Stage 1 done

waring192

Reaction score
Just had Revo stage 1 done on my S3 SB, cannot imagine what stage 2+ is like! Pulls so much better in 3rd/4th. Best £500 spent in along time.

Only lasted from December before I made the jump! Just wish I picked DSG!

Sounds like you are more than happy. and making me ask more ?'s :(
Do you and any one else who has had stage 1 done, I would like to know what all the benefits are:- Good and Bad?

1/ Are there any down sides at all
2/ Do you use more fuel in just general driving?
3/ Is it an improvement pulling in higher gears at lower revs (Especially DSG)?
4/ I have an S3 a month old, with DSG, do I have to have the DSG re-mapped as well at an extra cost?
5/ The nearest Revo Dealer to me is Paragon Porsche, 5 Ashes East Sussex, anyone used them before for re-mapping?
6/ Warranty issues?
7/ Does it push the engine/gearbox, past its limit in any way that will shorten its life over no remap, but still driven the same?

Sorry, but thanks for replies

Sounds like you are more than happy. and making me ask more ?'s :(
Do you and any one else who has had stage 1 done, I would like to know what all the benefits are:- Good and Bad?

1/ Are there any down sides at all
2/ Do you use more fuel in just general driving?
3/ Is it an improvement pulling in higher gears at lower revs (Especially DSG)?
4/ I have an S3 a month old, with DSG, do I have to have the DSG re-mapped as well at an extra cost?
5/ The nearest Revo Dealer to me is Paragon Porsche, 5 Ashes East Sussex, anyone used them before for re-mapping?
6/ Warranty issues?
7/ Does it push the engine/gearbox, past its limit in any way that will shorten its life over no remap, but still driven the same?

1 - No, other than taming your right foot.
2 - No, I get 5mpg more since the remap IF, IF IF IF IF I control my right foot.
3 - Yes: rocket's in 1,2,3; pulls like a sports-train in 4,5,6.
4 - Me too, and yes or full torque will be limited in 1st & 2nd. The remapped DGS will make the 0-60 a Porsche killing, sub 5 seconds!!!
5 - If you live in East Sussex (I'm in West Sussex) why aren't you going to the famous, QS Tuning in Haywards Heath?!
6 - Grey area depending on if the engine failed as a result of the remap (unlikely unless you have a crap job done). BUT, I was in Audi today for a quick check, although it's new I'm going to Budapest on Friday, a 2000 miles round trip so wanted a quick levels/look-see. They said nothing other than compliments.
7 - No, a Stage 2 is still 'only' 80% of the engine's capability - have the 2+ and yes, you'd need to be replacing bits in tandem save failures.

http://www.qstuning.com/

Last edited:
Best use search facility dude - most questions you asked have been covered before:)

Well for the time being im good with stage 1

So what next? Brakes? Suspension? Anti roll bars?

Tyres! I almost forgot, need some new ones. Been looking to get them from camskill but unsure what to get, any ideas?

Dont want to change anything cosmetic apart from maybe lowering very slightly.

you could get custom code stage 1 which is a better map , you ll save £200 to spend on other mods :icon_thumright:

and the tyres to play-doh!

:slap:No-Butler has a month old S3 and like me he will be waiting for Revo to code the software for the DSG box i.e. it is not available for the S3 yet:)

Wrong! A DSG remap might not be available by Revo, but the remappers in West Sussex can do it! The garage you approach won't yet list it as a service (might do now, hang on) but the visiting remapper can do it - well, the one who did mine can. Hence, my 0-60 is under 5 secs which it wasn't prior to the DSG remap with just the stage 2 engine tweak.

Just been looking at Revotechnik and so pleased that, without knowing about Revo beforehand, I went for the MTM Stage 2 (QS Tuning). There was I thinking "Stage 2" was standard 330BHP (340 with the air filter & M-Tek TBE) and I've just learned that it isn't a standard power increase. Is that right, that all Revo can pull out is 300BHP on their "Stage 2"? Or "Stage 2+"? Ok, I realise there's a major difference in price, but surely a chip tweak is a chip tweak, MTM or not? Obviously not hence, DSG's are remappable, but not by Revo!!!!

And Chipmaster in London do a DSG Remap too!

and the clutch into mashed potato !!!! LOL

Stage one will wreck your cluch eventually, i had to uprate mine after a few thousand miles with REVO S1

you could get custom code stage 1 which is a better map , you ll save £200 to spend on other mods :icon_thumright:

Not many people will agree with you there.

