SQ5 SQ5 TDI engine 313 vs 326 & 340 what's the difference?

Such a shame you didn't fit and experience that 034 ARB, Ju... :racer:
I guess so John but the RSQ3 is a massive upgrade on the handling front, especially with the adaptive dampers and needs nothing else .
I enjoyed my time with the SQ5 though no question, but the RS fits my needs and wants more:icon thumright:

Reactions: 45bvtc
I think my problem was that I always wanted the RSQ3 and so the SQ5 was my second choice. I do still look at them in passing and think "nice! " . For road trips though the SQ5 would run rings around the RS and will return 45mpg while doing it.
You won't notice any difference between the 313 and 326bhp models and the 340 model is from the plus anyway and so like you say is probably well above budget.
I had an MTM cantronic box on mine which for a tuning box is about as close to a remap as you can get and will get you to 360bhp. I also had Eibach and bilstein suspension which while improving the ride, still didn't completely tick the handling box which goes back to the 2 tonne bulk your lugging around.
Just bear in mind also that adblue was introduced towards the end of 2015 just before the 326bhp came in which may or may not make a difference but I have heard of expensive adblue system repairs.

Did you ever get rid of the suspension Ju? Since I had your arb, I’ve been wondering if you still had it or not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes Paul, they went about 2 months ago on ebay.
Have you fitted the arb and if so how did you find it?

Yes, is all good thanks, but I’m waiting for some decent billet drop links before I change to the inner holes without any flex from the standard plastic links so hopefully I will feel the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: -Ju-
I guess so John but the RSQ3 is a massive upgrade on the handling front, especially with the adaptive dampers and needs nothing else .
I enjoyed my time with the SQ5 though no question, but the RS fits my needs and wants more:icon thumright:

You must come sample BLUEY (post #30) one day... :racer:

Happy owner of a plus sized blue hippo myself! (Sepang blue 2016 SQ5 Plus).

To answer your question about the different engines please see below (326hp vs 340hp). Unfortunately during my brief Google search I've not been able to find a comparison of the 313hp and the 326hp.

"However, of more interest is the addition of this Plus version of the already compelling SQ5. It ups the ante with an extra 14bhp over the standard model, plus another 20bhp temporarily available on overboost. Torque is also up by 37lb ft, so you get a hefty 516lb ft available from just 1500rpm.

That’s all been achieved by running higher boost for the two turbos that feed the 3.0-litre V6 diesel, as well as increasing the injector’s operating pressure to 2100 bar (from 2000 bar) and playing about with the ECU mapping."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/sq5-2012-2017/first-drives/2016-audi-sq5-plus-review

Coming from a Stage 1 2018 S3 it's a totally different car - that said, it's a much nicer car to drive.

Upload 2021 3 4 13 21 49

Last edited:
Reactions: blackwood, gratifi.me, 45bvtc and 2 others
Happy owner of a plus sized blue hippo myself! (Sepang blue 2016 SQ5 Plus).

To answer your question about the different engines please see below (326hp vs 340hp). Unfortunately during my brief Google search I've not been able to find a comparison of the 313hp and the 326hp.

"However, of more interest is the addition of this Plus version of the already compelling SQ5. It ups the ante with an extra 14bhp over the standard model, plus another 20bhp temporarily available on overboost. Torque is also up by 37lb ft, so you get a hefty 516lb ft available from just 1500rpm.

That’s all been achieved by running higher boost for the two turbos that feed the 3.0-litre V6 diesel, as well as increasing the injector’s operating pressure to 2100 bar (from 2000 bar) and playing about with the ECU mapping."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/sq5-2012-2017/first-drives/2016-audi-sq5-plus-review

Coming from a Stage 1 2018 S3 it's a totally different car - that said, it's a much nicer car to drive.

View attachment 216497

Thanks @Lehn

I believe I have read this reveiw on my travels.

Though, with regard to my enquiry, I'm entirely not convinced they're directly comparing the PLUS to the 326, because both those models seem to achieve the same results when tuned.

I'll have to dig around to see if the 326 also benefits from higher boost and increased injector operating pressure (over the 313) - you could be onto something concrete in that respect.

I may not have the choice depending on what's available in my proposed budget (typically 313 models), though I have seen a few 326s come up within my price range, so who knows.

Cheers,

Kevin