Sprint Blue 2.0TFSI - Build Thread - Pic heavy

Philip_98

Reaction score
Not really posted much up about my car onto here so heres a quick run through whats been done since I got it back in September 2014.

First issue was getting the excessive oil issue sorted out, i was using 1.5ltrs of oil to every 250miles which was just ridiculous. was given a bill for £4800 by Aberdeen Audi and offered £1300 good will towards it, after a bit of arguing i got it up to £1700 and was basically told by them to take it or leave it as the car didnt have FDSH. Luckily the garage i bought the car from sorted the majority of the bill which left me with £500 to pay, all in all annoying on Audis part but not a bad result at the end of the day.

Since having it fixed i've done a few bits and pieces but nothing to major, RS style grille, Shark stage 1 remap, k&n typhoon induction kit, h&r 40mm lowering springs with 15mm spacers all around and my cat back exhaust should be arriving early next week.

Heres a couple of photos

How she was when i picked her up;

Then I got my RS style grille and put that on; excuse the bit of silver crashbar its been repainted since!!

Although i think it looks much better without any plate on the front its a pain in the backside constantly wondering if the next copper you see is going to pull you over or not so i opted for a stick on plate on the side of the bumper as it still leaves the grille open

Next up was the Shark stage 1 remap which was done by Mark at Brotek!! still not gotten around to having her dyno'd yet but booked in for next month so should hopefully be some decent gains from standard, defs feels faster!

Rear lights got tinted; while it was in the guy also did my fogs yellow, wasnt a fan to start with but they've grown on me; again ignore the crash bar

I did one of the pure rallys back in May so heres a couple of pictures of the car supporting the rally stickers as well as some wrap I had done, also sitting on my mates Rotors while mine were in being refurbed

One outside Buckingham Palace :D

Heres a couple of pictures of how she looks now after fitting 40mm H&R lowering springs, 15mm spacers all round and also had a full detail; couple of the pictures from Scottish Car Show last weekend where we won Best Outdoor Club Stand

will try and not leave it as long to update next time!!

Thanks for looking :)

Reactions: Chop., RS5 JON and ruairi83
Looks great. You should contact Audi again to see if £500 you paid before rebuild gets refunded. @Mike J moght be able to advise as he has went threw this also and been refunded etc

Pic's look good Philip, car looked even better at the Scottish Car Show on Sunday.
Keep the pic's coming, we all like a good thread full photo's of a modified Audi.
JG

Cheers guys. Ye I've got all the recipes ect looked out to try and get the money back, never had much luck with Audi so far though so not planning on holding my breath.

Great looking A4 Phil :thumbs up:

Some great pics in your thread

Looks spot on mate.Nice work
What exhaust are you going with?Twin exit?

Looks spot on mate.Nice work
What exhaust are you going with?Twin exit?
Thanks everyone

Just gone for the scorpion dual exit, was going to go quad exit but with it being sprint blue a lot of people already think it's an s4 and I don't want to seem like I'm trying to make it look like one

Reactions: xpoweruk

Pic of the rear end with the short plates on :) also shows off how shes sitting with the springs and spacers a bit better!!

Looks good :)

I'm confused about the exhaust, though. My '09 2.0TFSI had 'wheelbarrow handle' tailpipes as standard?

not sure, ive only ever really seen them with tips like mine. although they will be getting replaced this weekend with a scorpion cat back system :)

Got my Scorpion Cat Back system on last Friday, really pleased with how it sounds!! much deeper done and doesnt seem to have any drone when just cruising.

Decat also arrived last Friday so need to get a down pipe made up and then get the both of them fitted and remapped again for stage 2 :D

Cars being dyno'd this coming Friday so will hopefully be pleased with the figures its putting out

Decat

Planning on having something very similar to this made up for my down pipe just with out the price tag!!

Only picture i have so far of how the new exhaust sits at the back

Heres the adapter piece showing the original 2.75" system and the new 3" system

The decat i have goes from 3" to 2.57 where it connects to the down pipe so the plan is to leave the downpipe at 2.75" as i remember seeing somewhere that the s3 guys were actually loosing a bit of power when increasing to 3"

So had my car on the rolling road last Friday and i was very pleased with the results!!

