SQ5 SQ5 orders cancelled

Yep, I stand corrected. Received an email from the dealer earlier in the week noting that by delivery has been brought forward (yes forward) by 10 weeks...not sure if this is related, but either way I get my car earlier..

Interesting that the Audi UK site does say subject to availability....

Is this due to it being replaced by a (rumored) TDI version?

or just not selling?! I haven't seen many and I am in West London, home of the 4x4...

The ‘subject to availablity’ is if Audi can source once from those which are already been built.

I doubt that they are not selling and the ‘grey’ area in what is happening to TDI it’s uncertain and the government confusion is partly to blame.... My thoughts are they Audi are sticking with the tfsi engine and putting some hybrid/electric into it..

I’ll be pretty miffed if they launch an upgraded version 6 months after I got mine!

Reactions: Navisace
I’ll be pretty miffed if they launch an upgraded version 6 months after I got mine!

Me too..however I still think it’s do with emissions..could be an engine tweak..to reduce the real world co2...

I do think given all the issues VW are having on v6 tdi i am not sure that could be the issue..could be a new V8 tdi though..

However due to the low mileage a petrol is for me..

The V8 TDi is an epic engine - my brother has a SQ7 and I've been a passenger a few times. Sounds great and pulls the Q7 body around very competently - joining the dual carriageway near his house is sports car like fast.

But its way too big / heavy for the SQ5 platform (The V6 only jut fits) and probably has too much power too!

Is the RSQ5 still rumored?

Reactions: NevMan
Its WLTP that has caused a few engines and therefore models to go subject to availability. The line is that “production is full” because that’s a much better good news story!