Just been looking at Revotechnik and so pleased that, without knowing about Revo beforehand, I went for the MTM Stage 2 (QS Tuning). There was I thinking "Stage 2" was standard 330BHP (340 with the air filter & M-Tek TBE) and I've just learned that it isn't a standard power increase. Is that right, that all Revo can pull out is 300BHP on their "Stage 2"? Or "Stage 2+"? Ok, I realise there's a major difference in price, but surely a chip tweak is a chip tweak, MTM or not? Obviously not hence, DSG's are remappable, but not by Revo!!!!

Do some research before you post lol

DSG Transmission Performance Software for 2.0L TFSi

The Revo Technik team has been working with our own 2.0L TFSi test cars, for over 18 months, developing and refining Stage1 and Stage2 DSG performance software to complement our Revo performance engine software, optimising the launch control, shift and torque limiter functions......

taken from this link: http://www.revotechnik.com/aboutRevo/news/dsg.aspx

Revo Stage2 £549 +15bhp +15ftlb over Stage1
Revo Stage2+ £599 +45bhp +40ftlb over Stage1
Revo Stage3 GT3071R £699 over 400bhp

Info taken from here: http://revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=980

Most S2+ cars Dyno at around 360BHP, S2 is usually around 330BHP and S1 around 300BHP all depending on Dyno.

Blah, Blah, Blah ...

It wasn't me who said the DSG remap wasn't available from Revo! I was contradicting a general statement made by S3-Sport-Guy who said "...waiting for Revo to code the software for the DSG box i.e. it is not available for the S3 yet."

DP: read the previous posts before you post and analyse the syntax of those you choose to reprimand! But, sincerely, thank you for posting the fact that Revo can remap the new S3 DSG - cause far too many people think that the DSG is not remappable and have petty squabbles about it! So for that issue, and that alone, I thank you.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
But, sincerely, thank you for posting the fact that Revo can remap the new S3 DSG - cause far too many people think that the DSG is not remappable and have petty squabbles about it! So for that issue, and that alone, I thank you.:icon_thumright:

Revo cannot do the S3 DSG yet, only Audi's they can at the moment are...

Audi A3 MY 04 - 07
Audi TT MkII MY 06 – 07

So the new ones cannot be done (taken from their site).

I wonder how much power the DSG can handle, am I right in thinking the manual is recommended to have a new clutch 360+?

1 - No, other than taming your right foot.
2 - No, I get 5mpg more since the remap IF, IF IF IF IF I control my right foot.
3 - Yes: rocket's in 1,2,3; pulls like a sports-train in 4,5,6.
4 - Me too, and yes or full torque will be limited in 1st & 2nd. The remapped DGS will make the 0-60 a Porsche killing, sub 5 seconds!!!
5 - If you live in East Sussex (I'm in West Sussex) why aren't you going to the famous, QS Tuning in Haywards Heath?!
6 - Grey area depending on if the engine failed as a result of the remap (unlikely unless you have a crap job done). BUT, I was in Audi today for a quick check, although it's new I'm going to Budapest on Friday, a 2000 miles round trip so wanted a quick levels/look-see. They said nothing other than compliments.
7 - No, a Stage 2 is still 'only' 80% of the engine's capability - have the 2+ and yes, you'd need to be replacing bits in tandem save failures.

http://www.qstuning.com/

I was out in a TTRS 2 weekends ago which I can safely say was a lot slower than my Revo 2+ S3 for accelaration and top speed which I found very dissapointing, However this may change when revo finish off the new map with the help of the TTshop's new demo RS.

My point though is my S3 has about 360/370bhp and the TTRS has 340bhp but I still can not kill my mates Porsche 911 c4 and I run very low 4 sec 0 to 60 times and Davie ran sub 13 sec 1/4 mile times so obviously MTM stage 2 is the way forward mate as it can do so much more than any other tuner!!!

Brett Butler: Do have a good look at all the tuning post's on the forum as we all have done similar things but you wont really find any set up actually head and shoulders above the next tuner but you willl find the power delivery a lot differant so check out what the guys think of the way there own car drives it may help you choose who to go too

Gaz

Been a nice day so thought Id give it a proper clean...again. Used Megulars clay stuff and looks really good. What you think:

P1010055.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010058.jpg

Revo cannot do the S3 DSG yet, only Audi's they can at the moment are...

Audi A3 MY 04 - 07
Audi TT MkII MY 06 – 07

So the new ones cannot be done (taken from their site).

I wonder how much power the DSG can handle, am I right in thinking the manual is recommended to have a new clutch 360+?

