressed when I had a play with a friends M4 on a private road and the S3 was pushing it and then over took it !

Love it.

Reactions: j0nny2013 and lucaslfc