Stage 1 clutch

Pazzer

Reaction score
Alright everyone,

If I were to go stage 1 on my s3, and if the clutch started to slip, what is the best clutch replacement for an oem feel?

Just considering this at the moment.

Dan

I went for a helix organic from AKS.. price was good and it seens happy with just under 400ld torque.. a bit heavier than stock, but feels capable rather than heavy

Reactions: kash_v
Lots of people seem to go the Sachs organic clutch with standard Luk DM flywheel.
If you search will find a few threads.

I am currently saving for this setup as went stage 1 and instant slipping from 4th gear at peak torque.

How much is that if you don't mind me asking?

How much is that if you don't mind me asking?
Your looking at roughly £800 for full clutch kit including release bearing.
Then it's the fitting, be charged between 6-8 hours so that could be roughly £300-400.

If you don't plan on going beyond Stg2+,then a Sachs organic will probably suit you well......it's usable around town etc,but it won't do drag starts.

The unbreakable(well almost...I finally wore mine out) option would be a Spec Stg3+ clutch,but whilst this feels like stock,and will cope with 540lbs of torque,it's a SMF setup,so you will get some chatter at idle.

Sachs Organic plate, part no: 881864 999502
Sachs Pressure plate, part no: 883082 001394
LUK release bearing, part no: 3182 600197
LUK DM flywheel, part no: 415033110

Also need flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts.

Can buy the kit yourself but I think will be better buying from somewhere who will warrant the kit and work carried out.

Reactions: Pazzer