Guys,

David Phillips said Revo do DSG remaps, so have a word with him - and if he's reading this post then "ha ha" to him. Whatever, too many contradictions flying around here about this issue so I don't care if Revo do/don't do DSG remaps or when they do. All I know is that mine is - but not by Revo, obviously. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm sorry if this offends revo-lickers, but MTM seem to be the only remap that Audi doff their caps to - which is exactly how I want it having spent 30k on the car in the 1st place! And before anyone picks on me for this post, please take it in context, and read the prevainling posts to know why I'm irked. And if you still don't understand why I'm irked - having been reprimanded and contradicted twice for referencing to things that other people have stated as being facts when they're not - then tough (being polite).

Thank you and be kind to one another
Jerry Springer

Last edited:
Guys,

David Phillips said Revo do DSG remaps, so have a word with him - and if he's reading this post then "ha ha" to him. Whatever, too many contradictions flying around here about this issue so I don't care if Revo do/don't do DSG remaps or when they do. All I know is that mine is - but not by Revo, obviously. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm sorry if this offends revo-lickers, but MTM seem to be the only remap that Audi doff their caps to - which is exactly how I want it having spent 30k on the car in the 1st place! And before anyone picks on me for this post, please take it in context, and read the prevainling posts to know why I'm irked. And if you still don't understand why I'm irked - having been reprimanded and contradicted twice for referencing to things that other people have stated as being facts when they're not - then tough (being polite).

Jerry Springer

Hey im cool dude:) To be fair I did read into the two original posts that as Brett was looking for a Revo dealer plus looking at DSG remapping then he was looking at Revo to deliver both - but as we all know as per Revo's Web site and the call I made to Revo Midlands - Revo DSG flash is not available currently for the S3.

Peace:friends:

Again thanks for Comments, for me seems silly to have the engine remapped, and then not the DSG, so maybe for the time being Revo is not the way to go, shame as I would have got a good deal off the Paragon garage, I sort of know the owner.
would appreciate any more info on the place at Haywards Heath then.

David Phillips - AKA "DP" said:
Oops, sorry

Hey Brett. You're now heading in the right direction - cough - and as you said, pointless having an ECU remap without the DSG remap too. QS Tuning in Haywards Heath? Speak to Kim. Here's a link to their Tuning Stages

http://www.qstuning.com/display.php?make=1&model=15&engine=61

Good luck and if you do have an MTM remap, you'll get an MTM badge for your boot :icon_thumright:

Hey Brett. You're now heading in the right direction - cough - and as you said, pointless having an ECU remap without the DSG remap too. QS Tuning in Haywards Heath? Speak to Kim. Here's a link to their Tuning Stages

http://www.qstuning.com/display.php?make=1&model=15&engine=61

Good luck and if you do have an MTM remap, you'll get an MTM badge for your boot :icon_thumright:

Does MTM do anything better that Revo for Stage 1 i.e. does the remap go anywhere near sorting out the drop in power delivery past 5k revs (or is a stage 2+ only going to sort this out?). Also does the DSG map provide more linear torque delivery beyond 3k revs? Thanks.

Been a nice day so thought Id give it a proper clean...again. Used Megulars clay stuff and looks really good. What you think:

P1010055.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010059.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010058.jpg

looks well. will keep an eye out for you!

That on the old road with Whitbarrow in the back ground by any chance?

Ok, spot of bad news last night engine warning light flashed a few times after giving it some (not redlined though). Same again today but this time warning light has stayed on. Any ideas?

Vagcom should arrive tomorrow but its worried me abit.

Nice use of bold writing, i will use your bold highlighting technique:

I was only stating that DSG's can be mapped i did not state that the S3 DSG box could be mapped so i think you should read before you post(notice my bold writing to make my point clear).

It wasn't me who said the DSG remap wasn't available from Revo! I was contradicting a general statement made by S3-Sport-Guy who said "...waiting for Revo to code the software for the DSG box i.e. it is not available for the S3 yet."

DP: read the previous posts before you post and analyse the syntax of those you choose to reprimand! But, sincerely, thank you for posting the fact that Revo can remap the new S3 DSG - cause far too many people think that the DSG is not remappable and have petty squabbles about it! So for that issue, and that alone, I thank you.:icon_thumright:

I never said the S3 DSG can be mapped i posted a link showing revo have the capability again you should read before posting (hows my use of bold is my point clear enough?)

I was out in a TTRS 2 weekends ago which I can safely say was a lot slower than my Revo 2+ S3 for accelaration and top speed which I found very dissapointing, However this may change when revo finish off the new map with the help of the TTshop's new demo RS.

My point though is my S3 has about 360/370bhp and the TTRS has 340bhp but I still can not kill my mates Porsche 911 c4 and I run very low 4 sec 0 to 60 times and Davie ran sub 13 sec 1/4 mile times so obviously MTM stage 2 is the way forward mate as it can do so much more than any other tuner!!!

