Sprint Blue Spring Clean, Polish, H&Rs, BBS VZs, WALK

essIII

Reaction score
I'm not normally one to show off pics of my car, but I'm so chuffed with how she looks today that I thought I'd put a couple up! In the last 2 weeks me & my bro have installed the H&R Cup Kit (springs and dampers), WALK Kit and my new summer wheels - BBS VZs. I also finally got around to trying out some lamin-x on the headlights.

Cheers to Graeme at GNJ for sorting me out with the H&R kit. This has given me a 25mm drop, much flatter cornering, a more predictable response to road imperfections and a more comfortable motorway ride than my 75k old OEM stuff.

At the same time as installing the H&R kit we put the Whiteline Anti-lift Kit on. Bought from S3Kel on these forums (cheers pal). This has improved the turn in on the car (adds castor I believe) but also removed any nose lift when I bury the throttle - I am still surprised how big a difference this seems to have made!

As for the BBS - they came from Wheelbase Alloys; I love the blue on grey look!

A couple of pics:

photo1.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

Reactions: S., Kelza and Paullie
Car looks fantastic with its 'new shoes' and suspension mods done! I have always loved these VZ's, no need for spacers with the lower offset than the 18" CH's too and IMO a much nicer colour. Lovely! :wub: xx

Car looks fantastic with its 'new shoes' and suspension mods done! I have always loved these VZ's, no need for spacers with the lower offset than the 18" CH's too and IMO a much nicer colour. Lovely! :wub: xx

Cheers Paullie - I'm a long term admirer of your yellow beauty, especially with those MTMs N8 has hooked you up with.

Totally agree on the VZ's - 43 offset = perfect stance!

Looks mint mate. If I was buying again I'd look for sprint, it looks so wet when detailed properly. How comes you don't have chrome mirrors? Wheels look smart, some smoked side repeaters would tie in lovely.

Looking good, blue looks stunning after a clean.

Looks mint mate. If I was buying again I'd look for sprint, it looks so wet when detailed properly. How comes you don't have chrome mirrors? Wheels look smart, some smoked side repeaters would tie in lovely.

Cheers pal! To be honest, I'm not a fan of chrome on Sprint Blue - first mod I did was buy some primed mirrors and spray them body colour! Then the chrome grill went. Smoked side repeaters will happen one day soon I'm sure!

Nice colour!

Wheels go well with the blue, front end could do with being a tad lower but overall it looks great!

Well done buddy. Looks great with it's new shoes and and ride height.
Perfect colour wheels for the Sprint Blue.

Did you plasti dip your front grille? Looks very matt.

Well done buddy. Looks great with it's new shoes and and ride height.
Perfect colour wheels for the Sprint Blue.

Did you plasti dip your front grille? Looks very matt.

Cheers warren and robin. No adjustment on ride height - didn't go down the coilover route.

And yep poli, the grill, chin and rear diffuser are plasti dipped.

looks great, was looking at the set of same wheels lovely oem bbs 18x8 et43. and now after seeing yours might get them :D
i think maybe if the mirrors were black it would look better?

looks great, was looking at the set of same wheels lovely oem bbs 18x8 et43. and now after seeing yours might get them :D
i think maybe if the mirrors were black it would look better?

Cheers pal. Been contemplating black mirrors. And my11 rear lights....

Cheers Rye and Damian - handles much better than before, just need a fat rear ARB now!

Smoked repeaters added (thanks for the suggestion Willowsdad):

photo2.jpg

Love sprint blue when detailed. Your motor looks great and the wheels finish it off nicely.
What exhaust is that as the tailpipes look larger than milteks?

Love sprint blue when detailed. Your motor looks great and the wheels finish it off nicely.
What exhaust is that as the tailpipes look larger than milteks?

Cheers Adrian! It's a Milltek - must be the camera angle or the shininess! 'Special' tips as opposed to 'Jet'.