Sqreeching front brake pads

Feza

Reaction score
What is the best brand of brake pads to eradicate screeching brakes I have brand new discs and new pads but the pad compound is crap the noise is driving me crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not be the pad compound, have you applied a good layer of compound to the backing plates.

It may not be the pad compound, have you applied a good layer of compound to the backing plates.

Yes mate where the piston locates on the pad I put loads of slip on the carrier contacts and the pads as well

I was thinking Brembo or a pec pads I was told the pads I have in are eicher and there is to much metal in the compound

If you need to change then brembo are safe, EBC also a good choice , a lot comes down to personal choice.
I had sqeeky pads in the 18z's , i changed to a diffrent pad lubricant and the problem stopped straight away.

Ok I use coma copper slip if I strip it I would rather sort it all at once mate what slip would you use

Mine are still making a noise, but only when you lightly push the pedal.
The only thing I didn't do was greese the pad backing, as it clips into the caliper, thought it was not needed.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I can’t remember if I did it or not but going to change the pads when it’s stripped to eradicate anything else had a good old chin wag with rob and got some sound advice from a very noligable guy with plenty of Audi experience

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I’ve just fitted front Brembo discs and pads. No screeching noises on application of the brakes.

Strip the brakes down and both the front pads that are held in by the retaining spring one had broken off and the other coming away from the pad these are the outer pads and these are new pads will be getting a refund on them buggers

Refund done faulty brake pads don’t but eicher