Brett Butler: Do have a good look at all the tuning post's on the forum as we all have done similar things but you wont really find any set up actually head and shoulders above the next tuner but you willl find the power delivery a lot differant so check out what the guys think of the way there own car drives it may help you choose who to go too

Gaz

I ran a 12.73 @ 107mph thats REVO S2+ not MTM stage 2 :)

Guys,

Jerry Springer

ill leave you to post some more bold text :moa::lmfao:

Last edited:
Guys,

As far as I'm concerned, and I'm sorry if this offends revo-lickers, but MTM seem to be the only remap that Audi doff their caps to - which is exactly how I want it having spent 30k on the car in the 1st place!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Roland worked for Quattro for 25 years and is still in the boys club. If Audi respect their work so much, why don't they OFFICIALLY recognise and make the maps warranty approved?

I am an ex-MTM customer, who like you believed that as MTM had tenuous links into Audi that this may be buying me some seriously well thought out S3 code for my £1k. After one month I was blowing another £600 to get what I really wanted, Revo-licker or not. I think it was one of the most disappointing products I've had on the car after the Carbonia intake (which is also filed under bin).

Davie

I too was talking about revo stage 2+ But was just being sarcastic about MTM being the way forward for all tuned cars on the site.
ours are very similar spec mate.

Gaz

Davie

I too was talking about revo stage 2+ But was just being sarcastic about MTM being the way forward for all tuned cars on the site.
ours are very similar spec mate.

Gaz

i thought that mate, going by what i have read on MTM maps it seems like a bit of a rip off lol :) nice use of bold writing seems to be catching on lol

Cheers Davie

i thought that mate, going by what i have read on MTM maps it seems like a bit of a rip off lol :) nice use of bold writing seems to be catching on lol

Cheers Davie

The 'BS BAffles Brains' quotient might work with some/many/few, but not me. I'm currently in Budapest but I'll bring a full deconstruction to your in-box, save public humiliation, on my return.

xx

The 'BS BAffles Brains' quotient might work with some/many/few, but not me. I'm currently in Budapest but I'll bring a full deconstruction to your in-o
xx
I wouldn't bother mate..don't think anyone's that bothered..:icon_thumright: next thread!

Just been looking at Revotechnik and so pleased that, without knowing about Revo beforehand, I went for the MTM Stage 2 (QS Tuning). There was I thinking "Stage 2" was standard 330BHP (340 with the air filter & M-Tek TBE) and I've just learned that it isn't a standard power increase. Is that right, that all Revo can pull out is 300BHP on their "Stage 2"? Or "Stage 2+"?

Maybe you're a Maestro at something but it isn't anything to do with knowledge about tuning Audi S3s.
There are some very experienced owners on here who have been tuning S3s since they came out several years ago. Between them they have had (and documented/reviewed in numerous, detailed and literate threads over the years) MTM software AND Revo software (and GIAC and Bluefin and CC and all the others too come to that) and so speak from a position of knowledge based on direct and relevant experience. This "comment", with its bizarre suppositions and misinformed "learning" shows you as someone who's opinion should be swept out with the dust. Warren's post at #27 pretty much says it all - stop polluting threads with misinformation based on nothing but thin air. You're just bubble-blowing.

To waring192 - congratulations on your purchase. Glad you're liking it and that you got value for money.

The 'BS BAffles Brains' quotient might work with some/many/few, but not me. I'm currently in Budapest but I'll bring a full deconstruction to your in-box, save public humiliation, on my return.

xx

As tku said dont bother, i have heard enough rubbish for this lifetime thank you.

back on topic: waring192 - you made a good decision going with REVO hope you are enjoying REVO software as much as i do.

Davie

This mess started with contradicting posts by others about what Revo do and don't do to a DSG - some of them from latter referred, "experienced owners". All my experience provides is what I have had done to my S3 and the extensive conversations I had pre/post my MTM tuning with QST in Haywards Heath which I do no, and have not ever, presented as being "years" of experience - not that anyone accused me of that.

As for the reality of me ever PM'ing a "deconstruction", they shouldn't have taken me seriously although irony is sometimes too subtle for some. I mean, as if.

But to those whom deem themselves 'educators' with their untamed "experience" admonishing those who appear to need it, they should consider the manner in which they rise to 'teach' at the expense of appearing fascistic.

And Iggu, you were correct. A 'Maestro' I am in its true sense and not in anything to do with a car's engine. I never claimed to be in the first instance. But I am pleased to have been of some help to the few of us who have the MTM tuning and I thank you for your PM's. But next time guys, back me up on the board lol.