I was expecting around the 260bhp mark but car made 289 at the fly and 214 at the wheels! Works out at roughly 25% loss through the drive train but over all im happy with the results its about the figures i was expecting to get by going stage 2.

Still tempted to break the 300mark but as im so close as it is ive decided to put stage 2 on hold and get my bike test done and out the way then come back to it later on.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, mcfc1987 and xpoweruk
So clutch started slipping in 6th gear last night :( picking the new one up after work today and will get it fitted tomorrow :)

So had my car on the rolling road last Friday and i was very pleased with the results!!

I was expecting around the 260bhp mark but car made 289 at the fly and 214 at the wheels! Works out at roughly 25% loss through the drive train but over all im happy with the results its about the figures i was expecting to get by going stage 2.

Still tempted to break the 300mark but as im so close as it is ive decided to put stage 2 on hold and get my bike test done and out the way then come back to it later on.

That's not a very smooth power curve, what was the a/f ratio like?

Very nice car Philip.
When I was looking around at S4 replacements for my A4, I happened across pictures of yours, and that cemented the idea to keep my 19" gunmetal RS4 style wheels and put them onto my Sprint Blue S4. The fact that you also have a RS4 grille as I did on my A4 also persuaded me to keep that to fit it.

Reactions: Philip_98
Nice car matey, still one of my favourite colours. Recognised a few of those locations around Aberdeen.

Reactions: Philip_98
just seen these comments just now guys, thanks very much :D

so i got a really good deal on some brand new 4pot brembos off a Q5 last week. direct replacement using the same size disc so it was a bit of a no brainer. Just need to get some pads and then they're ready to be fitter :)

I wasnt sure what colour to paint them for it to go with the blue! so with not being a fan of red or yellow ive opted for white!! planning to put a ceramic coating of somekind on before they get fitted and that will hopefully help to keep them a bit cleaner. If not i'll just have them blasted down and redone in another colour!

Not the best of photos but oh well

Reactions: Dtfrith

Brakes all painted up and are away being ceramic coated to try and help protect them, just need to get pads ordered up and then they can go on in the next couple of weeks while im doing a fluid change as well :)

Reactions: xpoweruk
nothing as fancy as yours but here it is..

no comments on the plate.... it's the missus!!

But i'm mainly on this :)

Ahh I've seen you going past on the triple!! I was looking at them but have to order a brand new slightly less powerful model for it to be a2 compatable which is putting me off slightly

get your full licence, although it does make you resent the car while sitting in traffic.. love the triple, so much torque..

Only 21 so got to be on a restricted license :(

So car is now going next week as I fancy a change!!

Few parts available as follows;

Scorpion cat back 2 months old £350ono

K&N typhoon induction kit £120

Rs style front grille £100 - provisionally sold

H&R 40mm springs few months old £100 - provisionally sold

15mm spacers few month old £70 for 4 - provisionally sold

Brembo 4 pot brakes brand new not been fitted, painted white but have been ceramic coated. Direct fitment for the 320mm b8 discs just need bolted on. Also have brand new set of yellow stuff pads to go with them £350 for the lot.

No prices include postage but could potentially be arranged. Open to sensible offers. Located in Aberdeen

Reactions: NL316
8p s3 sport back :) should be picking her up next week as long as the aa vehicle check doesn't throw anything up:)

Nice, don't forget the pics when you get it, good luck with it.
And now the modding of the S3 begins :yum::yum::yum:
JG

That's it there :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: Chop., ruairi83, GjrBartlett and 2 others
So car is now going next week as I fancy a change!!

Few parts available as follows;

Scorpion cat back 2 months old £350ono

K&N typhoon induction kit £120

Rs style front grille £100 - provisionally sold

H&R 40mm springs few months old £100 - provisionally sold

15mm spacers few month old £70 for 4 - provisionally sold

Brembo 4 pot brakes brand new not been fitted, painted white but have been ceramic coated. Direct fitment for the 320mm b8 discs just need bolted on. Also have brand new set of yellow stuff pads to go with them £350 for the lot.

No prices include postage but could potentially be arranged. Open to sensible offers. Located in Aberdeen

Hello mate, I know it's been a while but do you still have the K&N typhoon induction kit available?

Thanks

Nice to see there is more people than just me from Aberdeen I'll need to get pics of my a4 avant up soon

Reactions: Chop.