1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Stage 1 remap advice?

Gavin96 Mar 5, 2018

1. Gavin96

Gavin96 Registered User

Hi folks remap is definitely something i want doing. stage 1 is what i am interested in, what hardware parts are necessary for stage 1. Also what company's are good for a custom map. cheers. Gav

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Starry

Starry S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:

Nothing needed for a stage1. Where are you located?

4. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Advice: Do it

Hardware: None required but there are several inexpensive mods you can do without spending money to increase air flow (that's if you are in a S3)

Companies: me personally I would go for a reputable company like Revo/APR/MRC, what ever is handiest to you for support. Cheap maps bring problems.

5. Gavin96

Gavin96 Registered User

Yes its for my pfl audi s3. And im based in sunny Manchester ;)
    Do you have a link for these inexpensive modifications mate anything i need to know modification wise with the s3 ? Cheers

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    lucaslfc likes this.
  7. Gavin96

Gavin96 Registered User

Cheers for the above link will look into that!

8. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Registered User

If you go custom it's going to be a remap that's suited for what ever hardware you have on rather then a "stage" map.

The likes of Revo and APR have "stage" maps.

Either way I don't think you will be dissatisfied.

lucaslfc likes this.
  9. welshy_a4

welshy_a4 Registered User

Will you be looking at going stage 2 in the future?

10. lucaslfc

lucaslfc Registered User

what he said /\

i took mine there, and got some top legit figures with only small mods i had done on the car before hand, mine came out of there at 395bhp rolled at 325 on the 1st power run. there maps are custom to the car rather than a "staged set map"

even went back week later got them dial it back to 380bhp till me sach clutch installed in 2weeks time, greats guys there an its a great day out tbh enjoyed it.

the difference will shock you mate thats for sure. i will be going back to them for another remap once i got me intercooler and down pipe purchased and fitted.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    MikeParkin likes this.
  11. aussieR

aussieR Registered User

Like above have siad. Rick at Unicorn would be best bet. I'd say to do ECU/TCU tune with inlet pipe like turbo technics and panel filter in stock air box with snow grate removed. That's the best bang for buck combo you can do with best proven results.

That combo good for around 375hp and close to 400lbs torque.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Gavin96

Gavin96 Registered User

Cheers for the replys above chaps, i am definitely impressed by unicorn tuning and it helps there on my doorstep. Might get a cat delete pipe fitted before i send it in tho, also how do you folks find the maps feelm is it low down power gains or mid/high?

14. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Registered User

I find mine great in all aspects really I'm not going to get into a detailed review. All I will say is my car runs very well now.

I was quite impressed when I had a play with a friends M4 on a private road and the S3 was pushing it and then over took it !

Love it.

j0nny2013 and lucaslfc like this.