Gentlemen ... as you were.

:respekt:

Im getting my S3 sportback delivered in a few weeks, has the S-tronic/DSG auto box (and magnetic ride)...

I would like to know if i can do a simple re-map to get some easy power increase without breaking stuff or getting into the whole replacing stuff scenario (i would love to, but unfortunately these days i have to spend money on other things than extra bits for the car)

And so id just like to point out amongst this, as a relative outsider to the regular local community on here, and after reading this forum/thread a little > which seemed to start off with some helpful clear questions, i am no clearer on what i can/cannot do to my S3, and who/who cannot do it with regards to remapping etc?

I get the conclusion, roughly, that Revo dont do the DSG mapping yet, but will happily map the engine anyway?!.. and MTM is another option, which possibly do map and re-program auto gearbox, but nobody seems to really know much cos its too expensive compared to Revo, and not many on here have the auto, cos were all modding manual fanboys with custom clutches, bling alloys and low riding springs?!?! is that about right?!?! .. or am i just now some stranger prodding someone else's fire?

Im getting my S3 sportback delivered in a few weeks, has the S-tronic/DSG auto box (and magnetic ride)...

I would like to know if i can do a simple re-map to get some easy power increase without breaking stuff or getting into the whole replacing stuff scenario (i would love to, but unfortunately these days i have to spend money on other things than extra bits for the car)

And so id just like to point out amongst this, as a relative outsider to the regular local community on here, and after reading this forum/thread a little > which seemed to start off with some helpful clear questions, i am no clearer on what i can/cannot do to my S3, and who/who cannot do it with regards to remapping etc?

I get the conclusion, roughly, that Revo dont do the DSG mapping yet, but will happily map the engine anyway?!.. and MTM is another option, which possibly do map and re-program auto gearbox, but nobody seems to really know much cos its too expensive compared to Revo, and not many on here have the auto, cos were all modding manual fanboys with custom clutches, bling alloys and low riding springs?!?! is that about right?!?! .. or am i just now some stranger prodding someone else's fire?

Yes you would be correct about the dsg mapping, mtm do it but revo as of yet dont do it. And yes some people think mtm is expensive since it costs £750 plus vat for a remap but I dont think thats stupidly expensive since with mtm you only need to pay for a remap once even if you go stage 2 or 3 later. Whereas stage 3 revo costs £700 plus vat. Plus I know a lot of people have said mtm doesn't do stage 2+ but I've really pushed mtm glasgow and they have got in touch with mtm germany who said the reason they don't do a stage 2+ is because they want people to go direct to stage 3 turbo kit. But after a lot of pushing i've got good news for mtm fanboys, MTM is making a stage 2+ for the s3 and you will need an uprated fuel pump for this stage. The mtm guy who writes maps is in hospital at the moment but once he's out its amongst his first priorities to write the stage 2+ map and we should get it by the end of May, I can't wait :jump:

bling alloys and low riding springs, for some but not for others.

Still cannot make my mind up to do it or not on a brand new S3 DSG

Brett, if it helps you to make up your mind, my S3 Sportback went straight for its MTM remap the same day I picked it up from the dealer. I've had it 2 months now and just put 2000 miles on it driving to Vienna-Budapest-Frankfurt and back without problems - not that I expected any. QS Tuning knew I was going to Budapest prior, and they didn't foresee any problems.

Haz1 said:
Yes you would be correct about the dsg mapping, mtm do it but revo as of yet dont do it. And yes some people think mtm is expensive since it costs £750 plus vat for a remap but I dont think thats stupidly expensive since with mtm you only need to pay for a remap once even if you go stage 2 or 3 later. Whereas stage 3 revo costs £700 plus vat. Plus I know a lot of people have said mtm doesn't do stage 2+ but I've really pushed mtm glasgow and they have got in touch with mtm germany who said the reason they don't do a stage 2+ is because they want people to go direct to stage 3 turbo kit. But after a lot of pushing i've got good news for mtm fanboys, MTM is making a stage 2+ for the s3 and you will need an uprated fuel pump for this stage.

Spread the good news buddy. Much appreciated Haz

Still cannot make my mind up to do it or not on a brand new S3 DSG

Why not enjoy the S3 in standard form for a while and when you eventually get bored of that, remap it then? That's what I plan to do. Had my S3 (2007) since last October and still enjoying it. Plan to remap when the Audi warrany expires in October - thus avoiding the worry about warranty issues altogether (though I appreciate this will mean 3 years of ownership for you!). Just a thought.