Squeaky S-Tronic

I

Ignition1

Did a forum search on this and found a few people talking about a rattle with their DSG, but the sound I've found recently is more of a squeaking noise. I'm about 8000 miles in and it started about 2 weeks ago.

It normally happens after a fair bit of driving at variable speeds.

From S/S, the car starts up and as I accelerate it makes the sound - another way to describe it is like a squeaky fan belt but lower pitch. It happens from D1 to D2, and again going from D2 to D3. For the rest of the gears it doesn't happen again, and it doesn't happen when changing down.

You can hear it inside the car fairly clearly, and definitely outside as well. Was a little annoying as I was driving down a crowed street in Brighton when it was happening.

My car model etc. is in my signature.

Will take it to Audi soon, especially while I'm still in warranty (expires end of April!) but reproducing the sound is proving tricky as it only happens after a long drive (and not always then)...and my nearest Audi garage is only 3 miles away.

This is an issue with the VW Golf 1.4TSI with the 7 speed DSG too. My old car did it!

Almost exactly the same as what you are saying after 8k miles. Had the flywheel and clutches replaced..... another 8k miles later the noise came back.

You will find others in the VW forums with the same issue, not sure if anyone has found a permanent fix though. Can't be replacing the clutches every 8k miles when outside of warranty.

I found town driving (up and down the gears) would recreate the issue it's like it needs to get hot, long motorway runs in D7 wouldn't do it.

Reactions: Ignition1
This is an issue with the VW Golf 1.4TSI with the 7 speed DSG too. My old car did it!

Almost exactly the same as what you are saying after 8k miles. Had the flywheel and clutches replaced..... another 8k miles later the noise came back.

You will find others in the VW forums with the same issue, not sure if anyone has found a permanent fix though. Can't be replacing the clutches every 8k miles when outside of warranty.

I found town driving (up and down the gears) would recreate the issue it's like it needs to get hot, long motorway runs in D7 wouldn't do it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have had experienced this, though it's disappointing that isn't a permanent fix. I completely agree, that would be a huge cost if it keeps happening after warranty.

Better take it to Audi ASAP then.