Springs...

Ben Craig

Reaction score
Sorry if these exact Q's have been asked a load of times, i have had a look, but not seen an anwer

I have fitted a front lower valence and door cards and am now looking to lower my a4 as i need to do the sus arms anyway.
I am pretty sure my shocks are on the way out too so was going to change these at the same time as all the rest.

I was thinking of getting second hand s-line or sports springs and shocks, but have not had much luck finding a set for my car (avant 1.9)

My Q's are

1) are after market lowering springs better or worse than audi s-line?
2) If i get after market lowering springs should i stick with audi shocks or get after market shocks to match?
3) I have also seen coilovers on ebay am i right in thinking these are a bit harsh for normal driving ( especially cheap ones around 200 quid)

4) does anyone have advice/ experience on which are the best makes for springs out of the many choices on ebay at the moment? (or does anyone have any s-line/sport springs they have upgraded from lying around they want to sell?)

Look forward to hearing any advice from anyone

Ben

Got a set of sport springs of a 2003 saloon tdi sport

Thanks so far,

Next question - Am i right in thinking that i will need to get springs from an avant for the rear, especially if i carry full loads?

also - i know that b7 springs fit too, would springs from a 2.0 tdi be any different to ones from a 1.9 tdi?

I ave some near new eibach pro springs
for a B6
quattro 30 squids Front only

If you have an avant then yes you'll need springs listed for the avant.

It would depend what brand they were as some are different but most will be indentical but always best to check.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks for the replies,

I have seen a couple of used front shocks with springs on ebay atm, but they are from 1.8 petrol or 2.0l (b7) diesel engines. I know the rears need to be avant specific, but does the front make much difference based on the engine size.

Has anyone fit front springs from a car that had a different engine size?

Thanks

Keep similar models and engine set up I.e you will need avant springs as there loads is much higher and also if you got a diesel then get them listed for a diesel as the front end engine weight is heavier...

you probably better looking for a 30 mm lowering spring this way you know there new, and if there's any b6b7 shocks on eBay for a sport or sline then get bidding

They look cheap and nasty in the flesh but folk run them on here and said they drive good....