Q7 SQ7 - Who's interested?

W

Walton Audi

So I thought I would get a post running about the SQ7, as after doing a quick search it doesn't look as though there is much information on here about it. We know a fair bit about this car at the moment, and the order books are already open, so anybody who wants one could potentially order one.

Brief stats on the car.

4.0 V8 Bi-Turbo diesel, PLUS an electrically powered compressor to eliminate the turbo lag
435PS, with 900nm torque, producing a 0 - 60 time of just a shade under 5s.

It comes with all kinds of awesome kit as standard, including a 48v electrical subsystem to run things like the compressor, and also is available with electro mechanical rollbars, which effectively 'unlock' when you are cruising around and give a lovely comfy ride, and then 'lock' again when loading up in a corner to keep it nice and stiff.

We've got one of these on order at the moment, and by the time you've added some bits and pieces to it, you can easily knock on the door of £90k, so cheap these are not.

But I believe that for anyone who buys one, you will (for a short period of time until someone comes along with something else) hold the title of, Owner of the worlds most powerful diesel SUV currently on the market!

Who wouldn't want that?
For anyone genuinely interested, it starts at about £71k.

Anyway, thoughts on a postcard :D

P.S. - this isn't a sales pitch, just a discussion, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'll stick with my SQ5 which is about the right size for UK roads and plenty quick enough. I'm not a big fan of the design direction Audi are taking with the sharp lines of the new vehicles - although I do like the look of the new A5 coupe. I did see a new ABT Q7 that Richter Sport had on their stand at Donnington recently which looked OK. When they said they'd done one for Wayne Rooney that told me everything!

To put it blunt i'm considering one. Made a few enquiries to Audi dealers about them but I think i'm going to wait for one that's about 6 months old like I usually do and save a bit of cash. I know people don't like Q7's and think they're too big etc etc, but to me I have a 3.0TDI 2014 Q7 S Line Sport edition and imho I wouldn't have any other motorway muncher!

The SQ7 is definitely something that could be potentially my next car, that or a Range Rover Sport equivalent.

To put it blunt i'm considering one. Made a few enquiries to Audi dealers about them but I think i'm going to wait for one that's about 6 months old like I usually do and save a bit of cash. I know people don't like Q7's and think they're too big etc etc, but to me I have a 3.0TDI 2014 Q7 S Line Sport edition and imho I wouldn't have any other motorway muncher!

The SQ7 is definitely something that could be potentially my next car, that or a Range Rover Sport equivalent.
I agree. To even compare a Q5-Sq5/Q7/SQ7 is absurd. They're their as similaras an A3 sedan and an S8.
One has 7 seats the other doesn't, need I say more?

I wouldn't advise getting a 6month old SQ7 though you'll get better discounts on a new car plus, the advantage of full warranty period, a car made to your exact spec and the assurance that it wasn't rag-dolled up the m74 every other day by the previous owner.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

My name is already on the list at the dealer IF/WHEN it becomes available in the US.

Surely at 6 months you'd need a mahoosive deposit or buying for cash otherwise you really would be burning cash

Personally if I had the money they cost I'd be driving to a Land Rover/Range rover dealership.

Personally if I had the money they cost I'd be driving to a Land Rover/Range rover dealership.
I have had 2 Range Rovers (both classic gen 1's) and I have driven the new one which solved many of the issues the early ones had (like stopping and driving a stick in the ground then getting back in had driving away using the stick to mark your progress!) My main problem with the early Rangies was that they went about 100k and then needed all sorts of relays, switches and ancillary stuff replaced. I never had any engine trans issues but sure put a bunch of nickle and dime stuff back into both of them. I hope they are more reliable now however most of the reviews I have read still indicate the same old issues. At 95k my Q7 has required exactly 0 in out of pocket repairs and only one warranty replacement for the start button which started to peel off.

Reactions: KrisKrk and Ben85