Springs

maz1975

Reaction score
Hi guys

Would any of you know if the springs from a 1.8T Sport fit a 2.5TDI quattro sport? same age range of car.

Found out my springs seem to have gone so on the hunt fo replacement ones

technically I guess they'd fit, but they're not goign to be the same spec: this is all guessing, but the TDI is a lot heavier, so would need to be a bit firmer... sure somebody will have the details and step up with the info shortly.... I think that'd make more sense to go the other way around (assuming it wasn't the 2.5TDI's springs that were shot!)....

Last edited:
Hi guys

Would any of you know if the springs from a 1.8T Sport fit a 2.5TDI quattro sport? same age range of car.
They will fit but will have the wrong damping for the tdi and it will sit on the bump stops... I have a set of PI springs i have fitted on me b5 quattro(only fitted the fronts!) wich will fit your car/model/engine wich you can have cheaply ! I could not fit rear springs to me b5 quattro as the rear set-up is different to the b6/7.

Thanks for the replies, I had never thought of it like that and I also should have said that its the back springs that seem to have gone and not the front.

Damian, does DPM sell the springs that I need?

I think you missunderstood me, i do have the full set of springs wich are for the b6/b7 audi a4 fitted with the v6 diesel engine(2.5,2.7 and 3.0L). I only used the fronts on me car and i will sell the complete set as reverting the car back to standard. The front set-up is identicall on b5 and b6/b7 its just the rears that is different between quattro's ! If you want pics of how me car looks (also a 2.5 tdi engine) with the front springs fitted, let me know and i will mail few.

Ideally I would go for the Bilstien, not sure on the drop, would like to keep it to the factory standard of the sports suspension it comes with, not sure how much lower that is than the standard one