SQ5 or stick with my S4

S4_LEE

Reaction score
Ok, my huge dog has out grown my S4 Avant and therefore i need to look at a bigger car. So I've booked a test drive in a SQ5 this week, taking the dog to make sure she fits :). Anyone here made the move from an S4 to an SQ5? Interested to here any views....

Pretty sure the boot in the SQ5 is smaller than the S4?! Dog = A6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above.
I can't imagine the boot in an sq5 being bigger. Taller maybe.

Would the rear deck height of the SQ5 be an issue ? Would imagine it'd be bit more of a jump up for your dog than the S4 Avant ? ( or do you have a ramp ? )

What kind of dog you got ?

Can you not just put the back seats down when you take the dog out or does the fog travel with you to work etc?

My old mans dog loves his motor and spends all day in it but he's just a springer

I like the sq5s but it's not gona be anything like the S4 to drive and as above I bet the boots the same size

Q7 ?

Or just buy an old scrapper for taking the dog out if it's just for walks

As above think you will find sq5 boot is smaller than the S4. I have a German Shepherd and a Chocolate lab and they fit in the back of my S4 avant. If I need to go any distance I just throw the roofbox on for additional luggage space. Take a look at the Golf R estate if you want more space it has more than the S4, S6, and Passat surprisingly. Look on Parkers website they give a good indication of boot space. I nearly got the golf r but build time was to long after a strike at the factory last year!

Personally I wouldn't like a pet to dictate my car-buying decisions, but if we're going there why not an RS6? Surely the noisy smelly drooly thing deserves it?

I have an S5 and SQ5 and both are mapped. The SQ5 is a different animal to the S5 but by no means is a downgrade.

Its VERY quick, sounds amazing and is very practical. For an SUV it also has impeccable handling!

Attachments

• IMG_5436.JPG
    IMG_5436.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
I have an S5 and SQ5 and both are mapped. The SQ5 is a different animal to the S5 but by no means is a downgrade.

Its VERY quick, sounds amazing and is very practical. For an SUV it also has impeccable handling!

Think you missed the point here. The sq5 has a smaller boot so wont really be the ideal choice here.

Ok all appreciate the input, I have a Black Russian Terrier currently 48kg (google the breed :)). The floor space of the S4 is big enough but no head room, hence looking at the SQ5. My wife has an S-max but i cannot bring myself to drive it when we go out :). Yes the RS6 is on my radar but out of my price range at the moment, so may have to look at an S6 or keep the S4 and buy the wife a Q7. Any way off to Audi with the dog on Friday to try a few options..

The Italian Spinone used to fit into our Fiat 500 - so the S4 must be more than big enough for your Russian :blink: unless he stands....in which case you aren't driving quick enough :yes:

Think you missed the point here. The sq5 has a smaller boot so wont really be the ideal choice here.

Nope, dont think I was missing the point at all...

Reactions: LukeyC